Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, Mustang Mach e ordered 4/8/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Meanwhile my 4-month old order still has no production date.
Sponsored

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
I'm not sure I understand the obsession with Tesla. I purchased a MME and I love it! It's a huge step for Ford and I'm glad they're finally going this direction. Ford is on track with what they promised for the first year. Let's just take a breath, and let them roll these fine cars out.?

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Few things to point out. some people don't understand I guess. Tesla is limited to how many vehicles they can make. Even when the other factories start producing it still will only be a certain number.

Things are happening down at the mache plant to produce more mache. The numbers will increase. The difference is when ford and the other big car companies start making more and more BEV. They have the plants to do so.

my2ndstang

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Extended AWD Mach E
Country flag
Is there really less than 16,000 Mach Es on the road in the US? No wonder they are so hard to find on the road. hahah

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Lol people still don't get it. Sure I was making a stab at whoever it was in whatever thread it was since they were bragging about Tesla producing a million EVs. But Tesla ONLY makes EVs.

You can't come here saying "oh yeah let's see where Ford is at with their BEVs."

You're comparing all of the vehicles that Tesla makes to ONE vehicle that Ford makes and trying to talk big. It's a nonsensical comparison.

We'll see where Ford and Tesla are at when Ford and every other ICE manufacturer is producing most, if not all, EVs on or before 2030. It's not going to be only the MME until January 1, 2030. And again, ford is one manufacturer, all manufacturers are going to be majority, or completely, EV by 2030 if they want to stay in business.

A real comparison is Tesla vs Ford. Ford is blowing Tesla production out of the water.

If you want to only compare the MME then pick one car from Tesla, most likely the model Y, and also realize that right now everything is a shit show. There would be far more MME produced if supply was available.

Last edited:

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Tesla produced over 380,000 BEVs so far YTD. Where is Ford at when it comes to BEV production?
It's been just a few months since the start of production. Ford is cranking on average over 6000/month MMEs now, and it's a very difficult time in many respect. It took Tesla 4 years in good economic environment to reach the same numbers.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Few things to point out. some people don't understand I guess. Tesla is limited to how many vehicles they can make. Even when the other factories start producing it still will only be a certain number.

Things are happening down at the mache plant to produce more mache. The numbers will increase. The difference is when ford and the other big car companies start making more and more BEV. They have the plants to do so.
It's even more interesting. Tesla is producing significantly below capacity, the Fremont and Shanghai plants have capacity over a million cars a year since at least a year ago, and Ford is likely constrained now in how much they can produce. MME is a pilot project, I believe Ford was quite conservative in their estimates of demand and will plan for significant growth in production numbers next year and beyond.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
It's been just a few months since the start of production. Ford is cranking on average over 6000/month MMEs now, and it's a very difficult time in many respect. It took Tesla 4 years in good economic environment to reach the same numbers.
The online pissing contest is a waste of time. Let manufacturers performance and sales speak for themselves, is my opinion. It’s so stupid having to hear constant projections about how Tesla is going to bankrupt every other car company out there, and equally stupid hearing about how any minute now Ford or VW or someone I going to show Tesla how the big boys do it.

I only brought up Tesla figures because I think it’s disingenuous to compare a relatively new car company against the full production capacity of a car company that’s been in business for a hundred years, and not give Tesla credit for the huge impact they’ve had leading in the EV space.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
6000 MME a month is an improvement over the 4000 a month initial target!

Does anyone know how many MMEs are being built & sold in China? I remember some article many months ago that the first MME rolled off the factory line in China. But haven't heard anything about Chinese MME sales recently.

I found this dated April 13. May be MMEs haven't started selling in China yet.
https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/fil...-China-Electrification-News-April-13-2021.pdf

And this. :)
" However, its attempt at announcing the Mach-E in China caused a bit of a social media backlash after the automaker called 2021 the Year of the Horse rather than the Year of the Ox. "
https://fordauthority.com/2021/04/c...ow-available-to-order-via-direct-sales-model/

Last edited:

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Is there really less than 16,000 Mach Es on the road in the US? No wonder they are so hard to find on the road. hahah
Most are going to Europe, where there is a massive electrification push. Ford is a big company in the EU, probably more so than the other US automakers.
Also keep in mind Ford just started making MME. I think they want to get to sales goals for it that rival the glory days of the Mustang, at least globally. So probably 200k+ vehicles. This was just year one, and they limited production numbers because of parts shortages, but also dealing with year 1 issues.

Marki

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
And 40,473 for the year so far. Added to last years total of 6717 (https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/ford-q4-2020-sales-release-final-4-jpg.12017/), that's a total 47,190. So by the end of this month they'll have reached the 50k mark which I think was the goal for the first year. I think they are measuring that from October 2020, not February 2020 because those early units were likely mostly pre-production.
I read somewhere that Ford had confirmed that the Mustang Mach-E First Edition was sold out very fast. By any chance, do you know how many FEs were built and which was the favorite color?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
What I would like to know is the more detailed production numbers of the MME, trim, drivetrain and color. I have so far only seen one other IB MME in my city but I've seen quite a few white, black and carbonized grey
Sponsored