Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
SEPTEMBER 2021 FORD MACH-E SALES & PRODUCTION RESULTS:

Mach-E September 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Mustang Mach-E retail sales expanded 9.2 percent in September. With 18,855 Mach-Es sold through September, Mach-E ranks second in full electric SUV sales behind Tesla’s Model Y. Over-the-air modem activation rates for Mach-E are the highest in Ford’s portfolio at 97 percent.
  • 1,578 vehicles sold in September 2021
  • 18,855 vehicles sold year-to-date
  • 51,216 vehicles built year-to-date

Overall September 2021 Sales Highlights
  • Overall sales were down 17.7% (year-over-year from September 2020).
  • Retail sales were up 34.3% compared to August.
  • 52,000 new vehicle orders were placed.
  • Lincoln brand retail sales increase 52.6% over August as Nautilus sales soar.
  • September’s results made Ford the number No. 1 seller of vehicles in the U.S. for the month.
  • Vehicles are moving from dealer lots to customers at the fastest pace this year, while 31 percent of retail sales where from previously placed customer orders.
  • Ford’s electrified vehicle portfolio continues to attract new customers to the brand at a higher rate than Ford overall – at a conquest rate that is 6 points above.
  • F-150 Lightning reservations have now surpassed 150,000.
  • Ford recorded a record 77.3% of AWD/4WD SUV mix, which helped to lower its incentive spend as a percentage of average transaction pricing to 3.9%.
  • This is 10.3 points lower than a year ago and 0.6 points lower than August.
  • Explorer retail sales were up 155 percent compared to August on improved availability.
  • At the end of September, Ford’s highly anticipated new Maverick pickup posted its first sales report with 506 sold.
  • F-Series sales continued to expand, marking its best month since the semiconductor shortage began with 63,164 sold.
  • Ford brand SUV retail sales expanded 56.0 percent over August, while retail share increased an estimated 3.9 points to 10.1 percent.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E sales increase 9.2% in Sept 2021, YTD sales rank second in full electric EV segment September-2021-Sales-Release-1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E sales increase 9.2% in Sept 2021, YTD sales rank second in full electric EV segment September-2021-Sales-Release-2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E sales increase 9.2% in Sept 2021, YTD sales rank second in full electric EV segment September-2021-Sales-Release-3

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E sales increase 9.2% in Sept 2021, YTD sales rank second in full electric EV segment September-2021-Sales-Release-4

Attachments

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I have to say, in 6 months of ownership of my Mach E, I've already seen more Mach Es on the road than in the 3 years I had my Stinger GT and saw those on the road lol Although, part of me liked that rarity!

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Wow! Only 14 Lincoln Continentals sold.

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Wow! Only 14 Lincoln Continentals sold.

well they discontinued in 2021 (all sedans)...so actually pretty shocked they sold 14 2020's

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have to say, in 6 months of ownership of my Mach E, I've already seen more Mach Es on the road than in the 3 years I had my Stinger GT and saw those on the road lol Although, part of me liked that rarity!
Interesting, Stinger GTs are a dime a dozen in the Austin/CenTex region. Wonder why so rare in your area.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Once again more EcoSports than Mach-E’s sold, with more than 70% of production going outside the USA.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Once again more EcoSports than Mach-E’s sold, with more than 70% of production going outside the USA.
I see two reasons for this:

1) Ford is trying to maximize the tax credit for F-150 sales. They need enough Mach-Es sold to establish Ford as a serious EV player, but not so many that the credit starts to phase out early into the release of the F-150.
2) The Mach-E beat the Model Y to market in Europe and was racing the ID.4 out the door, so Ford was trying to push that advantage while they had it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Sounds like Mach-E production targets were spot on. I remember a 50k goal for first year production and I think it was about 40% domestic and 60% overseas. Looks like that is exactly what happened. Pretty cool.
Now to expand and ramp up production and bring more EV vehicles to market.......

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
Not bad! Please expand the statistics you post here to include cars sold outside the US.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
In all the years the EcoSport has been available I never ever seen one of those on roads around my way, where as I will see loads of of honda HR-V, mazda cx-3 and Toyota c-hr , so I have no clue where these things actually sell, terrible vehicle that can't disguise its cheap 3rd world transportation routes, Ford USA should have replace it with the European Puma ASAP :(

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wonder how many were sold at 10 grand over MSRP....

Good to see though. I have seen a few MME here in San Diego, think I've seen 4 out in the wild.
Sponsored