Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
From Maverick Street Truck to Mustang Mach-E Shelby Concept, Ford Highlights Customized Lineup at SEMA | Ford Media Center
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E SEMA Builds Previewed – Mach-E Shelby Concept, Tjin Edition California Route One, Mach-E GT Austin Hatcher Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT Concept

• Ford to display its fresh new lineup of must-have cars, trucks, SUVs and electric vehicles at the SEMA aftermarket accessory show in Las Vegas, with more than 40 custom creations turning imagination into one-of-a-kind, eye-catching works of automotive art
  • Available Ford Accessories and Ford Performance Parts components, featured on every Ford SEMA build, give customers more ways to personalize their vehicle with items direct from their local Ford dealer – and now, by ordering online and having them shipped direct to their home
  • Ford trucks – with the introduction of the much-lauded compact Maverick™ pickup, making its SEMA debut – will help lead the growth of Ford Licensed Accessories and Genuine Ford Parts
  • All-electric Mustang Mach-E™ SUV joins Mustang coupe stablemate to showcase the performance future of electric vehicles with the Shelby® Mustang Mach-E concept, Ford Performance Mustang Mach-E 1400 and Cobra Jet 1400 demonstrators
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 29, 2021 – A fresh new lineup of Ford trucks and SUVs – including the all-new Maverick pickup and all-electric Mustang Mach-E SUV – is creating new opportunities for customers to imagine, build and show off personalized versions of their new rides with Ford Performance Parts and Ford Licensed Accessories.

More than 40 unique Ford project vehicles created in collaboration with some of the automotive aftermarket’s leading customizers are headed to this year’s SEMA show in Las Vegas to bring those visions to life.

“We designed Ford vehicles to be easier to customize, with installation points and aftermarket accessories engineered from the start of the design process,” said Eric Cin, Ford global director, vehicle personalization, accessories and licensing. “We work actively with the aftermarket to share our product designs so customers can personalize and put the finishing touches on their vehicle to make it all their own.”

Ford Performance Parts and Ford Accessories components can be seen across examples of the following vehicles:

• F-Series, long the mainstay in Ford parts and accessories offerings, returns with some of the most radical builds and innovative designs in recent years. Trucks range from F-150-based desert runners and haulers, to F-150 and Super Duty® builds
  • The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick pickup – the highly anticipated Built Ford Tough compact pickup – makes its SEMA debut with three custom builds leveraging its ingenious customization and storage solutions while demonstrating the catalog of more than 160 Ford Licensed Accessories, Genuine Ford Parts and Ford Performance Parts items offered at launch
  • Ford Ranger pickup gets the rock star treatment with an extreme off-road build based on the rugged midsize pickup
  • Bronco™ and Bronco Sport SUV will flex their off-road muscle with six custom builds, plus a nomination for SEMA 4x4 SUV of the Year. Results of the SEMA member vote will be announced on Monday, Nov. 1.
The Expedition Timberline Off-Grid concept vehicle unveiled at Overland Expo East in Arrington, Virginia, earlier this month will also be on display. The one-off model is based on the new 2022 Expedition Timberline series, the most off-road-capable Expedition ever.

For the first time, stablemates Mustang and Mustang Mach-E are SEMA-bound with a unique mix of five custom builds, including a Mustang Mach-E Shelby® concept and a yin-yang combo from the ever-competitive brothers of California customization, Neil and Gene Tjin.

Ford taps new e-commerce site and products to grow accessories business

This past year has seen a number of new opportunities and accessories from the Ford parts teams. First among them is the launch of the revamped e-commerce site for Ford Licensed Accessories, Genuine Ford Parts and Ford Performance Parts – all converging at accessories.ford.com. There, Ford fans can buy everything online from a 760-horsepower Shelby GT500 engine to a Yakima pop-up rooftop tent, and just about anything in between, and have it shipped to their home.

The accessories business is growing at Ford dealers as well, thanks in part to the number of new Ford vehicles coming to market. The newest addition is the compact Maverick pickup that went on sale this month with its own catalog of more than 160 new Ford parts and accessories. Ford Licensed Accessories add-ons from popular brands like RIGID®, Yakima®, Thule® and FOX® are now available for Maverick pickup customers to roll in at purchase or to customize their trucks down the road. For the first time, a truck cap is available from Ford dealers at launch with a SnugTop® offering for the Maverick pickup.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E SEMA Builds Previewed – Mach-E Shelby Concept, Tjin Edition California Route One, Mach-E GT Austin Hatcher 1635520064839

Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer Mustang Mach-E GT AWD†

This stunning 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT was designed and built by the Austin Hatcher Foundation to help families battling pediatric cancer through occupational and diversion therapy programs. The Space White Mach-E GT features custom carbon fiber front splitter and rear wing from Archetype Racing.

The Mach-E is equipped with wide 20-inch Rotiform WheelsTM Alloy R-159 OZR wheels, Brembo® brakes and adjustable Motion Control Suspension to round out the performance add-ons.

Inside, Ford Performance Parts GTP seats are installed with an infrared rearview dashcam and charge cord bag by DC Safety from Ford Licensed Accessories. A black vinyl roof wrap by Wastegate Technologies is also added.

The Austin Hatcher Foundation plans to run the 480-horsepower electric-powered car at the 2022 Bonneville Speed Week, targeting to top 200 mph in the Mustang Mach-E SUV. In 2023, this historic piece of Mustang Mach-E history will be auctioned off to help support the Chattanooga, Tennessee-based foundation’s nationwide operations.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E SEMA Builds Previewed – Mach-E Shelby Concept, Tjin Edition California Route One, Mach-E GT Austin Hatcher 1635520071359

Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT Concept†

The iconic Shelby name is synonymous with Ford racing and performance – especially with the legendary Shelby Mustang GT350® and GT500® classics. Today, Shelby American returns to the Ford stable with the Shelby Mustang Mach-E concept.

Designed to help improve the function and performance of next-generation Ford electric vehicles, the Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT Concept showcases the company’s graphene-infused carbon fiber body pieces to improve aerodynamics and appearance. It includes an aerodynamic front fascia, front fenders and rear flares, and a custom hood with large vent to lower front-end lift.

The concept features Shelby-tuned Ford MagneRide dampers with composite carbon fiber springs, and rides on Michelin Pilot Sport EV tires mounted to 20-inch one-piece forged Monoblock wheels. Inside are custom Shelby by Recaro seats and Shelby CSM badge. Inspired by Carroll Shelby’s own dream for electric performance, this concept is a look of could come from the legendary performance brand.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E SEMA Builds Previewed – Mach-E Shelby Concept, Tjin Edition California Route One, Mach-E GT Austin Hatcher 1635520058913

Tjin Edition Mustang Mach-E California Route One†

This vivacious 2021 Mustang Mach-E SUV embodies the boldness of its creator Neil Tjin, offering a glimpse into the electric future with a distinctive California spirit. Flawless, custom bright orange paint contrasts with teal green accents in custom LED headlights from LIGHTWURKZ and on the badging. Custom-built solar panels on top and down the back are designed to power a custom teal green RayVolt USA electric bicycle mounted to a Thule e-bike rack.

Underneath is a fully custom air lift suspension from Hoppo’s Suspension with Baer 6S six-piston front and rear big brake kit, plus ultra-wide Falken® ZIEX S/TZ05 tires mounted to custom-painted 22-inch Vossen ML-R1 wheels.

The full Tjin treatment inside includes custom white leather seating surfaces from Recaro with teal lighting and teal seatbelts by Seatbelt Planet, plus accessories from Razor. Inside the frunk housing the air suspension system is a clear acrylic tank, choreographed with LED lighting and cooling fans.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ck-to-all-electric-mustang-mach-e-shelby.html

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Shelby looks great, except I’m not ite about the side stripes.

Too bad no mention of a power increase.

I am extremely curious how they plan on hitting 200 mph with the other car. Definitely a gear change but it’s also going to need more power somehow.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Love that Shelby prototype. I think it would be even better with that Archetype Racing spoiler found on the Austin Hatcher design.

200 mph? Someone's been tinkering with the code!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
I think the Shelby looks bloody awful. Had high hopes for something good, but this isn't it. Overstyled as an attempt to make something different. That nose grafted on does the car no favours.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The Shelby needs whitewalls and fake wire wheel covers to go with the ugly “pinstripes”. If they’d rip those off, the car wouldn’t be half-bad. The nose is supposed to be ugly.

I just figured out what the Shelby is missing - Coach Lamps and Opera Windows ?????

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I think the Shelby looks great. I've had my name on the list at Shelby American for quite some time to get my car turned into a Shelby. I'm curious now about the cost. Most Shelby cars coming out of SAI get a supercharger and big brakes. The GTPE won't need either of these so I'm guessing $15 to $20k?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
200mph with 480HP? Um, nope. Are they gonna get a Ford GT to tow it to 200 and then release it? Looks mighty good though, crazy negative camber and all.

The Shelby just looks too stickered up, I just can’t deal with that. Wheels and body kit are tough looking though. Plus, is it gonna be true to recent Shelby American form where it costs an additional $25-50K over the regular model and then somehow performs worse?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer Mustang Mach-E GT AWD† is the winner!!

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I like all the "frunk ventilators" everyone is adding - will really help air out that shrimp smell.

Seriously though, I do like the body kit for the Shelby, though the stripes are a bit much. I would hope that it comes with some material performance enhancements, however, if it is just a body kit, then why bother?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I like that big splitter on the Austin Hatcher Foundation car. The wing, not so much. Doesn't look functional from a drag standpoint, and looks too "ricer" for me. If they're planning on 200MPH, that wing has to go and they need some bowling ball hubcaps, a different final drive, different battery, more motor, different software, a bunch of tape on the nose and front of the glass roof, and a huge prayer.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I like all the "frunk ventilators" everyone is adding - will really help air out that shrimp smell.

Seriously though, I do like the body kit for the Shelby, though the stripes are a bit much. I would hope that it comes with some material performance enhancements, however, if it is just a body kit, then why bother?
" The concept features Shelby-tuned Ford MagneRide dampers with composite carbon fiber springs, "

I know the top brass at Shelby meets with Ford monthly to go over the product line and potential improvements by Shelby that Ford passed on due to cost of schedule. It wouldn't surprise me if that includes a better "tune."
Sponsored