mach e settings not sticking and screen takes a while to be up and running

macheowner2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford mach e
Country flag
Settings such as audio contol, ac settings, and motion sensor notification wont stick. Also when back passenger has left seat belt sign still is on. When starting up screen takes a while to be up and running.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Settings such as audio contol, ac settings, and motion sensor notification wont stick. Also when back passenger has left seat belt sign still is on. When starting up screen takes a while to be up and running.
yes, it does take a good 30-45 seconds to boot up the screen. Hopefully that gets better. For the settings, try disabling profiles, make the setting changes, and then restart the car. The settings should stick then, and then you can reenable profiles.

The rear seat belt warning does come on if the passenger unbuckles and gets out; as mentioned just push the OK button (right steering wheel toggle) and it will go away

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have the same setting issues. XM, sound, motion, all revert during most key cycles. Not sure why they can't fix these simple issues.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have the same setting issues. XM, sound, motion, all revert during most key cycles. Not sure why they can't fix these simple issues.
It is an easy fix for the settings not sticking to profiles. Turn off profiles, turn off the car - might need to leave it off for a few minutes, turn profiles back on, make your changes, save to your profile.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
It is an easy fix for the settings not sticking to profiles. Turn off profiles, turn off the car - might need to leave it off for a few minutes, turn profiles back on, make your changes, save to your profile.
Thanks. I've tried this a few times, but a few settings still change back.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
APIM update coming hopefully this month...or next... will solve this issue. It does make it boot faster too, though it isn't a whole lot better.

They need to have it boot screen off in the background when you open the door, but for whatever reason it doesn't do anything until the key goes on except play the animation.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
yes, it does take a good 30-45 seconds to boot up the screen. Hopefully that gets better. For the settings, try disabling profiles, make the setting changes, and then restart the car. The settings should stick then, and then you can reenable profiles.

The rear seat belt warning does come on if the passenger unbuckles and gets out; as mentioned just push the OK button (right steering wheel toggle) and it will go away
Not sure why it is taking 30-45 seconds for your screen to boot up. Mine boots within 10 seconds. It can take longer for Apple CarPlay to connect but the screen itself and the basic functions are always up and running for me within about 10 seconds unless an update has just occurred. It boots up quickly enough that by the time I get my seatbelt on it is always ready to go.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thanks. I've tried this a few times, but a few settings still change back.
Turn off profiles in settings. Set the car exactly how you want. Backup camera delay, radio/Sirius presets/audio system bass, midrange/ and etc. then turn off the car. Leave and lock it. Come back later, enable profiles again and the car will default to the no profile settings you set up instead of vanishing when it hiccups.

it’s a workaround until Ford actually OTA fixes something.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
My boot times are very inconsistent. Sometimes it is 10 seconds, sometimes up to a minute. The backup cam is ready and works about 90% of the time when I pull out. Otherwise it is blank for a bit or a Garmin logo. This weekend it did a new one where it started to work and then just dropped back out to radio.

The worst part is when the radio comes on to a song I absolutely do not want to listen to and can't get it to shut off! Yes, I know, I know, ridiculous problem.

Overall it definitely needs a good deal of improvement. I would wager that a lot of people would not accept this lack of performance in a modern car. The UConnect systems in my Jeeps have been much superior in basic functions to this for 10 years. When they have had issues, there were fairly timely updates via USB stick. Hopefully Ford gets it together soon.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have never had a car where simple profile settings wouldn't stick. This is odd that this far in this is still a problem. But it is...

Last edited:

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Turn off profiles in settings. Set the car exactly how you want. Backup camera delay, radio/Sirius presets/audio system bass, midrange/ and etc. then turn off the car. Leave and lock it. Come back later, enable profiles again and the car will default to the no profile settings you set up instead of vanishing when it hiccups.

it’s a workaround until Ford actually OTA fixes something.
Thanks. I'm away for ten days but will try this when I get back. Thanks again!
Sponsored