OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Something doesn't compute with those voltage and current values... Do you know which PIDs the app is checking?
That’s only 126kw. It looks correct to me. Look at this charging picture again. It correct minus loses.

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen A991E9C8-84CA-4319-B967-0423829AD1CF
Sponsored

waIIer

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E (Grabber Blue FE)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That’s only 126kw. It looks correct to me. Look at this charging picture again. It correct minus loses.
My bad. I was thinking that was battery capacity.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I just can't see adding yet another screen to a modern EV. Ford needs to add this in an update.
yes, I'd like to see kW in/out 'always' displayed in the upper left of dashboard.... above or below the Range estimate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
So, what's the consensus? Is an OBD-II adapter like this a good choice? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTKSCE...olid=3CAEVVXBQSC2C&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I got this adaptor and app, and just started messing with it. I does seem to work to display HV voltage, current, and other stuff like acceleration and error codes. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but will write up more details when I do....

1. phone app
from Android PlayStore, download/install 'Car Scanner ELM ODB2'
addl documentation is available online at
https://www.carscanner.info/

2. need ODB2 adapters with full ELM protocol support
recommended ODB2 = Viecar Bluetooth 4
$25 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTKSCEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
My cheap OBDII also works with both Andi and apple.

WHAT WE NEED IS... an app that does all this AND is compatible with AA or Carplay. I would even buy that one. $$$
Anyone know if this exists? Seems like I found some older references on YouTube, but curious if anyone has experience with Android Auto or Carplay and one of these OBD devices?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Anyone know if this exists? Seems like I found some older references on YouTube, but curious if anyone has experience with Android Auto or Carplay and one of these OBD devices?
I just bought a 'modern' ODB2, and downloaded the App.... seems to be working, but I'll play with it a bit more before I post results....

1. phone app
addl documentation is available online at

2. need ODB2 adapters with full ELM protocol support
recommended ODB2 = Viecar Bluetooth 4
$25 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTKSCEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This information is neat, would be cool if Ford does an OTA update one day where we can directly access this through Sync.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
This information is neat, would be cool if Ford does an OTA update one day where we can directly access this through Sync.
yes!
actually, I would prefer to see the power (kW) in/out always displayed in the upper left of the instrument dashboard.... above the 'Range' guessometer would be perfect.... maybe in place of the 'mode stripes' in the upper left corner ?!

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I expect this to be added some day by Ford, I know you are lurking ?. That’s why I am using a $9 OBDII

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don't have the OBD II device, but I tried the app in demo mode and don't see it on Android Auto. Have you managed to get it to work with either AA or Carplay?
I did not try AA or carplay, just viewed on phone app directly

Reactions: BDC

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
ok, I've messed around a little more with the CarScanner app.... very cool! easy to use, and does display the HV voltage and current. I'm still looking for a way to put those datastreams together (volts x amps) to display kW on one gauge.... but for now it is super cool to see this data; and have access to error codes, etc.

Here's the quick and dirty on HowTo

1. get a phone app to display scan data
some addl documentation is available online at

2. buy an ODB2 adapter with full ELM protocol support
CarScanner developer recommends 'quality' ODB2 with full ELM protocol support
such as: Viecar Bluetooth 4

3. first-time config of CarScanner
download app, install app
plug OBD2 into port, turn car 'on'
pair phone to OBD2 device
open CarScan app, select paired device, 'connect'
configure app
- create a 'vehicle', etc
- create a Dashboard to display desired sensors

4. use
plug OBD2 into Port, turn car 'on'
open CarScan app, 'connect', which can take 30 seconds...
Settings-> pick what you want to do
Dashboard to show selected sensor datastreams
DTC for error code
Accelleration for accurate performance testing
etc, some of which are for ICE cars only

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 01

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 02a select

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 02b connect

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 03 settings

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 04 sensors available

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 01 connectin

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 02 select dashboard

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 01
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 02a select
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 02b connect
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 03 settings
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS setup 04 sensors available
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 01 connectin
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 02 select dashboard
Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 04 showing 110vAC charge current

Ford Mustang Mach-E You can get your Mach-E to show charging speed and Regen CS use 04 showing 110vAC charge current