JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Ford had allocated a certain amount of production to the Mach-E for this year. Presumably, this means it's been completely utilized either already or potentially based on existing orders. Looks like mine (by the time I place my order) will be a 2022. I'm okay with that.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
"As for the chip shortage, Farley said initial estimates predicted the shortfall would affect between 10% and 20% of their production. The final number came in at 17%, or about 200,000 units. Farley expects the second quarter will be the trough and he's optimistic for the second half of the year," Rutt wrote. "Never vehicles continue to drive the momentum at Ford, Farley added. Their new electric Mustang Mach-e is completely sold out, while their new F-150 pickups are sitting on the lot for less than 25 days.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
All sold means fully committed production. Canceled orders will ensure availablity.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Hmm, in the last sentence they immediately say how long F-150's sat on the lot.. I wonder if sold out in this context just means there are almost 0 on lots available to purchase.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The chip shortage will likely take at least a full year to catch up with the backlog. It's one of those bizarre pandemic things... automakers reduced requests for chips from the chip-fabrication companies thinking sales would be off ... meanwhile families that previously only owned 1 computer realized that everyone in the house needed a computer for work-from-home / school-from-home.

Chip sales are actually up ... not down ... it's just that demand for chips is up far beyond what the fabrication plants can produce.

It is expected to take nearly a year just to catch up with the current back-log ... but in that time the backlog will build slightly. Estimates are it will probably be 15-18 months before chip available is back to normal.

SOOOO... if you want a model 2022 version ... you should probably be very serious about putting in a pre-order / reservation.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm, in the last sentence they immediately say how long F-150's sat on the lot.. I wonder if sold out in this context just means there are almost 0 on lots available to purchase.
There's "Ford having orders for all the cars they can make", and "sold out at dealers". There are definitely some Mach E's on dealer lots (I saw four yesterday at a dealer in NJ), which are mostly cars ordered by people who changed their mind after the cars were in the pipeline. There are also probably some dealer demo models coming available, and I think some dealers are allowed to order for dealer stock (but that's an unverified hunch).

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
if you already placed an order, you are very likely to be "safe"
I have a 2.21 order. No build date. Build dates for orders after mine. Nothing is safe

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
"As for the chip shortage, Farley said initial estimates predicted the shortfall would affect between 10% and 20% of their production. The final number came in at 17%, or about 200,000 units. Farley expects the second quarter will be the trough and he's optimistic for the second half of the year," Rutt wrote. "Never vehicles continue to drive the momentum at Ford, Farley added. Their new electric Mustang Mach-e is completely sold out, while their new F-150 pickups are sitting on the lot for less than 25 days.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
"Their new electric Mustang Mach-e is completely sold out"
Sold out from what point ??? No parts point. Last order ???? Count ??
That statement is very open ended.

EvGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Primus Prime
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
I have a 2.21 order. No build date. Build dates for orders after mine. Nothing is safe
I also ordered on 2/21 and no build date. Maybe depends on where you are or configuration? I'm in Oregon. Star White Premium RWD extended battery. How about you?

EvGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Primus Prime
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Ford had allocated a certain amount of production to the Mach-E for this year. Presumably, this means it's been completely utilized either already or potentially based on existing orders. Looks like mine (by the time I place my order) will be a 2022. I'm okay with that.
Not so good for those who want to order after this, but it seems like this is a good thing. With good demand maybe Ford will build a larger number of them next year. And I for one would really like to see the ME be very successful. I've only driven one for a 30 minute test drive before I ordered one, but it was an easy decision to buy. This will be my third EV, but I'm more excited about the ME by far than the previous ones.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Not so good for those who want to order after this, but it seems like this is a good thing. With good demand maybe Ford will build a larger number of them next year. And I for one would really like to see the ME be very successful. I've only driven one for a 30 minute test drive before I ordered one, but it was an easy decision to buy. This will be my third EV, but I'm more excited about the ME by far than the previous ones.
In practice I think it may just mean that new orders will role over to 2022 model year.

The Mach-E is after all not a limited run vehicle nor a vehicle in its last model year.