trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
He means sold out as no mache are on the lot. The mache is only lasting 4 days on the lot. So what he meant is there are not 10 to 20 of the same vehicles sitting on the lot like auto manufacturing in the past.

Also on the other side if you do want a mache this year or the next. The demand is so high get your order in or take your chances finding one at a dealer close by without a markup. Can you find one? yes. Have people already done it? yes. With summer coming and more people seeing the mache, them demand is just going to grow.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
"Their new electric Mustang Mach-e is completely sold out"
Sold out from what point ??? No parts point. Last order ???? Count ??
That statement is very open ended.
The 2021 Mach-e run was slated for 50,000 units. Odds are they’ve sold or have orders for that many. And then some.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The 2021 Mach-e run was slated for 50,000 units. Odds are they’ve sold or have orders for that many. And then some.
Im my mind it’s sold out when I can no longer reserve one from Ford. As of 5/3 I’m still able to order direct, when that goes “sold out” and no longer taking orders I agree. The MY 2021 selling out soon does makes sense with the flip over to MY22 coming up soon.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I also ordered on 2/21 and no build date. Maybe depends on where you are or configuration? I'm in Oregon. Star White Premium RWD extended battery. How about you?
In PA. Star white premium AWD ER

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I wonder how many 2021s they actually produced/are producing? I suspect they've produced more than 50K

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
With the chip shortage , not sure how this is going to play out. Most chip manufacturers are talking like the 4th quarter of 2022 as a possible catch up. All electronic products are going
to be in demand . Possibly driving up prices with little discounts and limited supplies. BEV
car manufacturing are under huge pressure launching new products with limited sales potential.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I wonder how many 2021s they actually produced/are producing? I suspect they've produced more than 50K
I’ll bet it’s pretty close to that. I ordered in early April and got a manufacture date two weeks later set for the last week of June. My dealer gave me my VIN, and it’s in the mid 42,000s. If they were moving 5-6000/month as they were claiming, that would pretty much wrap orders around the end of April, I’d bet, right around the 50K mark as they claimed.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
I’ll bet it’s pretty close to that. I ordered in early April and got a manufacture date two weeks later set for the last week of June. My dealer gave me my VIN, and it’s in the mid 42,000s. If they were moving 5-6000/month as they were claiming, that would pretty much wrap orders around the end of April, I’d bet, right around the 50K mark as they claimed.
How did you get a build date so soon? I ordered April 14 and haven’t received one yet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you've ordered you should be fine. If not, you may be waiting for a 2022.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
How did you get a build date so soon? I ordered April 14 and haven’t received one yet.
I ordered April 6th and I think I got extremely lucky. So far, even my Infinite Blue hasn’t been canceled either, so I’m chalking this one up to right time, right place, right phase of the moon, or fate smiling on me for my good deeds. I honestly don’t know.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Im my mind it’s sold out when I can no longer reserve one from Ford. As of 5/3 I’m still able to order direct, when that goes “sold out” and no longer taking orders I agree. The MY 2021 selling out soon does makes sense with the flip over to MY22 coming up soon.
I'm not sure how soon is soon. The email about the GT's kind of indicated that 21 orders through the end of this year and then 22's. That may be a different timeline than regular ME's, but I'd almost rather a '22 if it is going to take till close to the 4th quarter.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm not sure how soon is soon. The email about the GT's kind of indicated that 21 orders through the end of this year and then 22's. That may be a different timeline than regular ME's, but I'd almost rather a '22 if it is going to take till close to the 4th quarter.
I agree, depreciation would be my concern with the MY being close to rolling over. I also rather a 22 but my comment was based on the regular MME's and not the GT. Usually the MY22 starts to roll off the line in September and goes on order prior.

Only Ford knows.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No one said the 22s will be coming out in the 4th quarter. It may be a while for them to arrive. 2022 Gas could be way off. We just don't know at this point.

HBGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2021 MME Prem LR-RD; 2013 Focus Electric
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Don't forget that a Lincoln EV based on the Mach-E platform is also planned for Cuatitlan in 2022, assuming chips and batteries are available.