Gitboxdre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Expedition EL, 2018 Expedition Limited
Country flag
I would be just that person. I've driven Fords for years and lean mostly towards hybrids already in our home. Wife has a cmax energi, I have a fusion hybrid. This seemed like the logical next step for us. Looking forward to ownership of a "quiet" car.?
Same, the Mach E will be my first EV. I’m at a point where an EV is a good fit for my life (wife has an Expedition for when we need it, my daily mileage is far less than 200 miles, and I can easily install a charger in the garage). And it still manages to be practical for family use.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wonder what the GT will be like.?!?!?!
Feeling how fast and responsive my FE is, I honestly have no desire for an even faster GT. The front grill would be great though. Really wish they put that on the FE too.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same, the Mach E will be my first EV. I’m at a point where an EV is a good fit for my life (wife has an Expedition for when we need it, my daily mileage is far less than 200 miles, and I can easily install a charger in the garage). And it still manages to be practical for family use.
Similar for me. We still have an Escape to pair the Mach-E with.

That will be the bulk of the BEV market this decade, IMO - the suburban consumer with a house and a garage and a 2nd (ICE or hybrid) car.

Easy, cheap, dedicated overnight charging is the #1 selling point of a BEV. Without that, it's a much harder sell.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Great to hear but I would hope the MME and other new EVs entering the market would convert new customers away from driving ICE vehicles rather than cannibalizing sales from existing EV brands.
Don’t cry for Elon too much yet.

The article explains that EVs market grew 34% year over year.

For every 1,000 sold in 2020, that means 1340 in 2021

Of those the DarkLord sold 810 in 2020 and 924 in 2021.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I don't think Elon is bothered by this, his goal was to make EVs mainstream which he accomplished. I see him significantly reducing his role at Tesla sometime in the not so far future and moving on to SpaceX.
Trust me. It bothers him.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
All your posts are correct. Ford is trying to convert ICE customers to EVs. The conversion is not simple. Some people are terrified of the change. Some have problems dealing with the technology that is in the ICE vehicles today. Others are easily dismissing EVs with worthless assumptions of range, battery life, charging stations and plainly don't know or want to change their daily routines. My experience so far dealing with the people who have approached me to inquire about the vehicle is to explain the experience of Mach E in a way that actually can understand and raise their interest toward owning an EV vehicle like the Mach E.
EVs are not for everyone right now.
The technology in the Mach E is overwhelming to most people. That is the biggest barrier.
I still have fear myself. I wouldn’t get an EV if I could only have one car and didn’t live in a city. However, the vast majority of consumer driving is in a city and EVs already exceed those needs, but they have some ways to go to replace ICE vehicles.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I don't think Elon is bothered by this, his goal was to make EVs mainstream which he accomplished. I see him significantly reducing his role at Tesla sometime in the not so far future and moving on to SpaceX.
I was being facetious. However, I am serious when I reject the notion that Elon is the sole reason for EV success. I understand we like to tell and hear about the all conquering capitalist in our country, but rank and file state and federal workers deserve the credit. Huge gov loans to Tesla, carbon credits that allow Tesla to report profitable quarters, fed/state/local incentives for manufacturers and consumers. The story of EVs isn’t about one man it’s the efforts of a lot of people that go back decades.

EVs and Tesla are just another example of successful public-private partnerships, like the internet.

Edit: Elon’s next ventures are space and mass transportation...I guess he’s risk averse and smart to keep following the government dollars.

Last edited:

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Great to hear but I would hope the MME and other new EVs entering the market would convert new customers away from driving ICE vehicles rather than cannibalizing sales from existing EV brands.
"Stealing share" means exactly that. Tesla's sales are still increasing, the MME is just adding new EV sales to the overall bucket. The pie is getting bigger, and Ford is eating most of the new slices

HRT_Florida913

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now, if I only could get my car soon...LOL just ordered beginning of February. I think this will be a long spring, summer. What should I expect? October? :-(

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I’m one the converted! I’ve never owned an EV or even a hybrid prior to ordering the MME. I fell in love with the style of the car and it has pretty much everything I need. I am a bit anxious moving right to an EV since there is a lot to learn but this forum has been very helpful.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I honestly didn't expect anything less than this. I'm part of a huge group of people who have owned Tesla's - and fell in love with EV's but didn't fall in love with the piss poor product support Tesla offered me. Unfortunately I couldn't wait for the Mach E to come out since I had to dump my Tesla and bought a Raptor instead LOL.

The biggest mistake on Ford's part is not ramping up production sooner. But they are the first to the dance out of the big auto makers. Good news is every manufacturer is constrained right now with semiconductor shortages, metal shortages, and other raw material supply problems (including and of course batteries). So Ford wont fall behind during this period.

The current outlook for automobile sales is 16 million per year flat for the next 4 years. I think Ford will grow tremendously in that market with their Mach E, Bronco, and F150 hybrid. I only see the stock price going up from here on out as they continue to execute their strategy of re-branding and electrification.

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Most people have completely different requirements. Here in the Florida panhandle, very few chargers, never mind Fast Chargers. Wife and I drove the new MME home 130 miles yesterday one way and I know more than a few people that so that daily round trip. I think once we get over 400 miles a charge, and more EV chargers, it will change alot, but for the long commuter car we still have the 12 Prius. My wife had range anxiety when we got home and the Level 2 40 amp charger is not in until tomorrow so we had to charge it with 110. Car told us it will be fully charged Friday at 10:38 am!?.
I love our MME and my friends Tesla Roadster (very rare) but I'm not going to think any less of those who prefer ICE. They're not bad people because of it either.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Since selling BEVs isn't a zero sum game, Tesla can continue increasing sales and continue to lose market share. And given Tesla's high market share this should be expected as other manufacturers introduce compelling products.

Whether Tesla's stock price accounts for this scenario is a different question.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK