rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
It's gonna be a hit. Almost everyday we drive ours we get looks, thumbs up, even honks to get our attention. I've seen people take selfies with our car when walking back from stores. People roll down their windows to ask about the car in the middle of a stop light. Its crazy how much attention this car is getting.

Wife hates attention so she kinda hates driving on the Mach E in the daylight since eyes are always on us. lol

I was one of the first to get my Model 3 back in early 2018 in my area and while I did get looks and question, not nearly as much as the Mach E.

Last edited:

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
Great to hear but I would hope the MME and other new EVs entering the market would convert new customers away from driving ICE vehicles rather than cannibalizing sales from existing EV brands.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Not surprising, right? And Ford stock is responding favorably as well; huge increase from a year ago.
So glad I bought in when I did. Fords involvement in China and European markets will send the shares up too

Gitboxdre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Expedition EL, 2018 Expedition Limited
Country flag
Great to hear but I would hope the MME and other new EVs entering the market would convert new customers away from driving ICE vehicles rather than cannibalizing sales from existing EV brands.
Early adopters of the Mach E are weighted toward people already comfortable with owning an EV, so this makes sense for the first quarter of sales. But Ford's target market isn't Tesla customers, it's existing Ford customers to start with. Watch what happens through the rest of this year to ICE sales in the segment. Not to mention the Nissan Ariya, VW ID.4, Chevy Bolt EUV. Of course I think the Mach E is likely a better car than these, because I'm a Ford Stan, but they will all play their part through the end of 2021 draining off ICE sales by attracting first time BEV buyers.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Times like this I wish Ford wasn't battery constrained and are able to pump out more Mach-E's!!

Fantastic news, made my morning! :D

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
All your posts are correct. Ford is trying to convert ICE customers to EVs. The conversion is not simple. Some people are terrified of the change. Some have problems dealing with the technology that is in the ICE vehicles today. Others are easily dismissing EVs with worthless assumptions of range, battery life, charging stations and plainly don't know or want to change their daily routines. My experience so far dealing with the people who have approached me to inquire about the vehicle is to explain the experience of Mach E in a way that actually can understand and raise their interest toward owning an EV vehicle like the Mach E.
EVs are not for everyone right now.
The technology in the Mach E is overwhelming to most people. That is the biggest barrier.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
Early adopters of the Mach E are weighted toward people already comfortable with owning an EV, so this makes sense for the first quarter of sales. But Ford's target market isn't Tesla customers, it's existing Ford customers to start with. Watch what happens through the rest of this year to ICE sales in the segment. Not to mention the Nissan Ariya, VW ID.4, Chevy Bolt EUV. Of course I think the Mach E is likely a better car than these, because I'm a Ford Stan, but they will all play their part through the end of 2021 draining off ICE sales by attracting first time BEV buyers.
I would be just that person. I've driven Fords for years and lean mostly towards hybrids already in our home. Wife has a cmax energi, I have a fusion hybrid. This seemed like the logical next step for us. Looking forward to ownership of a "quiet" car.?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford is trying to convert ICE customers to EVs.
I wouldn't quite put it that way. They don't want to canibalize any of their own ICE sales. They just want to sell as many vehicles of BOTH types by trying to offer the best products at the best prices they can.

What they really want is to canibalize sales from all competitors. EV and ICE.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I guess Elon won’t be inviting us to Mars...in the mean time, keep buying the dips.
I don't think Elon is bothered by this, his goal was to make EVs mainstream which he accomplished. I see him significantly reducing his role at Tesla sometime in the not so far future and moving on to SpaceX.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I wouldn't quite put it that way. They don't want to canibalize any of their own ICE sales. They just want to sell as many vehicles of BOTH types by trying to offer the best products at the best prices they can.

What they really want is to canibalize sales from all competitors. EV and ICE.
That is another way to approach this.
Ford knows they have a great EV on their inventory. The Mustang name also created a lot of interest also. I got many thumbs up from people who drove european luxury brands. To much of attention when you moving at highway speeds and they want to check out my Mach E. If the reviews keep coming and that favorable for this vehicle then Ford will ride the popularity of the Mach E to the bank. Myself, I have a great time with my Mach E Mustang. Wonder what the GT will be like.?!?!?!
Sponsored