trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
https://www.motor1.com/news/460966/mustang-mach-e-gt-fascia-china/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will Be Sold In China Only With The GT Trim Face
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E to be sold in China only with GT grille 1608260270683
Dec 17, 2020 2h ago

Customers favor the GT's look over the others.
The Chinese market has its particular quirks, like its love of long-wheelbase models. Automakers tweak their vehicles in hopes of giving them the best chance at success, and Ford is no different. The Mustang Mach-E is going global, taking its electrified four-door crossover body to China.

However, unlike the Mach-Es that will be offered elsewhere, the one sold in China will come with just one face – the one from the Mach-E GT trim.

A "source at Ford" told Motor Trend that the Chinese-market Mustang Mach-E wouldn't come with different front fascias like its European and North American counterparts. Instead, every Mach-E will receive the GT face even if it lacks the GT setup, which looks much more like a traditional Mustang face than Ford's other futuristic takes, which attempt to mimic Tesla's unconventional look. FoMoCo will offer the Mach-E with the same powertrain selection, though they'll just look slightly different.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E to be sold in China only with GT grille 1608260270706

The top-tier offering will be the GT Performance Edition that sacrifices range for power. It makes 480 horsepower (358 kilowatts) and 634 pound-feet (860 Newton-meters) of torque. The horsepower is the same as the GT, though torque increases by 34 lb-ft. The extra oomph is said to propel the crossover to 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) in 3.5 seconds, 0.2 seconds quicker than the standard GT. The car's range decreases from the estimated GT-specific 250 miles (378 km) to 235 (378 km). Ford will offer less powerful versions that provide more range, up to 300 miles (483 km).

Deliveries won't begin until late next summer, though the car is continuing to make waves. Today, the North American Car and Truck of the Year jury selected the Mach-E as a finalist in the Utility Vehicle category, competing against two luxury contenders – the Land Rover Defender and the Genesis GV80. Neither of them are EVs.

Wasn't there some guy here that told me I didn't know what I was talking about mache being sold to china or the demand being crazy high? Some people know. Great news for the demand for the mache.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
i reserved the GT for this specific reason, and now the people in China have once again one--upped me. I had to spend an extra $10k to get my grille and vents/ducts. LOL :)
And a bigger front motor... don’t forget that bigger front motor!

China are getting a sheep in wolfs clothing... you’re just getting the whole big, bad wolf... and I’m quite envious. We can’t even order them in the UK ?

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
And a bigger front motor... don’t forget that bigger front motor!

China are getting a sheep in wolfs clothing... you’re just getting the whole big, bad wolf... and I’m quite envious. We can’t even order them in the UK ?
fair enough - I forgot about the important stuff and focused on appearances again :cool:

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
I wonder if you can take the front fascia off and swap it....

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I wonder if you can take the front fascia off and swap it....
I wondered that too. Hopefully once the GT is released, you’d be able to order it as a part via your dealership.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if the MMEs that will be sold into the Chinese market (for MY2022, I assume) will be made in Mexico, or in China? I know China imports relatively few vehicles for sale there, and usually demands they be build in China in partnership with a Chinese company.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
I wonder if the MMEs that will be sold into the Chinese market (for MY2022, I assume) will be made in Mexico, or in China? I know China imports relatively few vehicles for sale there, and usually demands they be build in China in partnership with a Chinese company.
The cars for China will all be built there according to multiple articles. From MotorTrend "With the Chinese market Mach-E getting its own domestic production line, building its own slightly-modified version of the electric SUV is less of a challenge than asking the global production line in Mexico to do the same."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-ev-chinese-market-details/

Chinese-Market Ford Mustang Mach-E Goes All-In With a Single Front-End Design
The American-market Mach-E gets more design variety by a nose—or two.

Christian Seabaugh Author
Dec 17, 2020

Arguably the most important new global product for the Blue Oval is the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E electric SUV. Not only is this the first use of the Mustang name on an electric vehicle (not to mention four-door, or SUV), but it's Ford's first new global electric vehicle since the afterthought compliance vehicle that was the Focus Electric. In other words, this is one new vehicle Ford can't afford to screw up here or anywhere, really. Ford is therefore making one small change to the Mustang Mach-E to suit local tastes in the Chinese market—currently the largest EV market in the world.

That change is to the front fascia of the Chinese-market Mustang Mach-E—essentially the Mach-E's face. While North American and European Mustang Mach-Es (both sourced from Ford's Cuautitlán Izcalli Mexico plant) will be available with a handful of different fascia designs—from the grille-less look on the Mach-E Select, and Premium, the aero-friendly California Route 1, and the more traditional grille-faced Mach-E GT—a source at Ford tells us that China will get only the GT bumper and grille arrangement.

It turns out that when speaking with prospective Chinese Mustang Mach-E buyers, most vastly preferred the look of the Mach-E GT. That performance variant features a grille-like graphic that pays homage to the gas-powered Mustang GT coupe and convertible, while other Mach-Es get a more futuristic, Tesla-like grille-less look. With the Chinese market Mach-E getting its own domestic production line, building its own slightly-modified version of the electric SUV is less of a challenge than asking the global production line in Mexico to do the same.

Despite having just a single front-fascia option at launch, the Chinese-market Mustang Mach-E is expected to have the same variety of motor and battery options as North American and European variants, offering rear- and all-wheel drive with as little as 266-hp and as much as 480, and battery packs offering up to 300 miles of range on the EPA cycle. In the U.S., the 2021 Mustang Mach-E is expected to hit dealers by New Year's Eve; global sales will soon follow.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I wondered that too. Hopefully once the GT is released, you’d be able to order it as a part via your dealership.
Likely you’ll be able to buy it off ebay without the Pony logo for a fraction of the Ford price. Expect 2-3 weeks for delivery from Guangzhou ?