eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
This is great news for Ford EV owners, but I can’t imagine why Tesla would want to do this. The biggest reason people buy a Tesla over a Mach-E, which is what I did 2 years ago, is solely based on the superior supercharger network. Eliminating that would’ve made the Mach-E a no brainer for me a few years ago.

The only answer would be Ford paid Tesla a ton of money to have access, which will obviously be pushed to Ford owners. Alternatively, Ford EV drivers could just pay more to change than Tesla drivers.

Either way, being a current Tesla owner and a month or so away from moving to a Mach-E owner, I’m thrilled.

I’m sure the Tesla drivers I’m leaving behind wont feel the same way.
Sponsored

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Tesla is doing this because they want to be the standard and no one was buying in on that. They are hoping that this shifts the standard to their connector. Ford wins with the huge increase in charging for both existing and future. I wonder how much the adapter will cost.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Cost per kWh, $42,391.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Everyone on this forum always complains about CCS fast charging and says "superchargers are flawless".

Elon and Jim announce a partnership and some of those same people cry because they are intolerant to others ideals.

Quite sad that they can't be happy for the advancement of EV tech.
As long as it is not at the exclusion of one type of tech. I think this move is fine as long as those 2025 Ford customers also have access to the CCS network, whether its via an adapter or some other method that Ford comes up with. You don't have to use the CCS network, but the more options the customer has is always a good thing.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
There will be a 12 inch by 24 inch charging port door, with 3 different adapters and a 6 question FordPass process to pick the right one.
ONLY if it flips out the side of the car and can inflict door dings! And can be trigged to open from FP only if using PaaK and geofenced NOT to work at home.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I hope they come out with a retrofit kit so I can eventually replace my current ports with NACS.
That's the plan for next year, we'll be getting MagicDock like connectors it seems like that we can take around. 2025 they will be built in standard

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the Ford new vehicles are only equipped with brand t ports, I'll definitely not be purchasing a next-gen Ford EV. If they come with both or an option of one or the other, that would be fine. But I have zero interest in my money going in that direction.
I do not see them getting rid of CCS, the NACS is small enough to not make the port too crowded. Getting rid of CCS would be a huge step backwards.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Do Teslas have an integrated DC and AC charge port? In other words, might this also affect the L2 chargers we have at home in terms of compatibility?
This is a good question.

Reactions: ARK

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
As long as it is not at the exclusion of one type of tech. I think this move is fine as long as those 2025 Ford customers also have access to the CCS network, whether its via an adapter or some other method that Ford comes up with. You don't have to use the CCS network, but the more options the customer has is always a good thing.
The adapter is already available and Jim said in the interview that the new vehicles would be able to use existing chargers.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know, I can't find it right now but I asked in one of the MagicDock threads why we can't just buy our own and everyone had all sorts of excuses why that wouldn't work lol. I guess I was right all along... 😂 👀
Sponsored