Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So I take it many people will do this swap .. and I would like to know the part number of the Mach E GT front bumper the moment it’s available (if not already)

Will you do this mod.?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
So I take it many people will do this swap .. and I would like to know the part number of the Mach E GT from bumper the moment it’s available (if not already)

Will you do this mod.?
I can only imagine how expensive that part would be but I would love to be able to do it.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Id wait for aftermarket. The big issue though might be any sensor/camera swaps that might need to be done. One thing id like to see is a fog light kit with a nice bumper swap.

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Id wait for aftermarket. The big issue though might be any sensor/camera swaps that might need to be done. One thing id like to see is a fog light kit with a nice bumper swap.
man I forgot about that .. agree two nice lower fog lights ... I wonder why none was designed?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
So I take it many people will do this swap .. and I would like to know the part number of the Mach E GT front bumper the moment it’s available (if not already)

Will you do this mod.?
I wonder if you'll be able to keep the bumper and just swap the rest of it for GT parts? that's a reasonable expectation, right? (*)

(*) no, it's not

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I can only imagine how expensive that part would be but I would love to be able to do it.
I would assume it would cost around $2000-2500 to have it done with OEM parts at a good body shop with a good quality paint job. That is assuming the parts are easily swapped and the cameras/sensors don't have to be modified to fit.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I would assume it would cost around $2000-2500 to have it done with OEM parts at a good body shop with a good quality paint job. That is assuming the parts are easily swapped and the cameras/sensors don't have to be modified to fit.
I don't know about this case but for some cars, the bumpers can be purchased pre-painted. I've done that for myself on a previous vehicle when I replaced a damaged bumper with a pre-painted matching bumper (it was actually super easy to do but there were no sensors or anything).

OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Nah, not really a fan of fake grills.
I think if the GT front bumper is painted the same color in the center design accent area it would look real good too.. I like the aggressive look..

to me it’s all styling I don’t see it as a fake grille as it’s not design like one and I do NOT like the look of EV without some type of front styling..

my model 3 front bumper looks like a duckbill in the front truly don’t wish that poor design on any EV ..

Reactions: ZSR
OP
OP
Electric Fusion

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't know about this case but for some cars, the bumpers can be purchased pre-painted. I've done that for myself on a previous vehicle when I replaced a damaged bumper with a pre-painted matching bumper (it was actually super easy to do but there were no sensors or anything).
Correct . I did the same before as well it was actually cheaper getting it preprinted then getting the replacement bumper then getting it painted and hoping the shop matches the color .. another reason I always like Ford products.. the part support is second to none you can buy just about anything lol .

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dont forget, this car is much more complicated due to the mechanical flaps that open up

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Probably be a better deal to have someone professionally wrap the "grill " area with a carbon fiber look wrap or something to that effect. ?
Sponsored