Mach-E Towing Hitch Option-who is going to be the first to offer this?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Now that we're nearing delivery, it's time to get the two main hitch companies on board.

Stealth Hitches in Sugar Hill, GA will give the first person to bring in a Mach E a hitch for free.
https://stealthhitches.com/pages/get-a-free-hitch-for-your-vehicle

I've discussed this with Torklift in Kent, WA and they made the same offer:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-towing-hitch-option-now-available.275/
Interesting, I'm only 1.5 hours away from Sugar Hill, GA. But I don't really think I have the need for a hitch on my car.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I can't find it now, but someone posted a picture from the European MME which shows their bracket and hitch assembly. If we have that same mounting point stamped in, an aftermarket hitch could be a lot cheaper/simpler.

Nevermind... I found it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Towing Hitch Option-who is going to be the first to offer this? hitch mount

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
A bit of a false alarm on this thread. The hitch is not available, or even designed. I tried to order one and all you get is a place to leave your email. The link is basically a show of interest to see if it's worth the company's time to try and design a receiver. They've not seen the Mach-e and really have no idea if it will even be possible. They're pretty confident that it will be possible, but this confidence doesn't really seem based on anything. Anyways, that's the info I was given.
This makes sense. I was wondering how could they have even tested the three configs without a real MME.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
They also want your car for 5 days. :( No love for southern california yet.
Torklift called me 2-3 weeks ago about this. They do indeed want the car for several days to do it. I told them I would give them a call when my MME gets here. I live about 20 minutes away from their Kent location. If I do that I want to get the PPF on it before taking it to them. I'm considering buying a RAD Power bike this spring, so a hitch and carrier would be a good idea.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
.... does not actually exist yet. They are taking emails/numbers to let you know when and if they go into production for the MME
Read the post above yours. I spoke with Forklift on the phone as well. They are just awaiting someone to bring the first Mach E in so they can measure it and figure out what and how to install it. They will also make installation videos with the first car. That's why they need it for a few days.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received this email today:

Ford Mach-E EcoHitch

Hello Barry,
Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to let you know that the EcoHitch for the Ford Mach-E is now available for presale at www.torkliftcentral.com. You had expressed interest in this product so we wanted to reach out. I hope you have a great weekend!

Jasmyne Faborito
Customer Support and Sales
Torklift
800-246-8132

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
You guys are funny. They can't make one of these until I get my MME in April and bring it down there so they can make a prototype. They are about 7 miles from me.