Mach-E Towing Hitch Option-who is going to be the first to offer this?

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
You guys are funny. They can't make one of these until I get my MME in April and bring it down there so they can make a prototype. They are about 7 miles from me.
Whats taking you so long? Get on your little horse and take her over for the greater good ?
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I received this email today:

Ford Mach-E EcoHitch

Hello Barry,
Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to let you know that the EcoHitch for the Ford Mach-E is now available for presale at www.torkliftcentral.com. You had expressed interest in this product so we wanted to reach out. I hope you have a great weekend!

Jasmyne Faborito
Customer Support and Sales
Torklift
800-246-8132
this is exciting indeed.... I'm thinking the trick may be finding a local installer as it is likely to require a couple hours labor to remove, trim cover/diffuser, and replace bumper cover and rear diffuser.

I'll be very interest to see how the designed, and where they decided to attach.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
this is exciting indeed.... I'm thinking the trick may be finding a local installer as it is likely to require a couple hours labor to remove, trim cover/diffuser, and replace bumper cover and rear diffuser.

I'll be very interest to see how the designed, and where they decided to attach.
They’re website has a dealer/installer location function. I was able to find one within 10 miles of my home.

Yes, it’ll be interesting to see how they attach. It appears there will be an option for a 1.25“ or 2” receiver.

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
They’re website as a dealer/installer location function. I was able to find one within 10 miles of my home.

Yes, it’ll be interesting to see how they attach. It appears there will be an option for a 1.25“ or 2” receiver.
I am SUPER interested!
Are you ordering/installing asap?

I will probably take this on as a self-install... so I am super interested to see design/installed solution!

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am SUPER interested!
Are you ordering/installing asap?

I will probably take this on as a self-install... so I am super interested to see design/installed solution!
My MME won’t be delivered until June or July. I’m hoping a hitch will be available this summer for my Kuat bike rack.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My MME won’t be delivered until June or July. I’m hoping a hitch will be available this summer for my Kuat bike rack.
that is a nice rack.... I have a 1up I really like...
I'm keeping close tabs on this thread hoping to see an actual install soon; but I'll probably get frustrated with the wait and DIY a hitch install myself

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
Damn, this kinda expensive. Paid $140 for my hitch on my Subaru. Hopefully someone will come out with something more affordable. I don't tow anything; just want to carry a bike rack.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Damn, this kinda expensive. Paid $140 for my hitch on my Subaru. Hopefully someone will come out with something more affordable. I don't tow anything; just want to carry a bike rack.
I think a hitch should cost less than $200.... its the install labor that's going to be expensive on this one with the time required to remove, trim, and re-install rear bumper cover and rear diffuser.

unless I see a 3rd party solution more reasonable.... I may pull the bumper cover myself, and see if one of these will bolt-up to the bottom of the internal bumper..

https://www.harborfreight.com/3500-lb-step-bumper-receiver-69673.html
for $20

Last edited:

JesterZ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E someday maybe
Country flag
i'm also definitely gonna watch this to see how the torklift option works out for people. This lack of hitch option is still a deal-breaker for me.
From the picture on the website, I don't see how it wouldn't affect the ground clearance - that's another concern for me, as I'm holding out for the GT model.

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Agreed. However, too many people seem to be planning to tow with the Mach-e even if Ford does not rate it for towing. That's foolish, short-sighted and dangerous. If you can safely tow with the Mach-e, Ford will rate it to tow. It would be foolish of them to give up a selling point for no reason. If you're in an accident while towing with a car not rated for towing, you could be in some deep doo-doo. Many/most insurance policies specifically do not cover you for doing such a thing. Tow if you're not rated to and you likely are driving uninsured. People have lost everything they own doing stupid things like that, as well as killing and injuring innocent bystanders. If Ford rates it to tow, great. If not--don't. Yes, I know it looks to be rated to tow in Europe--1650 pounds only with trailer brakes. You're going to be hard pressed to find a light duty trailer in the US that has trailer brakes.

I'm not saying Ford won't rate it to tow. Maybe they will. I'm not saying Ford will rate it to tow; maybe they won't. I'm saying if Ford doesn't rate it to tow then don't be an idiot and tow with it anyway. And don't be an even bigger idiot and exceed it's tow capacity if it is rated to tow.

Just saying.
Annnnnnd, if you're curious - the Owner's Manual has a short and sweet snippet on Towing:

2021-03-08.png

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Torklift told me they do have a vehicle all ready for testing. Who is it?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Annnnnnd, if you're curious - the Owner's Manual has a short and sweet snippet on Towing:
I am not worried about exceeding towing capacity with my bike rack, but I do want a hitch receiver rack rather than something attached to my rear window glass or perched on the roof.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Torklift told me they do have a vehicle all ready for testing. Who is it?
I dunno, but I sure would like to see their install, and the installation procedure!