Status
Not open for further replies.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
5.1 sec 0-60 with the base model and 3.3 sec with the Turbo.
Higher BHP and Torque on the base model vs the MME Premium and yet slower to 60 - must be a heavy baby. It does look gooooood though!

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
5.1 sec 0-60 with the base model and 3.3 sec with the Turbo.
Higher BHP and Torque on the base model vs the MME Premium and yet slower to 60 - must be a heavy baby. It does look gooooood though!
To be clear, those are the 0-100 kph times (0-62 mph), so the 0-60 will be slightly faster.

Porsche also tends to be conservative. I wouldn’t be surprised if testing reveals 2.9 0-60.

I like the power numbers! Higher than expected!

“with a maximum output of 630bhp and 834lb ft of torque.”

You are gonna feel that torque number, good golly!

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be clear, those are the 0-100 kph times (0-62 mph), so the 0-60 will be slightly faster.

Porsche also tends to be conservative. I wouldn’t be surprised if testing reveals 2.9 0-60.

I like the power numbers! Higher than expected!

“with a maximum output of 630bhp and 834lb ft of torque.”

You are gonna feel that torque number, good golly!
Thanks for clarifying!
Still a bit disappointed by the base numbers. The Turbo on the other hand is going to be a blast!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The car looks awesome in every respect except range. And I am afraid nobody is going to offer significantly more range until battery technology improves.

The bottom line is battery capacity = range. 100 kWh isn't going to even get close to 350 miles at highway speeds. The MME has 91 kWh usable, and assuming 100 kWh is usable, it isn't a big increase. And not enough for me. If they could put 130 kWh in there I would really perk up.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The car looks awesome in every respect except range. And I am afraid nobody is going to offer significantly more range until battery technology improves.

The bottom line is battery capacity = range. 100 kWh isn't going to even get close to 350 miles at highway speeds. The MME has 91 kWh usable, and assuming 100 kWh is usable, it isn't a big increase. And not enough for me. If they could put 130 kWh in there I would really perk up.
Interesting. I would actually go the opposite direction.

If you could get a smaller/lighter 75 kWh battery for less money (but still get all the horsepower) that would interest me more.

Then again, in 2 years, I have only been below 50% charge once. So more performance for less money is more interesting to me than a huge heavy expensive battery

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

First test shows 320 miles on the base model at 70mph for most of the trip (I believe right around 63mph average). It's not 350 for sure, but it's also more than any MME at that speed.

The lower drag coefficient definitely helps with that - but to your point, significantly higher range numbers will probably require new tech.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I would actually go the opposite direction.

If you could get a smaller/lighter 75 kWh battery for less money (but still get all the horsepower) that would interest me more.

Then again, in 2 years, I have only been below 50% charge once. So more performance for less money is more interesting to me than a huge heavy expensive battery
Maybe take a look at the Smart Brabus - it's pretty fast and powerful, with a pretty small battery.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
First test shows 320 miles on the base model at 70mph for most of the trip (I believe right around 63mph average). It's not 350 for sure, but it's also more than any MME at that speed.

The lower drag coefficient definitely helps with that - but to your point, significantly higher range numbers will probably require new tech.
I do belive the Macan will have a more efficient drive train compared with the MME, as it was designed and manufactured years after the MME. However, I am skeptical the range is as good as prototype testing has shown. Time will tell. Maybe they did some aero magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.