Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
“Ugly” is just personal preference. But no one was judging you for that.

It was this comment you made that’s the head scratcher; “To be honest, it was a generic European luxury SUV interior. Nothing struck me as very unique or distinctive.”

It’s not exactly a compliment.

I’m not saying you should buy one, but you may want to sit in a newer one to revise your perspective on their interiors.

Give credit where credit is due.
Ok, to be fair, I haven’t been in a MY23 or later Porsche (as I said, I’m not their demographic). The most recent MY European luxury vehicle I’ve been in was a MB EQS when they roped me in for a test drive. Ignoring the display and driving bits associated with it being an EV, the interior was very nice and I’m sure that it would appeal to many of my neighbors. If the Porsche interiors are comparable, then I’m sure they’re very nice too. Again, neither really appeal to me 🤷‍♂️ I’m not their demographic though. I have lots of neighbors who ARE their demographic so they can all fight over my neighbors (like the woman at the car wash who was whining that it took Porsche 4 months to build her 4 door Porsche because everything had to be blacked out so she was stuck driving her Audi longer than she wanted when she wasn’t driving her Gimli? Good grief this lady wanted to drop the name of every expensive car she could think of 🙄)
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I have always like the Macan and seriously interested in one. If they are not coming out with an EV version I probably would have bought an ICE version already. I am also thinking about the EQE and Q6.
Same here - almost got a 4cyl Macan when they released them to drop the price point from the previous 6cyl.

Drives super grippy, very tight, and sporty to say the least.

But the wife wants the BMW iX and I am going get stuck with her incoming MME......

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'm sure that it will be a great car that I will never be able to afford (or like the styling). And what's with those pretend exhaust ports on the back?
Those were probably put on to disguise its EV-ness during stealthy road testing. {Jonathan}

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
“Ugly” is just personal preference. But no one was judging you for that.

It was this comment you made that’s the head scratcher; “To be honest, it was a generic European luxury SUV interior. Nothing struck me as very unique or distinctive.”

It’s not exactly a compliment.

I’m not saying you should buy one, but you may want to sit in a newer one to revise your perspective on their interiors.

Give credit where credit is due.
I have had and do have Porsche and for the most part BMW or Porsche interior is ok but nothing great.

what I do recommend is to drive a Macan or a 911 and then tell me it’s nothing special. I know it’s not for everyone but they do handle a level above most other cars.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have had and do have Porsche and for the most part BMW or Porsche interior is ok but nothing great.

what I do recommend is to drive a Macan or a 911 and then tell me it’s nothing special. I know it’s not for everyone but they do handle a level above most other cars.
Just curious. So this is the Cayenne interior of my neighbors car:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2024 Porsche Macan EV - design, specs, price 9BEED212-E901-4F26-9AF6-C53736D6490D

If this is only “ok” to you, what do you consider to be a “great” interior?

Maybe my tastes aren’t as sophisticated as some people here, (coming from Chevy, Lincoln, Ford and Infinity ownership), but I’m definitely impressed by their interior.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just curious. So this is the Cayenne interior of my neighbors car:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. 2024 Porsche Macan EV - design, specs, price 9BEED212-E901-4F26-9AF6-C53736D6490D

If this is only “ok” to you, what do you consider to be a “great” interior?

Maybe my tastes aren’t as sophisticated as some people here, (coming from Chevy, Lincoln, Ford and Infinity ownership), but I’m definitely impressed by their interior.
This one looks like it has an all leather material, mine doesn’t (just all black and only seats leather) so they look more “pedestrian “

if the Porsche is loaded with all their extras yes it does have a feel of luxury. I don’t prefer to spend money in that area but a lot of people do. if I had the car with me I would send you a picture of it and you could decide.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This one looks like it has an all leather material, mine doesn’t (just all black and only seats leather) so they look more “pedestrian “

if the Porsche is loaded with all their extras yes it does have a feel of luxury. I don’t prefer to spend money in that area but a lot of people do. if I had the car with me I would send you a picture of it and you could decide.
Could also be model specific. The Cayenne seems to have leaned more towards the luxury scale.

I remember not too long ago German cars would only have cup holders as an afterthought add on.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Could also be model specific. The Cayenne seems to have leaned more towards the luxury scale.

I remember not too long ago German cars would only have cup holders as an afterthought add on.
I believe All Porsches now can be upfitted, there is no end to how much you can spend, they will paint to match your color, whatever color that is, various levels of leather

you have the money, they are willing to take it.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
I have always liked Porsche, but never owned one. I have tried configuring them to my taste on the Porsche web site, which is next level compared to what you can do with Ford and other car manufacturers. The problem is, as others have noted, every little option you add increases the price significantly. And when I compare my final specification it to the competition, it becomes hard for me to justify getting one. It isn't just me buying it, I need to get my wife to agree. :oops:

I notice cars as I drive. And I always notice a Porsche. A few months ago I saw a Boxer coming the other way on a rough city street. There were two people in the car: a woman driving, and a man, both dressed in suits. She hit a bump and it looked like the two of them hit their heads on the ceiling of the car. I cracked up, it was so hilarious.

I have NEVER had that happen in my MME, which we all complain about being bouncy. Maybe that Boxer didn't have an active suspension, because it was bouncing like crazy.
My Macan rode 10x better then my MME GT.

Sligolad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 4x, Macan S
Country flag
No comparison. Porsche, there is no substitute. 😎
I totally agree. I’ve a Macan S, and my wife has the Mach E 4X. The Macan is light years ahead in handling and performance. I like the idea of the Macan EV, but I’ll probably get a Macan GTS before they end-of-life the ICE version. BTW, I like the Porsche look. So many manufacturers have copied the rear profile. The Genesis GV 70 comes to mind.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Disappointing if true!

" Dashboard shows just 145 miles with 80 percent change remaining"

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/04/2...auge-pack-shows-disappointing-electric-range/
Hopeful there are good reason why.

the back looks like a Lincoln SUV

I hope I end up liking the looks in person and the range is around 300 as it might be the car I get. Of course price could be an issue, it is a Porsche and add ons ready add up.

but if it drives anything like my Macan S did it will be a winner.

Another year and change to go, I think I would wait until the end of the first model year for them to get the kinks out, although it’s been delayed so long it should work out of the gate.

on the other hand, I am not getting any younger and waiting just means I get less enjoyment from driving it .

decisions, decisions

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Leapfrog.

Unless it leapfrogs the MME, meh, it isn't for me. And by leapfrog I don't mean a car that has the same range but a nicer interior or a better ride ride quality. I mean it needs to be significantly better specifically in highway range. Otherwise it is just a variation on what already exists and what I have been driving for well over a year now.

Ford should get tons of credit as everyone else is taking years to produce a vehicle that is competitive with my MME. Nothing so far is significantly better, except vehicles that cost twice as much or more. As I have posted before, Ford knocked it out of the park. All the cars since have been singles or doubles. Meh.

Now if this car gets 400 miles of range on the highway? Totally different story. I'm upgrading!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like more range but don’t need it, really because I am retired. If I wasn’t I def would want more range.

I would think and of course it’s just a guess that handling would be way better. To me that’s a leapfrog. I don’t expect great “electronics” or “gizmos” from Porsche. They concentrate on speed and handling but I hope what they do have works.

I am not familiar with what they have used on the Taycan nor have seen what issue that car has had.

the Macan will more money yes, but maybe not much more than the GTPE. I think somewhere mid 80’s without going crazy on options.

Ford does get credit for getting their car out the door but maybe they should have waited a bit and tested out the car more instead of making 1st adopters Guinea pigs. I know, it happens to all manufacturers but I have had several 1st year cars and haven’t had any issues, the Macan being one of them.

Fun time in the car industry

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I'm hoping it's just prototype optimization issues, but I wonder how much can they possibly improve it in the final version?

I agree that Ford did an exceptional job on their first EV SUV.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.