OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Edit: 10% to 80% in 39 minutes for the Mach-E.

First try errored out at 29% and 9 minutes.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Screenshot_20210206-100939

Start of second session at 29%.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Screenshot_20210206-100836

End of second try at 34%.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Screenshot_20210206-102322

End of third try finishing 34% to 80% in 28 minutes.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Screenshot_20210206-100401

Last edited:

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Car manic is a guy named Chris. He is in Germany a well known EV-expert. He will start a road show on the next weeks.

And one of the most important things he'll start to test is charging, driving and charging on German Autobahn combined with the assistances of the MME. You must know, that this are other circumstances as they are in the states. We in Germany have have several charging solutions according to HPCs. That will be a real hard test!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Car manic is a guy named Chris. He is in Germany a well known EV-expert. He will start a road show on the next weeks.

And one of the most important things he'll start to test is charging, driving and charging on German Autobahn combined with the assistances of the MME. You must know, that this are other circumstances as they are in the states. We in Germany have have several charging solutions according to HPCs. That will be a real hard test!
Danke

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Why is he so angry? Why does the Audi have duct tape all over it? I don’t speak German, but he’s clearly not happy about something.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
With this particular charge test, he was able to get 50 kilowatt hours into the vehicle in 29 minutes. Depending on efficiency of 2.5-3.1 kW / mile you're looking at 125 - 150 miles of freeway range gained in half an hour. Combine that with 225-250 miles of initial range at 100% and you can get a fair way down the road with only a single stop.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

thank you for telling us

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why is he so angry? Why does the Audi have duct tape all over it? I don’t speak German, but he’s clearly not happy about something.
I did not find him angry, young and a bit street smart maybe? It appears that the wallpaper (duct tape) is a thing? The BMW that turned around in the charging lot had wallpaper on the bumper. Not a Canadian thing yet. Panel vans maybe the closes it got.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Capture.PNG

I had no option for closed captions on the youtube site. Not much knew the MME is a bit erratic and the 80% cliff is what I got just watching. Would be better if I knew what he said. Hope Ford breaks in the mustang.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
well, can anyone tell me what he thought of the two different ones? what did he think of the charging on each? thank you

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
well, can anyone tell me what he thought of the two different ones? what did he think of the charging on each? thank you
He was very impressed by the MME overall, no match for the Etron in the charging session but no car is, except Taycan (115.000 euro Etron vs 67.000 euro MME)

The MME went from 6% to 80% in 40 minutes, better than Ford promised, the first interruption was because they shared 1 stall, the second interruption was unclear but could be restarted quick.

He will be doing road trips of 900KM soon.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Well, I can help you. As you mentioned Ionity is very often presented as THE NO. 1 CHARGING SOLUTION COMPANY in Europe.

B U T... Ionity increased their prices dramatically. Charging with Ionity means to pay 79 Euro cent per kWh in Germany. An this guy had a open fight with the CEO of Ionity. Ionity is an assembly of many auto builder. Ford is one of them.

Another reason he was angry was, that the loading process was interrupted several times by the mustang itself. There is another German video, where two reports drove from castle Neuschwanstein in South Germany to Flensburg North Germany. They stopped at each charging station what was on their trip. Nearly 30% of the stops were interrupted. FORD will have a big task to do while solving these problems. It's one story to develop, to create and to build such a car. But charging is a rather new mission isn't it? ?

(sorry for my English. I'll do my very best while giving you informations. I promise you. Greetings from Germany)

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
@I.Adams "Another reason he was angry was, that the loading process was interrupted several times by the mustang itself."

I have watched the whole video and the mustang interrupted the second session ONCE...(most people who now drive EV will recognise this happens, i have had several, now less)

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Here is another interesting video....(no EV charges slower!)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs. Audi e-tron: who charges faster? Real world test Schermafbeelding 2021-02-07 om 11.11.40

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Well, I can help you. As you mentioned Ionity is very often presented as THE NO. 1 CHARGING SOLUTION COMPANY in Europe.

B U T... Ionity increased their prices dramatically. Charging with Ionity means to pay 79 Euro cent per kWh in Germany. An this guy had a open fight with the CEO of Ionity. Ionity is an assembly of many auto builder. Ford is one of them.

Another reason he was angry was, that the loading process was interrupted several times by the mustang itself. There is another German video, where two reports drove from castle Neuschwanstein in South Germany to Flensburg North Germany. They stopped at each charging station what was on their trip. Nearly 30% of the stops were interrupted. FORD will have a big task to do while solving these problems. It's one story to develop, to create and to build such a car. But charging is a rather new mission isn't it? ?

(sorry for my English. I'll do my very best while giving you informations. I promise you. Greetings from Germany)
Thank you! Your English is fine.
Sponsored