Mach-E vs. ID.4 GTX

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Details are still scarce, but VW plans to introduce a more performance oriented spec version of the ID.4, and presumably the Audi Q4 too. Would solve the underpowered issues, but this version needs to be here today, not next year. Still slower than every single version of the Mach-E, lol.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36153308/volkswagen-id-4-gtx-teaser/
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/rakish-id-5-and-hot-id-4-gtx-spearhead-vw-push
0-60 in 6.2? Even a CA Route 1 could hold its own against this performance version of the ID.4. The only win for the ID.4 is turning radius.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Details are still scarce, but VW plans to introduce a more performance oriented spec version of the ID.4, and presumably the Audi Q4 too. Would solve the underpowered issues, but this version needs to be here today, not next year. Still slower than every single version of the Mach-E, lol.
Considering that VWoA won't be delivering regular AWD ID4s until at least October, and VW has only confirmed the GTX for Europe, I'm doubtful we'll see this in the US even for the 2022 model year.

0-60 in 6.2? Even a CA Route 1 could hold its own against this performance version of the ID.4. The only win for the ID.4 is turning radius.
Possibly also a better tuned suspension and gripper tires for more fun in the twisties. But we'll see.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Now here’s actually a reasonable competitor to the Mach-E, will be interesting to see how they compare if Volkswagen ever brings it over. Of course by the time VW does, the Mach-E might be nearing a mid-cycle refresh if this is really years away.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Curious to see this one, at 0-60 in 6 sec or so it's not slow but certainly not as quick as many other competitors. If it's priced like the AWD ID.4 though it will be hugely cheaper, especially after this recent MME price increase

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Debut info here. Yawn, specs still pale compared to Mach-E.

- Dual motor ID.4, 295 hp with AWD
- 0-60 in 6.2 seconds
- 82 kWh battery
- lowered body

https://insideevs.com/news/503979/volkswagen-id-4-gtx-electric/
This was never going to be a true performance derivative and more a cosmetic one we plus we pretty much already new the performance specs from the sister q4 e-tron awd announced earlier. Will probably have to wait for an R version from the vw camp or equivalent s model from Audi till we see a true performance derivative on the MEB platform.

Between all the MEB vehicles shown so far, the q4 is by far my favorite, looks are of course very subjective but Audi have really gone in with giving prominent arches creases of late that really ape the UR quattro :) , plus the interior of the Audi gets massive plus points for sticking with physical HVAC controls, and rear interior ambient lighting lol

Will be interesting to see what ford do with the MEB platform which they have signed up to use and see which direction they go in compared to the all VW group versions shown so far.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This was never going to be a true performance derivative and more a cosmetic one we plus we pretty much already new the performance specs from the sister q4 e-tron awd announced earlier. Will probably have to wait for an R version from the vw camp or equivalent s model from Audi till we see a true performance derivative on the MEB platform.

Between all the MEB vehicles shown so far, the q4 is by far my favorite, looks are of course very subjective but Audi have really gone in with giving prominent arches creases of late that really ape the UR quattro :) , plus the interior of the Audi gets massive plus points for sticking with physical HVAC controls, and rear interior ambient lighting lol

Will be interesting to see what ford do with the MEB platform which they have signed up to use and see which direction they go in compared to the all VW group versions shown so far.
I agree, Q4 is my favorite too, but VW/Audi really needs to step up their game. The slow charging, slow acceleration, and lower range (relative to Mach-E, Model y) really need to be improved. Would love to get a Q4 but its disappointing specs are pushing me towards a Mach E.

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
That had to be the most snooze launch ever, with even less details than usual.

I guess for all of 2021 it still remains Tesla vs MME if you want something AWD and decently fast

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I agree, Q4 is my favorite too, but VW/Audi really needs to step up their game. The slow charging, slow acceleration, and lower range (relative to Mach-E, Model y) really need to be improved. Would love to get a Q4 but its disappointing specs are pushing me towards a Mach E.
VW certainly seems to have gone down a more conservative route on the performance front, I think the range is not too bad in relation to the mach-e based on the actual battery size but defiantly could be better, and looking at the various videos online while it won't win on the a peak number the charge curve is far better than what we currently get on the mach-e especially if you need to actually road trip one and stretch past 80%
Sponsored