sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The stock LR Y does 4.8 (4.6 by some measurements) in the 0-60. The acceleration boost package, if purchased, brings that down to 4.1 $2,000 purchase. So it's not equal if it has that upgrade.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
0 to 60 no it does not get slaughtered, 60 to 100 is where the model y pulls away. which it should model y has a lot less weight. Both are listed 0 to 60 in 4.8.

yes, you can get the upgrade for the model y for 2,000 to knock down the 0 to 60 time to 4.3 seconds.

Ford has a big buffer and if they want they could tweak the maches 0 to 60 time also very easy.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Ford mustang mache AWD EXT vs Model Y long range.

0 to 60 very close, model y starts to walk away between 60 to 100. Overall very good video and shows you its very close. Not like one is way faster than the other. Enjoy.

I love that video. So clean and to the point. I think the Mach-E might benefit from an OTA power upgrade in the future... we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding back a bit for now. :)

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love that video. So clean and to the point. I think the Mach-E might benefit from an OTA power upgrade in the future... we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding back a bit for now. :)
you have one with more range and heavy vs the lighter less range. So pick your poison. Long-range or faster 70 to 100 mph. For most, it's a no-brainer. People should really be happy how close it really is. All the tesla hype of way better in so many aspects of BEV keep getting proven wrong.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford mustang mache AWD EXT vs Model Y long range.

0 to 60 very close, model y starts to walk away between 60 to 100. Overall very good video and shows you its very close. Not like one is way faster than the other. Enjoy.

SO....

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yeah, and in the first run, the model y left first. and the point is? so again cut the difference I already have done this and it's about 1 car length and half right at 70mph.

The mache gets off the line quicker as they pointed out but once it gets right at 60 mph it starts to pull away.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the longer the distance the bigger the gap 100% agree. Hands down model y is faster no question.

But 0 to 60 the times are not much different. Overall I agree with most people everyone thought it was going to be even worse than it was. Weight and range vs faster. Sums it up.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
0 to 60 no it does not get slaughtered, 60 to 100 is where the model y pulls away. which it should model y has a lot less weight. Both are listed 0 to 60 in 4.8.

yes, you can get the upgrade for the model y for 2,000 to knock down the 0 to 60 time to 4.3 seconds.

Ford has a big buffer and if they want they could tweak the maches 0 to 60 time also very easy.
After having driven the MME 4X, I think you're right. There's definitely some wiggle room on the launch. It feels like the initial punch off the line is muted a bit to around 5-8mph before it starts to spool up to 60mph. At that point the horsepower advantage takes over for the Y. That's a fun little show though and it's got me all twitterpated for the GT!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2014

I'm pretty sure we'll see a similar power upgrade available for the Mach E as well.
Like with charging, I think ford is playing safe here and has quite some room for upgrades.
And if not...MME is fast anyway.
I'd rather be second "in style" than first in Elons rolling catfish ?
Sponsored