Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
326 miles my ass. The MME is far from perfect but at least they are fairly realistic about real world range And not promising a fairy tale.

9F9675FE-B2E5-47CC-8BBE-A1F155039A2A.jpeg

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
326 miles my ass. The MME is far from perfect but at least they are fairly realistic about real world range And not promising a fairy tale.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs Model Y Range Test, Alex on Autos 9F9675FE-B2E5-47CC-8BBE-A1F155039A2A
It's because Tesla is not a car company, it's essentially a Silicon Valley tech company and those companies are used to lying and getting away with it.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Wow. Ford has a pessimistic Guess-o-meter. Tesla has a straight up Lie-o-meter.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@AoA, awesome video Alex. Those are some gorgeous roads.

Based on your experience, would these two cars cover the same distance at the same time if multiple charging stops were involved or does the Tesla's charging speed negate the range advantage of the Mach-E?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
So all this time, we have been seeing EPA mileage showing the MY so much better than the Mustang on range. Alex does real world range testing, Mustang goes many miles further on full charge. Edmunds had come to the same conclusion a month or so ago. Advantage Mustang.
Funny to see the Tesla fan boys responding on youtube.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
tl;dr:

MY = 234
MME = 268

with caveats, disclaimers, etc.
One of the caveats hit at over and over is the heat pump issue. Bjorn did a video and concluded it might extend a Tesla's range by 5 to 10%. Consider the Mach-E "won" by more than 10% here, it would seem that the Tesla would need more than a heat pump to win in a cold weather test.

NOTE: I know it would be way more complicated than that. The only real way of testing would be to run the test again in cold weather. But I still don't believe that the heat pump is the only answer to cold weather range.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
tl;dr:

MY = 234
MME = 268

with caveats, disclaimers, etc.
I have watched enough Model Y road trip videos to know that the real-world highway range is nowhere near 326. But I'm genuinely surprised, based on this video, how close the MME comes to the EPA estimate, considering how many highway miles were involved.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Wow. Ford has a pessimistic Guess-o-meter. Tesla has a straight up Lie-o-meter.
Ford's uses your actual driving history and temperature.

Tesla's uses EPA efficiency at all times.

There's a reason you hear Tesla owners turn it off altogether and go to % only.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Plus zero percent is not empty on the Mach-E, if it has 88kWhs. I tried to run my demo MME down to zero but they didn't allow me enough time. Maybe they knew my plan.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Who knows the veracity of random YouTube comments, but I saw this and it made me say hmmm

Alan H.

1 hour ago
Alex one note of clarification: both cars actually do the 2 cycle EPA test, but Ford takes at least the 70% reduction from the consumption figures if not voluntarily more. Tesla doesn't take the 70% reduction, but then runs an additional 5 cycle test to get about a 75% reduction with the latest 2021 models. Then they do something much more duplicitous. Remember when Tesla "unlocked" more range from 2018 310 miles to 2019 334 miles for the LR model 3? That's because the 2018 models were calculated with the .7 voluntary reduction, but then in 2019 they underwent the 5 cycle test instead, so they were able to "update" 2019 models and give them "more range". What they really did was make the "rated consumption multiplier" lower. You can look at all of this info on Tesla Motor Club. It is quite the rabbit hole, but conclusion is Tesla is pulling our legs.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Now get the DC fast charging fixed and more installed.
The Mach-E's range is proving to be stellar! With some minor tweaks to the DC charging, it would probably beat just about any other crossover EV in a long distance challenge.
Sponsored