Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Too bad it’s the RWD SR 266 hp one.

But it does show that when the GTPE vs Mustang videos come out…… it’s gonna be ugly for the ICE without drag radials.

Still waiting for the GT500 vs GTPE videos where it takes 15 seconds for the GT500 to catch up on the street (and of course pass at 30+ mph difference).
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
LOL "Today we take the least HP version of the Mach E and race it against a high horsepower ICE mustang! (and barely beat it)"

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

But it does show that when the GTPE vs Mustang videos come out…… it’s gonna be ugly for the ICE without drag radials.

Still waiting for the GT500 vs GTPE videos where it takes 15 seconds for the GT500 to catch up on the street (and of course pass at 30+ mph difference).
Lots of the 10R80 automatic guys are running 11.8-12.on regular summer tires with almost no mods right now. And don’t even catch them on a roll. You’ll be shopping at The Gap.

But your average schmuck with a manual GT coupe is pretty much toast right away for sure.

AWD.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lots of the 10R80 automatic guys are running 11.8-12.on regular summer tires with almost no mods right now. And don’t even catch them on a roll. You’ll be shopping at The Gap.

But your average schmuck with a manual GT coupe is pretty much toast right away for sure.

AWD.
Yes they are…… at the track.

On a normal street even the auto guys will be playing catch up. And as the video shows of an auto on the street has to play catch up with a base model Mach E, it’ll be ugly against the GTPE.

I’ll save the roll racing for Supras and crotch rockets.

#kingofthestreetlightraces

I remember years ago watching a Civic dust a Viper at a stoplight on the way back from the drag strip. Spinnin’ ain’t winnin.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag

On a normal street even the auto guys will be playing catch up. And as the video shows of an auto on the street has to play catch up with a base model Mach E, it’ll be ugly against the GTPE.

I remember years ago watching a Civic dust a Viper at a stoplight on the way back from the drag strip. Spinnin’ ain’t winnin.
I had my 69 mach 1 get crushed by a track modified snowmobile that ran 11s. I wasn't ready for that one.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had my 69 mach 1 get crushed by a track modified snowmobile that ran 11s. I wasn't ready for that one.
My 69 has a basically stock 390 (aluminum intake) and a 3 speed auto.

I think a regular snowmobile might beat me.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
My 69 has a basically stock 390 (aluminum intake) and a 3 speed auto.

I think a regular snowmobile might beat me.
I have a 73 that I’m certain an old man with a walker could outrun but then again it’s a Beetle, so…

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

I’m talking about on the street. Dudes are cutting 1.9x 60 fts on the street with Dragy runs to back it up. Summer tires, not Drag radials or 888s. Idk what the clowns in the video are doing on launch and don’t really care tbh. That’s some YouTube funny business right there.

Go check the latest MT review of the CA Rt1, it runs a 6.3 to 60 but a slow 2.8 to 30. The RWD SR ran a 6.1 to 60 and like a 2.4 to 30. A GT coupe can run 1.8-2.0 to 30 with TC on, so, no spin issues. You know as well as I do that an SR ain’t out-digging a 10r80 GT with a driver that has half a clue on how to launch it.

More YouTuber fakery haha.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m talking about on the street. Dudes are cutting 1.9x 60 fts on the street with Dragy runs to back it up. Summer tires, not Drag radials or 888s. Idk what the clowns in the video are doing on launch and don’t really care tbh. That’s some YouTube funny business right there.

Go check the latest MT review of the CA Rt1, it runs a 6.3 to 60 but a slow 2.8 to 30. The RWD SR ran a 6.1 to 60 and like a 2.4 to 30. A GT coupe can run 1.8-2.0 to 30 with TC on, so, no spin issues. You know as well as I do that an SR ain’t out-digging a 10r80 GT with a driver that has half a clue on how to launch it.

More YouTuber fakery haha.
Not fakery, just an average driver and a crappy road.

He even talked about wanting to use the paddle shifters, so I’m not convinced of his skill. Anything can happen on the streets.

“You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should.” -Dom

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, driving takes a little finesse. If I left it mashed to the floor, my Celica would start spinning the rears between 7K and 8400 when it was built to run 9200. Needed to feather it a little around 7K then pedal a bit until it got to 8400, then could mat it again. This was only in the first three gears.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Not fakery, just an average driver and a crappy road.

He even talked about wanting to use the paddle shifters, so I’m not convinced of his skill. Anything can happen on the streets.

“You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should.” -Dom
“Dude, I almost had you….” -Brian

Which happens to be my name as well.

But, this video would have viewers believe that a 5.8-6.0 0-60 car can legitimately hope to run with one that has been repeatedly tested to run 3.8-4.0 in all versions and tire specs. It’s just preposterous. Sure, bad driver can cost the GT coupe some time, but, I’m sorry, you have to actively try to go that slow in a 10r80 GT coupe.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag

Yawn. ?

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
“Dude, I almost had you….” -Brian

Which happens to be my name as well.

But, this video would have viewers believe that a 5.8-6.0 0-60 car can legitimately hope to run with one that has been repeatedly tested to run 3.8-4.0 in all versions and tire specs. It’s just preposterous. Sure, bad driver can cost the GT coupe some time, but, I’m sorry, you have to actively try to go that slow in a 10r80 GT coupe.
If only there was video evidence…….

It’s pretty easy to see what happened. In the first run the Mach E jumped early and the GT spun.

2nd run GT spun again and blew past it.

2nd run seems pretty representative of what happens with high power rwd cars on crappy streets.

Heck, there was even an episode of street outlaws a few weeks ago. They rented a Corvette, Mustang GT and hellcat in Vegas for multiple street races.

And yes, while it’s tv, those guys know how to drive. The vette was the only one they could get traction with. The Mach E would have dusted the Mustang and the hellcat.

Yes, we all know what these cars are capable of with traction. But you can lose more than a couple seconds spinning your wheels.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag

I own a Mach-E AWD X and a 2020 GT500 trust me the GT500 runs 0-60 in mid 3’s, and 135mph in the 10’s, I do not see a Mach-E GT or performance coming anywhere near that. What you will see is the GT getting a jump then quickly passed as the power difference does not even come close.

That said, against most cars the GT will easily walk away from a stop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I own a Mach-E AWD C and a 2020 GT500t trust me the GT500 runs 0-60 in mid 3’s, and 135mph in the 10’s, I do not see a Mach-E GT or performance coming anywhere near that. What you will see is the GT getting a jump then quickly passes as the power difference does not even come close.
It doesn’t run those times on the street. I am very well aware how ridiculously fast the GT500 is with traction. I’m also well aware of what happens when it stacks up against an awd vehicle on a crappy road.

For a preview of how that will turn out, see the GT500 vs model Y video. Should look similar to a GTPE in all except the roll races.

Sponsored