Mach-E vs Q4 E-Tron

Bishop

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Expedition, 2022 Mach-E (ordered)
Country flag
I already put in an order (2/18/22) for a Premium SR RWD Mach-E (still contemplating if the ER is worth the 10-15% price bump). But I am closely watching the Audi Q4 E-tron. I've been down this rabbit hole already and figured I'd share what I found with you all.

A couple of youtube videos on this issue (All European Q4 E-trons). AutoEv The Driver Download

**Since US info is really limited, all of the e-tron info is based off of the European model and the MME is based on 2021 specs.

Here is a quick run-down of what I found:

Price (MSRP pulled from their website with destination charge) Lots of options to choose from just tried to do a baseline comparison.
  • Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD SR Black: $50,200
  • Audi Q4 E-Tron RWD Premium Plus Black w/technology package: $51,990
Battery Size:
  • MME Base 68kwh ER 88kwh
  • Q4 Base 52kwh ER 77kwh ** While the European models have a SR and LR version I'm not sure how this will work in the US since you cant select between the two and they don't have range figures for the US.
Range:
  • MME Base RWD 440km(275 miles) ER RWD 88kwh 610km (381 miles)
  • Q4 Base RWD 317km (198 miles) ER RWD 408km (255 miles) ** While the European models have a SR and LR version I'm not sure how this will work in the US since you cant select between the two and they don't have range figures for the US.
Efficiency:
  • MME Base 6.47 km/kwh ER 6.93 km/kwh
  • Q4 Base 6.55 km/kwh ER 6.75 km/kwh
Storage:
  • MME: 402L back + 81L frunk 483L total.
  • Q4: 520L back no frunk.
Driver Assitance:
Performance for base models (0-100km):
  • MME 6.1 seconds
  • Q4 9.0 seconds
Safety:
Looks (Entirely subjective):
  • MME Is a more sporty EV. More minimalistic/futuristic design with a larger screen. Panoramic roof. Perforated seats - no wood grain.
  • Q4 is more luxury EV. More traditional design with more buttons and a smaller screen. Regular sunroof. Traditional seats and wood grain.
Where I'm at:
My commute is 134 miles round trip. I plan to hold this vehicle for at least 6-10 years and put between 180k and 300k miles on it. The range on the base Q4 just doesn't give me enough room to be comfortable. While I live in south Louisiana and don't have to worry about really cold weather (the lowest it ever gets is 25F), I would like to never have to charge the battery over 80% and try not to run it under 20%.

Admittedly I like the traditional look and luxury feel of the Q4; however, I like the performance (it wins nearly every category) of the MME and that I have a dealership 10 minutes away whereas my Audi is 1 hour away from home (although I do pass one on the way to work).
Sponsored

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Honestly, the Q4 didn't really do anything for me from a looks or performance or range perspective. The interior is expected to be quite nice though. But for that price... Honestly I'd just go with an ID4 and save the money if I was forced to go with a VW brand car.

treasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR Mach-E / LR AWD MY
Country flag
The q4 is a gussied up id4. In my opinion it’s not worth the premium over the id4. Performance is exactly the same until you get in the 60k trim level and the car has way too many plastic trim pieces to be a $60k luxury car. I was hugely disappointed by the q4 because I thought it would be my next car but once it’s specced out appropriately it’s way too expensive

I mean, cmon an Audi without AWD that does 0-60 in 8.6s? That’s absurd

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
2024 Q4 E-tron gets a few updates including:

- Faster charging; from 150 kW to 175 kW (10-80% in 28 minutes)
- + 40 hp with new rear axle electric motor; 0-60 in 5 seconds even (down from 5.8)
- Range increases slightly from 236 to 258 miles
- Battery capacity remains the same
Sponsored