Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number!

shelbystripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (pre-ordered)
Country flag
Just so folks know, reservation numbers do not seem to necessarily be in chronological order.

I mentioned above that I ended up placing two reservations for identically configured First Editions. Well, the first reservation number I got was 100055xx. The second reservation, ten minutes later, was 100046xx.

I got a lower number the second time. Which just added to my worry the first one was invalid, until finally they both started showing up in my reservations on the site...
Sponsored

RdsON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01RAV4EV, 15,18Mustangs, 84-07Accords, 07RAV4, 91NSX, 91ZX11,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just registered to say I reserved my GT in the only blue they showed available. Why oh why no Grabber Blue as shown in the launch video??

Reservation # 10006093
I am hoping a reservation for the GT will get me in the loop further on info and any other options that might come available.
I am having a hard time on the color selection for GT.
Really hard to judge that dark subdued blue. All black looks good with more plastic matching color
Would go tri coat white if had to pick tonight.
#1 preference would be high metallic silver w Chromed plastic trim and possibly grille. Red looks epic -but not compatible w my driving habits that require minimal attention from gendarmerie.

#1 , the plastic fender pieces must be body color. Otherwise, it almost looks like a dune buggy. -not that I have problem with dune buggies, but if going that route I want military desert sand color or camo green and body lift with tires w solid center rib and shoulder knobbies (quiet highway/traction aired down). Maybe some UHMWPE on fiberglass rock sliders that merge front center as bull bar? Sorry, 4WD off road massive torque fantasy

#2, really would like to see the silver in person hoping for mercedes benz grade silver. Cant silver that is just light gray w clear. Can silver have an option for chromed plastic trim?
A chromed plastic trim option for all the dark plastic pieces on a good silver paint would be epic.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Went with Premium, extended range RWD, Tri-white.

Screenshot_20191117-212349.jpg

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 4.2L, Mercedes CLK63, Mercedes CLK55, Audi A6 4.2L
Occupation
Director
Country flag
UK reservation '4581' , on a First Edition in Carbonized Grey.

I think I might be the first retail customer in the UK (cos' I am guessing a few dealers reserved models).

With no link on the Ford UK website I first tried to reserve a car from the US site hoping as I completed it I would be offered a European dealer list, no such luck.

I then found a live chat tab on the Ford UK website and the agent advised they were just putting the link up on line and to wait ten minutes. I just jumped directly on the link and snagged my car.

UK retail price is ÂŁ58,000, (with a ÂŁ1,000 deposit) which at $1.30 to the ÂŁ makes this a $75,400 car. We should really drive on the Left!! All cars here are taxed to within an inch of their life, some might suggest this so we can keep funding our Royal Family who, based on recent events, not only have more money then sense, but also don't seem to understand right from wrong.

Any UK deposit holders with a number lower than 4581'?

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Boeing researcher
Country flag
I reserved twice, one Select and one Premium. The first one was a 6000 number, and then reserved another 20 minutes later and it was a 4000 number. I don’t know if they’re going in sequence.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I will say this, I got a call from one of the sales managers from Bob Sight Ford (dealership I selected) today. Just to check in with me and let me know as soon as he knows more, he will let me know and thanked me for the reservation. It's a little more disconnected than a typical car I think, but still tied to dealers in a way.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Went with Premium, extended range RWD, Tri-white.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number! 1574097095552
Do you happen to live in the NW FL area? I put the same dealer as my preferred. I sent them an e-mail late last night to ask if they are charging an ADM. I haven’t heard back from them yet. However, Moyer Ford in Foley has confirmed they are not charging an ADM (so we have a fall back dealership in our area).

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Do you think there will be any benefit to reserving now? Can't decide. Seems like giving Ford a $500 interest free loan for a year or possibly more, to be possibly be at the front of the line that they don't guarantee, might be a bit crazy. I am sure, without the reservation, as soon as they open their books for the reservists in July, anyone will be able to order as well. The only exception to this I would think would be the intro version, which if really super restricted, might sell out. But this is unlikely as well. It would be nice if Ford at least provided to people with reservations a regular, inside look at the progress of the vehicle. What do you think?

shelbystripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (pre-ordered)
Country flag
Do you think there will be any benefit to reserving now? Can't decide. Seems like giving Ford a $500 interest free loan for a year or possibly more, to be possibly be at the front of the line that they don't guarantee, might be a bit crazy. I am sure, without the reservation, as soon as they open their books for the reservists in July, anyone will be able to order as well. The only exception to this I would think would be the intro version, which if really super restricted, might sell out. But this is unlikely as well. It would be nice if Ford at least provided to people with reservations a regular, inside look at the progress of the vehicle. What do you think?
I agree, the First Edition (or perhaps the California Route 1, which also sounds like a limited volume model) are the ones that are likely worth a deposit if you have the money to spare.

Otherwise... Ford is trying to generate the kind of exclusivity desire that comes from limited supply products, but they haven’t made clear how important or valuable a reservation will be, which undermines the value of reserving to most people. They either need to offer more, or they need to give numbers on how many people have already reserved (first month’s worth of production, 70% of First Editions, etc., or whatever metrics they have).

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I agree, the First Edition (or perhaps the California Route 1, which also sounds like a limited volume model) are the ones that are likely worth a deposit if you have the money to spare.

Otherwise... Ford is trying to generate the kind of exclusivity desire that comes from limited supply products, but they haven’t made clear how important or valuable a reservation will be, which undermines the value of reserving to most people. They either need to offer more, or they need to give numbers on how many people have already reserved (first month’s worth of production, 70% of First Editions, etc., or whatever metrics they have).
Exactly. They should make clear what a reservation buys us. If you look at the terms, they basically say it doesn’t guarantee anything.

Deleted member

Date reservation placed: 11/18/2019
Reservation ID number: 10005366
Your Ford Dealer: Feduke Ford
Model: GT
Battery: Extended Range Battery - AWD
Exterior: Carbonized Grey
Interior: Miko® Inserts & Copper Metallic Stitching

I received a phone call from the GSM at my local dealership with a thank you from himself and the owner for placing the reservation and that they would keep in touch with me regarding any new information that comes along.
Sponsored