Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number!

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
£1,000 deposit placed on 13th of January here in the UK with Ford Edgware Branch.
Extended Range, AWD, Carbonised Grey.
Pre-Order Number: 10030996

As this thread is 20 pages deep, I’ve not had a chance to read through it all, but does anyone have an idea if these order numbers bear any relation to places in a queue or something like that?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
does anyone have an idea if these order numbers bear any relation to places in a queue or something like that?
The reservation number itself is not what matters. The timestamp of when you placed your reservation determines your place in the production sequence queue for your trim level (once the official orders are placed for your trim).

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
As this thread is 20 pages deep, I’ve not had a chance to read through it all, but does anyone have an idea if these order numbers bear any relation to places in a queue or something like that?
The reservation numbers appear to be "almost sequential". By and large, reservation number appear to increase almost perfectly sequential, but there are occasionally exceptions where a reservation number on a later day / time will be slightly less than one on and earlier day / time. The amount it jumps back is small (like a thousand).

For the purposes of rough guesses and calculation, assume the numbers are basically sequential.

Further, we guess (based on the earliest reservation number posted and based on a slide deck fro Ford) that the reservation numbers start at 4,000 and those first 4k cars are likely dealer demos

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I had recently noticed a 3 digit number next to the confirmation email they sent. The number is to the right of the 'Ford Reservation Deposit'. In my case the # is 17x. Not sure what this number means.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I had recently noticed a 3 digit number next to the confirmation email they sent. The number is to the right of the 'Ford Reservation Deposit'. In my case the # is 17x. Not sure what this number means.
It's just a disclosure footnote:

Reservation does not guarantee vehicle delivery nor priority for ordering a vehicle. See Reservation Terms and Conditions for important details.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, so now I'm embarrassed. How did I miss that? Yikes! o_O

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
1st post. I made my reservation on 03/17/2020 and I'm 10050002.

The time frame should work just fine for me on my Caddy lease.

Last edited:

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1st post. I made my reservation on 03/17/2020 and I'm 1005002.
xxx5002? Did you leave out a number? With your order date, one would expect 45002 or 50002

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As the severity of the impact this virus has on all economies worsens, I’m quite sure sales of all cars will tank worldwide, including the ME. Some projections are now claiming 50% of the world will eventually get the virus.. Let‘s hope they’re wrong. Regardless, many will decide to hold on to what they’ve got as their life savings dwindle.

Complicating EV sales is the fact that in the US, many areas are getting close to sub $2/gallon gas, if they’re not already there. In my area, Long Island, it’s cheaper to fill my wife’s Lexus ES300h hybrid, that gets 40-45mpg, than to power my Tesla MS. Our electric cost is $.20/kWh.

With that said, I’m an optimist and think our economy will come roaring back. The real question is when.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As the severity of the impact this virus has on all economies worsens, I’m quite sure sales of all cars will tank worldwide, including the ME. Some projections are now claiming 50% of the world will eventually get the virus.. Let‘s hope they’re wrong. Regardless, many will decide to hold on to what they’ve got as their life savings dwindle.

Complicating EV sales is the fact that in the US, many areas are getting close to sub $2/gallon gas, if they’re not already there. In my area, Long Island, it’s cheaper to fill my wife’s Lexus ES300h hybrid, that gets 40-45mpg, than to power my Tesla MS. Our electric cost is $.20/kWh.

With that said, I’m an optimist and think our economy will come roaring back. The real question is when.
Exactly. I said pretty much the same thing in another thread. Sales of big ticket items like new cars will plummet for the rest of this year. Maybe longer, depending on how long it takes to get the economy back to normal. But the damage will linger for a while as everything is so intertwined.

I got gas Monday at $1.69/gal. The oil market has collapsed. WTI is down to $22/bbl today. Anyone that follows oil prices knows that's just an unbelievable number. Last time we saw it dip that low was 1999 during the world oil glut. Gas fell to under $1/gal then. That pretty much wipes out the biggest reason for spending 10 grand extra for a BEV (the fuel cost savings).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
1st post. I made my reservation on 03/17/2020 and I'm 10050002.
This is actually important intel. It's our first reservation number over 50,000. as Ford has said they are only planning to produce 50,000 units in model year 2021 (our current reservations), they are either building in a buffer for cancellations, etc. or adding more numbers to fill in for reservation numbers skipped along the way.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Via the reservation site, one can not place an order/reservation for any of the Mach E vehicles. It appears the 50,000 units are "fully reserved".

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Via the reservation site, one can not place an order/reservation for any of the Mach E vehicles. It appears the 50,000 units are "fully reserved".
I just tried a test reservation and got as far as the dealer selection. I backed out at that point. Did you try to go further?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just tried a test reservation and got as far as the dealer selection. I backed out at that point. Did you try to go further?
I too was able to get that far. So it did look as if reservations were still being accepted, at least to that point.
Sponsored