Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I think you are right regarding parallel servers. One person reported reserving two MMEs on the first day, receiving a 6000 series reservation on the first and a 4000 series on the second. Despite that, I think the numbers within servers are sequential and all series were used. Probably 3-5 machines with parallel 1000 number sequences.
I don’t think the reservation number matters as much as the time stamp of the reservation. What I’ve seen is that the order sequence for production is based on time stamp not reservation number.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I don’t think the reservation number matters as much as the time stamp of the reservation. What I’ve seen is that the order sequence for production is based on time stamp not reservation number.
That certainly makes more sense but where have you seen that? I can't recall any direct statement of how orders will be filled.

There's been less concern in this thread about the reservation numbers being a direct statement of order than their reflection of the number of reservations.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That certainly makes more sense but where have you seen that? I can't recall any direct statement of how orders will be filled.

There's been less concern in this thread about the reservation numbers being a direct statement of order than their reflection of the number of reservations.
It’s from an internal/dealer facing PowerPoint about how a reservation is turned into an order and how the orders turn into deliveries. Not sure if it’s publicly shareable.

SuperOcean

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus
Country flag
It’s from an internal/dealer facing PowerPoint about how a reservation is turned into an order and how the orders turn into deliveries. Not sure if it’s publicly shareable.
Can you post? I'm sure many of us would be interested.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can you post? I'm sure many of us would be interested.
I can't. It was not marked as OK to give to customers. But I'll describe it on a high level. It's basically a second page to this document below, but it lists the names of the internal order systems and website links (which is why I think it's not public). In the middle section (Spring/Summer 2020) it says that customer orders will drop into the system. From there the job scheduling happens and is prioritized by customer reservation timestamp. Then vehicles are produced, shipped and delivered to the dealers.

From what I've heard the plan is to have communications with reservation/order holders at each step (for example: order entry, production, shipping, delivery) to keep us informed. I remember seeing a UK reservation holder confirmation email somewhere on here that kind of laid out the steps.

I know waiting sucks, I'm mostly in the same boat.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number! MME Order

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks Hybrid2BEV! I really appreciate you slipping us whatever information to can. This is far more than we've heard from Ford and than I've heard from my dealer.

SuperOcean

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus
Country flag
I can't. It was not marked as OK to give to customers. But I'll describe it on a high level. It's basically a second page to this document below, but it lists the names of the internal order systems and website links (which is why I think it's not public). In the middle section (Spring/Summer 2020) it says that customer orders will drop into the system. From there the job scheduling happens and is prioritized by customer reservation timestamp. Then vehicles are produced, shipped and delivered to the dealers.

From what I've heard the plan is to have communications with reservation/order holders at each step (for example: order entry, production, shipping, delivery) to keep us informed. I remember seeing a UK reservation holder confirmation email somewhere on here that kind of laid out the steps.

I know waiting sucks, I'm mostly in the same boat.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Waiting Room. Check in with your reservation number! MME Order
I had not seen that before. Thanks for posting it and the summary of what was on the second page, very helpful.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Hey everyone! Excited to read the forum.

Reservation ID: 100248xx
Date placed: 12/15/2019
Model: Premium SR AWD / Iconic Silver

Thrilled about the recently announced $5k rebate in NJ to make this even more economical!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I put in a new order at a different dealer a couple of counties away.

March 3rd, 2020
Reservation Number 1004401X
Rapid Red AWD Extended Range

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I put in a new order at a different dealer a couple of counties away.

March 3rd, 2020
Reservation Number 1004401X
Rapid Red AWD Extended Range
Why ? You could not transfer your reservation number ?

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
It's not clear you can. There hasn't been any definitive information from Ford on this. Just what dealer sales people say and I'm not confident in what they tell me.
It has been said you can change dealers but I did not see that you
would loose your res. number. And YOU believe the sales people at
this time !! You have been on this Forum for some time now. I know
you could speak to them with greater knowledge on the MME than
can. Demand your low res. number. If you don't I am closer by 1 number. ;)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It has been said you can change dealers but I did not see that you
would loose your res. number. And YOU believe the sales people at
this time !! You have been on this Forum for some time now. I know
you could speak to them with greater knowledge on the MME than
can. Demand your low res. number. If you don't I am closer by 1 number. ;)
What do I have to lose by holding a second reservation?

I don't have confidence in what I've read here or what the dealers have said with respect to switching my selected dealer.

I may end up completing my order thru the originally selected dealer but with a duplicate order at a different dealer with a default lower price (due to sales tax rate), I see no harm in holding a new reservation.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Well I found it on the Terms of Reservation.

10. Reservation Cancellation; Transfer; Assignment.
You may cancel your Reservation and request a refund online at owner.ford.com. If you cancel your Reservation before you order your vehicle, the full Reservation Deposit will be credited back to your credit card within 10 business days. Please note that all cancellations are final. You may not transfer or assign your Reservation or any other rights under these Terms and Conditions.

So all of you that want to switch dealers I do not think this is possible.
Looks like you start from the beginning again.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
What do I have to lose by holding a second reservation?

I don't have confidence in what I've read here or what the dealers have said with respect to switching my selected dealer.

I may end up completing my order thru the originally selected dealer but with a duplicate order at a different dealer with a default lower price (due to sales tax rate), I see no harm in holding a new reservation.
OK. I did not know it is your 2nd res. My mistake for not reading carefully. But I
do know 1 person can res. 2. And that's a great idea.
Sponsored