BMME

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tacoma, 18 Explorer
Country flag
I called Ford for an update and was told by the rep that the 2022 MME production was being switched over September 15th. Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
When they schedule production for new others, they won't look at mme orders.
That doesn't really make any sense. Anyone who orders right now won't get scheduled for probably 3 months anyway. No one here got scheduled production dates when they made their order. You'll just keep posting these reports every week if that's the case.

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That doesn't really make any sense. Anyone who orders right now won't get scheduled for probably 3 months anyway. No one here got scheduled production dates when they made their order. You'll just keep posting these reports every week if that's the case.
Well yeah, they would be scheduling orders from, say, 3 months ago. But they aren't.

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
I called Ford for an update and was told by the rep that the 2022 MME production was being switched over September 15th. Can anyone confirm?
Lots of people here have Oct. build dates for '21 MMEs so I'm not sure how accurate that is, but Ford would certainly know more than anyone here, unless whoever you spoke with had bad info/misunderstood something. I believe order banks are switching over to '22 MY later this month so perhaps that was what they were referring to?

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
When are they going to release the list of changes for '22? That's what I really want to see.

If they add cooled or ventilated seats I'll go to the back of the line again I guess... More range is nice but I want cooled seats.

BMME

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tacoma, 18 Explorer
Country flag
That very well could be. I ordered 5/4/21 and Ford just picked up my order. I’ve read there are going to be enhancements on the 22 so hoping by the time they get to mine in November or December (assuming) it will be a 22.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
I assume this means ordering as well. I spoke to my dealer this morning and was told they are no longer able to submit orders for 21's in certain configurations (sorry I did not ask for clarification) and that ordering was in the process of shutting down for this model year. He did not know when ordering would open up for the 22 model year and did not yet have the ordering guide.

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
This all seems consistent with everything else I've read. Filling in the blanks with speculation .... seems that September 3 was the last day to order a 2021. Yet not likely that anything other than perhaps a Select would be built as a 2021 if ordered that late. Production has been scheduled through October. Production of 2022 starts week of November 29. Speculating that no initial scheduling will be done for production of 2021 MY in November; that month would be for catch-up, clean-up, and reconfiguring the line.

So, if you are like me (ordered Cal Route 1 on June 4, changed order to Premium AWD ER on July 27 at which time the salesman told me that I would have been scheduled for September 27 production week had I not changed the order, still no production date nor VIN) then you should be hoping for a December production date of a 2022 MY vehicle. Would welcome any better insight because the dealership flat out doesn't know.

Or maybe I will be driving my '08 Escape Hybrid (one owner only) for another 13 years.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This all seems consistent with everything else I've read. Filling in the blanks with speculation .... seems that September 3 was the last day to order a 2021. Yet not likely that anything other than perhaps a Select would be built as a 2021 if ordered that late. Production has been scheduled through October. Production of 2022 starts week of November 29. Speculating that no initial scheduling will be done for production of 2021 MY in November; that month would be for catch-up, clean-up, and reconfiguring the line.

So, if you are like me (ordered Cal Route 1 on June 4, changed order to Premium AWD ER on July 27 at which time the salesman told me that I would have been scheduled for September 27 production week had I not changed the order, still no production date nor VIN) then you should be hoping for a December production date of a 2022 MY vehicle. Would welcome any better insight because the dealership flat out doesn't know.

Or maybe I will be driving my '08 Escape Hybrid (one owner only) for another 13 years.
What does this mean though for vehicles that are built but waiting on chips? No one can tell me this.

rcpd34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium
Country flag
Didn't they NOT schedule MME's last week as well?

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
Thursday and Friday of last week. Not sure if that essentially meant the entire week or not.
AFAIK scheduling is updated once per week, so this would be two consecutive weeks with no new MME production scheduling.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Seeing as my 2021 VIN isn’t scheduled to be produced this month, I’m going to say that this is incorrect. Ford’s schedule for 2022 MME production isn’t until late November IIRC.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I assume this means ordering as well. I spoke to my dealer this morning and was told they are no longer able to submit orders for 21's in certain configurations (sorry I did not ask for clarification) and that ordering was in the process of shutting down for this model year. He did not know when ordering would open up for the 22 model year and did not yet have the ordering guide.
Ordering closed for 2021 MMEs on Sept 4. Ordering for 2022 MMEs starts on 9/27.

BMME

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tacoma, 18 Explorer
Country flag
My build was picked up by Ford last week, but no vin or build date yet. I called Ford today to ask if Infinite Blue was available (it was taken off the website before I pulled the trigger) and was told she was not sure if that color would be available for the 22 MME. I then asked if I was going to be getting a 21 or 22 and the rep would not confirm. She said I would have to contact my dealer, and they already told me I could not get the infinite blue. She could not give anymore details but continued to go back to saying I cannot confirm if that will be available for 22. This leads me to believe my order will be moved to a 22. Anyone else talk to Ford that had similar conversations?
Sponsored