- Dec 29, 2019
- Reaction score
- Southeastern Michigan
- Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
(F-150 also won Truck of the Year)
ALL-NEW FORD F-150 AND MUSTANG MACH-E EARN NORTH AMERICAN TRUCK AND UTILITY OF THE YEAR HONORS
- All-new, all-electric Mustang Mach-E and all-new Ford F-150 are named 2021 North American Utility and Truck of the Year by a 50-member independent jury of print and broadcast journalists from the U.S. and Canada
- The winning vehicles are benchmarks in their segments based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar
- Both models have connected vehicle technology, including over-the-air updates, that keeps them in the forefront of purposeful technology and ensures customers’ future wants and needs are met through the life of the vehicle
“This recognition for Mustang Mach-E and F-150 is validation not only for our brand, but also for our Ford team, which continues to innovate and deliver on its commitment to creating must-have products and services,” said Kumar Galhotra, president, Ford Americas and IMG. “The North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards are among the most prestigious in the industry and such an honor serves as a capstone achievement for years of hard work for the Mustang Mach-E and F-150 teams.”
It is the first time since 2014 that the same brand has won multiple North American vehicle of the year awards in the same year.
Ford brought the all-new, all-electric Mustang Mach-E to life through a development process concentrated entirely on customer needs and desires, resulting in a sleek, beautiful SUV that delivers spirited ride and handling – with state-of-the-art connected vehicle technology that makes it even better over time.
This is the third in a series of recent awards that saw a Mustang Mach-E and F-150 double feature – both earned accolades in December for the Edmunds Top Rated Luxury EV and Edmunds Top Rated Truck of 2021, on top of recognition as the Green Car Journal 2021 Green Car of the Year and Green Truck of the Year.
Mustang Mach-E also was named Best Car to Buy 2021 by The Car Connection and Green Car Reports earlier this month.
The all-new F-150 is purpose-built to be the toughest, most productive F-150 ever, targeting the most towing and payload of any light-duty full-size pickup and introducing all-new features to increase customer productivity. F-150 has new connected vehicle innovations such as over-the-air updates that help keep it at the forefront of purposeful technology as well as an available all-new 3.5-liter PowerBoost™ hybrid powertrain with Pro Power Onboard™ – an integrated power generator.
The North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards are intended to recognize the most outstanding new vehicles of the year. These vehicles are benchmarks in their segments based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar.
The organization gives out three awards: “North American Car of the Year,” “North American Utility Vehicle of the Year ,” and “North American Truck of the Year.” The awards are given by an independent jury of automotive journalists from the United States and Canada instead of by a single publication, website, radio or television station.
The accolades keep coming
The North American Utility and Truck of the Year awards are just two of many accolades Mustang Mach-E and F-150 have earned in recent months:
- Detroit Free Press Truck of the Year - Detroit Free Press
- Green Truck of the Year - Green Car Journal
- Best Buy Award - Kelley Blue Book
- Edmunds Top Rated Truck - Edmunds.com
- Green Car of the Year - Green Car Journal
- Edmunds Top Rated Luxury EV - Edmunds
- Best Car to Buy 2021- The Car Connection
- Best Electric Car to Buy 2021 - The Car Connection
- Best Crossover to Buy 2021 - The Car Connection
- Best Car to Buy 2021 - Green Car Reports
Last edited by a moderator: