ToolMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shelby GT-500, Shelby F-150, '66 Mustang
Country flag
I know some parts of the country won't have this concern, but seeing as it's labeled as an SUV and has AWD, how do you think it'll be in a bitterly cold winter? I live in the midwest and have preordered a GT, but I am wondering about the range and interior comforts in snow and cold.

I've read that if using the heater, the range could be reduced by up to 41%. (I saw that using air, about 20%) Making adjustments for a windy day and cold, that could cut the range to less than half. Granted, it's still a 'Performance' SUV, but I'd still like to drive it in the winter.

Any thoughts if it has heated seats, steering wheel, etc and are there others that have experience driving electric cars in the winter?
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Any thoughts if it has heated seats, steering wheel, etc and are there others that have experience driving electric cars in the winter?
Unlike the Premium, the GT is not listed as standard with heated seats/steering wheel. We don’t yet know what packages and options will be available with the GT, but I’d be shocked if things like heated seats are not an option on the GT.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Winter driving can be a challenge. The Focus Electric would lose 50%, but keep in mind it wasnt starting with much to begin with.

On my Bolt I'm typically down to 150 miles of range in the winter. This is with using full heat, and all the amenities LOL. I'm sure I could get it to 180 or so by roughing it a little (turning off everything, cracking a window, wearing winter clothes, etc.).

OP
OP
ToolMan

ToolMan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shelby GT-500, Shelby F-150, '66 Mustang
Country flag
Unlike the Premium, the GT is not listed as standard with heated seats/steering wheel. We don’t yet know what packages and options will be available with the GT, but I’d be shocked if things like heated seats are not an option on the GT.
Yeah, that's what I noticed. They show standard features for the Premium, but they don't list many features or options for the GT yet. (Like 360 camera, heated seats, glass roof...etc) I know that my GT-500 with Recaro seats didn't come heated. I also know the GT version of the Mach-E has special seats, which is why I was wondering about them. Hopefully we'll get to see a list of options on the Ford site in the not too distant future. ;-)

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Yeah, that's what I noticed. They show standard features for the Premium, but they don't list many features or options for the GT yet. (Like 360 camera, heated seats, glass roof...etc) I know that my GT-500 with Recaro seats didn't come heated. I also know the GT version of the Mach-E has special seats, which is why I was wondering about them. Hopefully we'll get to see a list of options on the Ford site in the not too distant future. ;-)
On Ford's US website under "Compare Model Specs", it lists heated seats standard on the GT, and 360 camera and glass roof as a option.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ford is really amping the anticipation level by not letting us know what the options and pricing are for the vehicle.

I've been riding around in a 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD all weekend. It originally had a 0-60 of 5.2s but after two OTA updates is down to about 4.6 seconds. If my Premium ER AWD can do that, I'll be thrilled.
Sponsored