Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
My local dealer that does wraps said they did a Tesla (he didn't specify which model) and it was $6500. So this is off my list of options.
Sponsored

Chrislee

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e first edition,
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking how much does that usually cost ?

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
Would you do it again? Will you wrap your Mach-e knowing what you now know?
I will do it again on my Porsche. It's a fun way to keep things interesting and my Porsche is black and I hate keeping it clean. I would have done it on the Mach-E had I not found one in Grabber Blue. Maybe I will eventually wrap my Porsche in Grabber Blue.

Just curious... How much does it cost to remove a wrap or PPF? And, how hard is it to remove them yourself without causing damage to the underlying clearcoat or other materials?
No idea how much it costs to remove. I can tell you from experience that it is WAY easier to remove a quality wrap than PPF. It shouldn't damage anything as long as the paint was in good condition to start with.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I will do it again on my Porsche. It's a fun way to keep things interesting and my Porsche is black and I hate keeping it clean. I would have done it on the Mach-E had I not found one in Grabber Blue. Maybe I will eventually wrap my Porsche in Grabber Blue.
That's the thing. The Grabber Blue was the only thing I really wanted in the First Edition, and when the price dropped, I couldn't justify the difference over just the color. But now I'm about to make up the difference in the price by paying someone to wrap it, unless I can wrap it myself. (And then, I would likely choose something unique! like Flip Ghost Pearl. Amazon.com: 3M 1080 SP280 Satin FLIP Ghost Pearl 5ft x 40ft (200 sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film: Automotive

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That's the thing. The Grabber Blue was the only thing I really wanted in the First Edition, and when the price dropped, I couldn't justify the difference over just the color. But now I'm about to make up the difference in the price by paying someone to wrap it, unless I can wrap it myself. (And then, I would likely choose something unique! like Flip Ghost Pearl. Amazon.com: 3M 1080 SP280 Satin FLIP Ghost Pearl 5ft x 40ft (200 sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film: Automotive
Similar boat here - I wanted Grabber Blue, it was the only thing that really made me want a First Edition (until they started shipping out those fractal pony sculptures - that's another thing that would have influenced my decision), but I couldn't get a First Edition because of the forced addition of AWD. I'm thinking about a wrap myself now but still debating the color. Part of me still desperately wants Grabber Blue, but I don't think a wrap would ever be perfectly accurate. I'm thinking maybe a Grabber Lime-esque green.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Similar boat here - I wanted Grabber Blue, it was the only thing that really made me want a First Edition (until they started shipping out those fractal pony sculptures - that's another thing that would have influenced my decision), but I couldn't get a First Edition because of the forced addition of AWD. I'm thinking about a wrap myself now but still debating the color. Part of me still desperately wants Grabber Blue, but I don't think a wrap would ever be perfectly accurate. I'm thinking maybe a Grabber Lime-esque green.
I don't think I would need an exact replica, and may find that a difference from actual Grabber Blue would be desirable. A while back, some people here noted that the Mach-e in this UK video is actually a wrap, and is not actually Grabber Blue.

(34) New Ford Mustang Mach-E EV makes European debut in London - YouTube

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E wrapped in Dark Green Pearl 3M vinyl wrap 1615329734053

Last edited:

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
A good wrap shop will do the inside of the doors and high visible areas. We have one and it is darn impossible to tell it was a wrap.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
A good wrap shop will do the inside of the doors and high visible areas. We have one and it is darn impossible to tell it was a wrap.
A good wrap shop will also charge half again the cost of a exterior wrap to do sills and door interiors. My base full color flip satin copper wrap was $4200, if I wanted door sills/interior bits it was $2000 additional - these are PNW prices. When my doors are shut you can’t tell it was ever a white MachE.
Sponsored