Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free)

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
If you read the US Order Guide posted in another thread, Premium and California Route One include Lane Centering, Stop and Go and Speed Limit Sign Recognition with additional driver assist software upgrade at an additional cost expected around Q3 2021.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you read the US Order Guide posted in another thread, Premium and California Route One include Lane Centering, Stop and Go and Speed Limit Sign Recognition with additional driver assist software upgrade at an additional cost expected around Q3 2021.
The Dealer training guide has:

Standard on all models
Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0

• Auto High Beams
  • BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Lane-Keeping System
  • Post-Collision Braking
  • Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Pedestrian Detection and Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support
  • Rear View Camera
  • Reverse Brake Assist
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Forward Sensing System
Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0
• Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition
• Evasive Steering Assist
• Intersection Assist
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
- Three years of service
- EV Trip Planner
- Live Traffic
- Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance

Standard on Premium, California Route 1 and First Edition; Optional on Select in the Comfort/Technology Package
Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package

• Active Drive Assist Prep Kit
  • Active Park Assist 2.0
360-Degree Camera with split- view display and front washer
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) 1595940272065

1595940272104.png

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Standard on Premium, California Route 1 and First Edition; Optional on Select in the Comfort/Technology Package
Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package

• Active Drive Assist Prep Kit
  • Active Park Assist 2.0
360-Degree Camera with split- view display and front washer
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) 1595940272104

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) 1595940272104
What is the front washer portion of "360-Degree Camera with split- view display and front washer"?

Also, I ordered a Select with the technology package. For some reason I'm anxious that I am somehow going to not be eligible for the full self driving software in the future. I think it is because I know I cannot add that hardware afterwards and I don't want to feel like an idiot the day I pick up my MME. Can someone tell me I'm good to quit worrying ?.

I'm looking forward to having a much smarter vehicle than my truck!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
What is the front washer portion of "360-Degree Camera with split- view display and front washer"?
It’s like this example. It pops out to spray washer fluid to clean the lens.

5397E617-CA12-4E64-B41B-A5298AD06C6B.jpeg

And the tech pack you quoted in your post says it has the active drive assist prep kit.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Also, I ordered a Select with the technology package. For some reason I'm anxious that I am somehow going to not be eligible for the full self driving software in the future. I think it is because I know I cannot add that hardware afterwards and I don't want to feel like an idiot the day I pick up my MME. Can someone tell me I'm good to quit worrying ?.

I'm looking forward to having a much smarter vehicle than my truck!
You're good and quit worrying

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I have a washer for my rear camera now. I love it. I'm pretty sure there is not a rear camera washer on the MME. :(

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
It’s like this example. It pops out to spray washer fluid to clean the lens.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) 5397E617-CA12-4E64-B41B-A5298AD06C6B

And the tech pack you quoted in your post says it has the active drive assist prep kit.
How do those work? Do they just pop out automatically as needed or do you have to push a button?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
How do those work? Do they just pop out automatically as needed or do you have to push a button?
If I remember correctly you twist a section (like a ring) of the windshield wiper stalk one way to wash the front and the other way for the back. It’s not automatic. But it could be a different implementation here for the Mach-E, maybe we will push the whole stalk forward or backwards to activate it.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I ordered a Select with the technology package. For some reason I'm anxious that I am somehow going to not be eligible for the full self driving software in the future.
I agree with the responses you already got. The tech package includes the hardware required for Active Drive Assist and the 360 parking view... And this will enable you to add the hands free driving feature (for a fee) sometime next year.

But one important clarification... Even though it is truly hands free driving, it is not "full self driving." We'll still be humans doing the driving -- meaning that we've got to pay attention at all times and be ready to take over control.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a washer for my rear camera now. I love it. I'm pretty sure there is not a rear camera washer on the MME. :(
Actually there is. I can't show you a picture, but if you go into your bathroom and look over the sink you'll see it :)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I said my rear camera not my rear end. LOL

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. Looks like a front washer but nothing to wash your rear.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) camera washer

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's Adaptive Cruise Control (without Hands-Free) 107531356_279600129952062_3403232247467201562_n