mfbrown

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Prem, RWD, ER; 2023 MME Prem, RWD, ER
Country flag
Wonder how they will handle UI interface changes for existing cars going forward, since the new interface does not apply to us. We won't see anything, but minor tweaks I imagine. So I don't think you need to turn off updates...

As the article states:

"Current Ford vehicles will not be upgradable to the new Android-based Sync — which means these first Lightnings off the line will have Ford’s existing Sync 4 system, while 2023 Lightnings that ship next year will have the new Android-based Sync, a potential silver lining for impatient preorder buyers."
Sponsored

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
I am totally down for UI improvement, but Android OS anything gets me triggered. It's clunky, annoying to use, and generally unpleasant to look at. Here to hoping my '22 GT won't have to deal with Android anything. Cheers.
I'm sorry, have you _seen_ Sync 4a? It's clunky, annoying to use, and is generally unpleasant to look at. It's also slow, takes forever to transition between screens, and lags like crazy...

My MME is getting the glass recall done and I have a loaner which is a 2017 Ford Fusion running whatever version of Sync it is and it is _responsive_. I figured all this time that the issue is that Sync is laggy as hell, but it appears it's just Sync 4a.

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
So, what's this all about? Why is Ford going to revamp the Mach-e interface? Farley didn't seem to say what the issues are, or did I miss it all?

Frankly, I find the current interface visually appealing and now that I've gotten generally used to it, I'm not eager for a change. I'd like to hear more from Ford about this issue. I'm not opposed to it, just interested in finding out the direction they are taking, and the rationale behind it all.

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Didn't the article also indicates that vehicles with Sync 4 aren't going to get the Google software update? If so, I hope Ford just doesn't forget the Sync 4 customers...
We won't see anything, but minor tweaks I imagine. So I don't think you need to turn off updates...
At some point significant support will stop. That’s still a ways away though. Eventually all these cars will see is major bug fixes — that’s even further down the road.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
I wonder if this new UI is the one mentioned that is built using the unreal game engine on fmods.net
Sponsored