The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
If Ford screws all of us, the tech-friendly early adopters, the people who took a gamble on their new electric SUV then helped them make it a crazy success- over by not giving us the latest operating system when they make the switch I'm selling this thing and getting a car from a company who has vision and can think more than 3 years down the line.

I have absolutely 0% customer loyalty at this point. I had about 15% when I started then ADM's, no communication, etc brought it down to 0.
Sponsored

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
As the car becomes more computer 💻 and less 🚘 car, Expect more computer type problems

Like the MS-DOS blue screen of death …..Sometimes memory just says …..oh 💩 crap ☠👻💀

Jes sayin

For all you non-boomers out there MS-DOS stands for Microsoft diskette operating system you’re going to have to Google diskette🤡👺🤠 hint it is not a female disk

Eatchu

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, Ford Mustang Mach-E (on order)
Country flag
If there is a revamp of the UX, I expect a few things:
  • Give a search bar in the settings, currently finding the right submenu for a setting I was looking for is a chore.
  • Bigger camera window. There are tons of real estate around yet the 360 camera only occupies the little space in the upper section
  • An A/C off shortcut. For god’s sake why is it a two tap action for something simple like that
  • A shortcut to calm screen too if we are talking about shortcut

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I wonder if Ford had this in mind when making our volume knob.
Probably not as the 4 way nudge is not supported. If you try to nudge it, it will break off. This will be for controllers as found in a Mazda centre console.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wonder if Ford had this in mind when making our volume knob.
Yes. Darren Palmer told me that directly. "It's also a mouse. See?" as he played a game with it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So, I wouldn't expect to see these changes until the end of 2022, to early 2023. But some cool changes coming!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
  • Give a search bar in the settings, currently finding the right submenu for a setting I was looking for is a chore.
  • Bigger camera window. There are tons of real estate around yet the 360 camera only occupies the little space in the upper section
  • An A/C off shortcut. For god’s sake why is it a two tap action for something simple like that
to get to calm screen, just push and hold the volume knob in. It will launch calm screen.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Some of those things would be good. Especially the 360-degree image size.

None of them will be delivered.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Press and hold volume button for calm screen. Incase you didn't know

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yes. Darren Palmer told me that directly. "It's also a mouse. See?" as he played a game with it.
Except... The volume knob in my GT-PE doesn't "nudge" up/down or left/right. It's only press/tap/click/whatever you want to call it and rotate. Maybe that's part of the hardware upgrade for the Android OS? 🤷‍♂️🐩

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rotate is the mouse movement. I wasn't staring when he did it, but be rotated it while talking about mouse movement.

RP_GT

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Vette LT1; '06 Mazda6 V6; '22 MME GT
Occupation
Elec. Engr.
Country flag
I am totally down for UI improvement, but Android OS anything gets me triggered. It's clunky, annoying to use, and generally unpleasant to look at. Here to hoping my '22 GT won't have to deal with Android anything. Cheers.
Sponsored