Mach-E's in New York

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Weeeellllll...I got to drive it, my wife got to drive it, I went over it and it looks clean with no blemishes including the roof glass. I had previously driven their AWD Premium ER but I found the RWD Premium ER still packs a fun punch. Just not as fast to 60 but fast enough.

The finance person was a bit unsure if she had the Ford Options correct. Once we went over the numbers she was very close to mine. She has a meeting with her regional Ford finance rep on Monday to go over it to make sure she did everything right by Ford. If that goes well, I should be picking it up on Tuesday.

I do have one question for those who have already gotten their Mach-E's. Does the NYS EV Rebate come off before sales tax is calculated?
Best of luck!

On mine, they calculated the tax on the MSRP and any add-ons (I bought a tire/rim package) to get the cash price. Then they subtracted the $2500 Options rebate, the $100 Early Adopter credit, the $2K NY EV incentive, and my $500 deposit. This number minus the down payment was the amount to be financed.
Sponsored

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Weeeellllll...I got to drive it, my wife got to drive it, I went over it and it looks clean with no blemishes including the roof glass. I had previously driven their AWD Premium ER but I found the RWD Premium ER still packs a fun punch. Just not as fast to 60 but fast enough.

The finance person was a bit unsure if she had the Ford Options correct. Once we went over the numbers she was very close to mine. She has a meeting with her regional Ford finance rep on Monday to go over it to make sure she did everything right by Ford. If that goes well, I should be picking it up on Tuesday.

I do have one question for those who have already gotten their Mach-E's. Does the NYS EV Rebate come off before sales tax is calculated?
Congrats! Same as @buffasnow on the taxes and NY $2k.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Jeff, your situation sounds way more complicated than mine, but if it does not sort out soon, consider sending a letter to NY EZ Pass. I've called, FAX'd, and finally found that a letter works best except for things more easily done on the account web page.

Too many EVs later, I already had a green pass. In the past, most times I told them about a new EV or PHEV, it got added to the list in short order. Maybe staff is down during COVID, or this one might be super confusing to them, because Mustang is already on the list (and most everyone knows that a Mustang is not an EV :) )

For those with an EV green pass transferring it, or just edit the letter to your situation, I found this letter boilerplate works well (seven EV PHEV later):

Date nnnnnnn

Name, NY EZ Pass Account No. nnnnnnnn
address
address, zip

E-Z Pass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187

Re: Green EZ Pass for Electric Vehicle

Ford Mustang Mach-E (electric battery, electric motor only, no engine)

Dear Customer Service:

If you already have a green pass: I have a green pass (from my last EV/PHEV, year Honda model Clarity PHEV License No. NY nnn nnnn), EZ pass no. nnnnnnnnnnn. I traded in the Clarity for a new EV, the Mustang Mach-E.

Please approve Green EZ Pass use for my Ford Mustang Mach-E battery electric vehicle (BEV) to EZ pass no. nnnnnnnnn.

Please also add the “Mustang Mach-E” to vehicle types under Ford, at the NY EZ Pass website.

Very truly yours,

Joseph n nnnnnnnn

/s/ nnnnnnn n nnnnnnn

EZ Pass Account No. nnnnnnnnnnn
Thank you sir! I will certainly send the letter (once I get my new regular EZ-Pass for the MME). It certainly cannot hurt to try.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Sharing here first! Picked up Blu Max this afternoon. All financing via Ford Options was perfect and came within a dollar of what I figured out using the spreadsheet shared on this forum. Melissa at Koerner Ford in Syracuse is now ready to handle future Ford EV sales.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York i-g4tS65b-XL

My wife's iPhone photo so not the best. Will get better ones once the weather gets better. Still have a lot of setup to go. The Space Gray interior is gorgeous.

Last edited:

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Sharing here first! Picked up Blu Max this afternoon. All financing via Ford Options was perfect and came within a dollar of what I figured out using the spreadsheet shared on this forum. Melissa at Koerner Ford in Syracuse is now ready to handle future Ford EV sales.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York i-g4tS65b-XL

My wife's iPhone photo so not the best. Will get better ones once the weather gets better. Still have a lot of setup to go. The Space Gray interior is gorgeous.
Congrats on picking up Blu Max without any hiccup. I agree the forum was very helpful with acquisition tips.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The weather has really not cooperated this week. Today was cloudy but got this pic with the iPhone.

i-XJqRRGh-L.jpg

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally had my first local Mach-E sighting (other than at the dealership) yesterday after having my car for almost 2 months.

A carbonized gray passed me on my bike on Freeman Rd. Since my original order (before my GB Drop FE) was GC, I wondered if it might be that one.

Anyone here get a CG from West-Herr in Hamburg lately and have it out in Orchard Park on Saturday? I could not tell if it was an FE since I did not register it was an MME till it was past me.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
For those with an EV green pass transferring it, or just edit the letter to your situation, I found this letter boilerplate works well (seven EV PHEV later):

Date nnnnnnn

Name, NY EZ Pass Account No. 2338152
address
address, zip

E-Z Pass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187

Re: Green EZ Pass for Electric Vehicle

Ford Mustang Mach-E (electric battery, electric motor only, no engine)

Dear Customer Service:

If you already have a green pass: I have a green pass (from my last EV/PHEV, year Honda model Clarity PHEV License No. NY HVX 8761 ), EZ pass Tag no. nnnnnnnnnnn. I traded in the Clarity for a new EV, the Ford Mustang Mach-E.

Please approve Green EZ Pass use for my Ford Mustang Mach-E battery electric vehicle (BEV) to EZ pass no. nnnnnnnnn.

Please also add the “Mustang Mach-E” to vehicle types under Ford, at the NY EZ Pass website.

Very truly yours,

Joseph n nnnnnnnn

/s/ nnnnnnn n nnnnnnn

EZ Pass Account No. nnnnnnnnnnn
This is perfect for my situation. I have a Green EZ-Pass for my 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV, too. I thought I could just transfer it online but no Mach-E listed and thought Ford/Other would throw up a red flag. While I still have my Clarity until October, it will not be making any Thruway runs. Will probably put the transponder in the Mach-E for now.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
@Murse-In-Airy brought down his Mach-E's to my local Saturday morning Cars & Coffee held in the Wegmans' parking lot on Route 31 in Clay, NY. Of course, we had to do a family photo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York i-rc2QJVr-XL

Of the cars, of course! ? I know the weather looks bad but it was really very nice and got better as the morning went on.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@Murse-In-Airy brought down his Mach-E's to my local Saturday morning Cars & Coffee held in the Wegmans' parking lot on Route 31 in Clay, NY. Of course, we had to do a family photo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York i-rc2QJVr-XL

Of the cars, of course! ? I know the weather looks bad but it was really very nice and got better as the morning went on.
Going to have to tag @LEvilewoman here too. We had a good time and still so many people wanting to talk. Some would harumph at them and walk away but many more wanted to engage and talk about it and ask questions. Almost didn’t get to wander around and look at the other cars as so many people were asking about ours.

Nkocur

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Very cool to see another Buffalonian on here. I purchased my Mach E from Towne back in February. I've seen an infinite blue in my neighborhood a few times (Snyder) and have also seen a grabber blue on Hertel (I wonder if that could've been yours??). Other than that I have seen people test driving them, but that's about it.
Finally had my first local Mach-E sighting (other than at the dealership) yesterday after having my car for almost 2 months.

A carbonized gray passed me on my bike on Freeman Rd. Since my original order (before my GB Drop FE) was GC, I wondered if it might be that one.

Anyone here get a CG from West-Herr in Hamburg lately and have it out in Orchard Park on Saturday? I could not tell if it was an FE since I did not register it was an MME till it was past me.
Very cool to see another Buffalonian on here. I purchased my Mach E from Towne back in February. I've seen an infinite blue in my neighborhood a few times (Snyder) and have also seen a grabber blue on Hertel (I wonder if that could've been yours??). Other than that I have seen people test driving them, but that's about it.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
@Nkocur, show us some pics! Welcome to the NY Mach-E club!

Nkocur

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
@Nkocur, show us some pics! Welcome to the NY Mach-E club!
Hey Scott,

Here are a few pics. Coincidentally I am originally from the Syracuse area! Small world.

My Mach E - FE was originally someone else's order. My order was for an Infinite Blue Premium but wasn't going to be manufactured until early May... I just received the email that it'll be arriving to the dealership soon. Actively trying to convince my fiance to get it ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York PXL_20210326_110526324.NIGHT
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York PXL_20210430_232127305~2
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York PXL_20210313_132101511.NIGHT~2

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I don't think I have been on Hertel with mine (although that is where my office is - have not been there in months and months). I did see my second one in the wild last week - a Star White pulling out of the MAC on Southwestern Blvd in Orchard Park. Was on my bike for that one too.

Hope to see you out there! You will know it's mine if you see a small IMBA sticker on the rear glass near the wiper.

yeomanse

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just received the email that it'll be arriving to the dealership soon.
Can you do me a huge favor and tip me off which dealership your unused order is going to? I'm having a lot of trouble finding any premiums. You would be my hero if I could pick it up haha
Sponsored