Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Many upstate NY Price Chopper grocery stores have free EV charging stations. I used one this morning at the Rt. 31 store in Clay, NY. They are L2 charges which are fine since it usually takes an hour or more to get groceries there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York IMG_0239.JPG

I like to give my business to those businesses which are supporting electric vehicles.

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR
Anyone obsessively checked tracking and stuff before taking delivery here? My car hit NORFOLK SOUTHERN VOLTZ June 17, est ship time to Long island NY is between7/10 to 7/17, Just being impatient and seeing if anyone had a similar timeline from MO to NY

balataspin

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Escape SEL, 2021 Mach - E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Anyone obsessively checked tracking and stuff before taking delivery here? My car hit NORFOLK SOUTHERN VOLTZ June 17, est ship time to Long island NY is between7/10 to 7/17, Just being impatient and seeing if anyone had a similar timeline from MO to NY

We're train twins! Mine was just outside of Cleveland Monday at 1pm. Waiting for an update from my salesman.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Hi. Same timeline to Hempstead Ford and just got the email in the a.m from Ford that it arrived at the dealer.

jh420

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR
Hi. Same timeline to Hempstead Ford and just got the email in the a.m from Ford that it arrived at the dealer.
I just got the email like 30 mins after posting, did you guys do the online purchase? i opted for this way, it was super easy, im skeptical, it addressed all my concerns, using xplan, trade in amounts, taxes and fees. All settled before i get to the dealer to even see the car

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I just got the email like 30 mins after posting, did you guys do the online purchase? i opted for this way, it was super easy, im skeptical, it addressed all my concerns, using xplan, trade in amounts, taxes and fees. All settled before i get to the dealer to even see the car
I haven’t done that yet but after getting bad vibes from the “salesman” I have been working with the manager who responds with the details about the purchase re xplan, options etc and I will review the contract at himbefore coming in to pick up the car. He has been very good so far. Trust, but verify.

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
I haven’t done that yet but after getting bad vibes from the “salesman” I have been working with the manager who responds with the details about the purchase re xplan, options etc and I will review the contract at himbefore coming in to pick up the car. He has been very good so far. Trust, but verify.
Good luck and let me know if you need any help or information. I went with Ford Options at the dealer without a hitch. Of course the finance guy tried to sell me a couple of bridges, but I declined.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
If you schedule a stop in Skaneateles, New York for shopping, meals, sightseeing/lunch/dinner cruise or just enjoying the lake, there are three L2 EV Connect chargers at the village's town hall parking lot. Rate is $2.50/hour. Only way to start the charging session is via the EV Connect app. Worked like a charm.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York STP_20210704_001

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York STP_20210704_004

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
First DCFC experience at the Herkimer Denny's Electrify America stations off the Thruway. Got a Charge Fault on the first plug using a 350Kw unit. The second plug from the same station worked as advertised with Plug & Charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York IMG_0326.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York IMG_0327.JPG

At only 74% SOC, this was a test run. Got the 80% notification just as I got my breakfast entrée. By the time I finished the meal and returned, the SOC had gotten to 85%.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York IMG_0325.JPG

The app notified me the free Kwh was docked the 11Kwh I received during the session.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Today's adventure was to Taughannock Falls State Park near Ithaca. This is one of my favorite parks to visit for its spectacular waterfall and, now, EV L2 charging via a two plug ChargePoint station.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York ST7_6698

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York ST7_6809

The charging is included with park admission. No added cost. Sucked up 9.5Kwh as we walked the gorge trail to the waterfall and back.