Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Woohoo, just got word, my Red ER-AWD Premium MachE has arrived at the dealer. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Oh man, I can't wait (maybe later today, I'll stop by the dealer and take pictures). It was shipped on 2/18, and then the ETA dates fluctuated from 3/20 to 3/26, then a few days ago, it moved to 5/7 (which got me really depressed), but in some other forums, people were seeing the same ETA date change, but then found out the car was delivered to the dealer within a few days (like me). Last week, my electrician installed a Grizzl-E home ev charger, so I am all set. It is going to be a great weekend.
Congrats and welcome! Don't forget to share some photos with us. Please, share your NY location if you feel comfortable.

My ETA has never wavered from 4/22 (knock on wood!).
Sponsored

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
Congrats. I picked mine up Feb 21 and am enjoying it. Since you are on here, you have probably read about the various glitches owners have experienced. The only one for me was PAAK. I found that it worked after a couple weeks. I used to uses to have my fob and phone so that may have contributed to the issues. What part of NY are you?
And congrats on receiving your car as well. I guess we are all the guinea pigs in testing out the new car, I have been reading the forums quite a bit. I live in the Mid-Hudson Valley around Poughkeepsie. I do have a question. Any issues with your EZ-PASS? I thought I read somewhere the windshield has a protective coating where it might hinder the signal.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
And congrats on receiving your car as well. I guess we are all the guinea pigs in testing out the new car, I have been reading the forums quite a bit. I live in the Mid-Hudson Valley around Poughkeepsie. I do have a question. Any issues with your EZ-PASS? I thought I read somewhere the windshield has a protective coating where it might hinder the signal.
My Clarity has the same type of windshield. The honeycombed black mesh area around the rear view mirror will allow EZ-PASS to work.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
I do not have my new green transponder for the MME yet (you have to send a copy of the registration, so I had to wait for that before I could apply). I have been keeping the transponder from another vehicle in the MME when I need to use the Thruway, and hold it up against the "black dot" area to the left of the rearview mirror when passing the overhead readers. This is apparently the spot to use....I checked my EZPass account and the transponder is being picked up correctly on those trips.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I agree with @stmache with placing the ez pass in the mesh area by the rear view mirror. Prior to that I was not getting charged.

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not have my new green transponder for the MME yet (you have to send a copy of the registration, so I had to wait for that before I could apply). I have been keeping the transponder from another vehicle in the MME when I need to use the Thruway, and hold it up against the "black dot" area to the left of the rearview mirror when passing the overhead readers. This is apparently the spot to use....I checked my EZPass account and the transponder is being picked up correctly on those trips.
Thank you for the information about the green EZ-PASS discount (I did not know they offered that). I will register for one as well.

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hurray, the car is at home. Looks fantastic. Lotsa stares when we had to stop at the local supermarket. Plugged it into my home ev charger, seems to be working OK. Today, get to play with all the bells and whistles. Dealer process went very smooth, signed papers and gave the money all in 15 minutes (had X-Plan pricing, plus they reduced $2K for state energy credit, and $100 for Ford rebate). Surprisingly, they did not even ask about an ESP (though I would have declined). I am very happy with the car (dog likes it too)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E's in New York IMG_1981.JPG

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Mine has arrived! Got the Call this morning.

Now the fun begins as the finance person had no idea what Ford Options was all about when I first contacted her at the beginning of the month. I sent her links and documents which had been shared on this forum but never heard back. I told the salesman today that is what I am using to finance.

The Dealership is highly motivated because, if the sale is completed by end of business tomorrow, it still counts for their April sales. I'll see how motivated they really are as I can wait until the numbers are correct.

Meanwhile, my wife and I get to inspect and test drive it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers some of the defects that have been reported by others are not found.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

Now the fun begins as the finance person had no idea what Ford Options was all about when I first contacted her at the beginning of the month. I sent her links and documents which had been shared on this forum but never heard back. I told the salesman today that is what I am using to finance.

The Dealership is highly motivated because, if the sale is completed by end of business tomorrow, it still counts for their April sales. I'll see how motivated they really are as I can wait until the numbers are correct.

Meanwhile, my wife and I get to inspect and test drive it tomorrow. Crossing my fingers some of the defects that have been reported by others are not found.
Congrats on this great news. I am sure that with all the advance discussions and education, you should be able to close the deal in one day. It took me less than an hour to go through the process, although i waited 2 hours for them to top off the battery and clean/prep my car.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Congrats, Scott! The long wait is finally over!

Hope to see you out somewhere once things start to normalize.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For NY people - I wanted to tell you about my adventures with EZ-Pass for the MME.

NY EZ-Pass offers a green (colored) transponder for vehicles meeting certain low emission criteria (California SULEV, but the MME would seem to qualify based on a number of BEVs like the I-Pace making the list). They give you a 10% discount for all Thruway tolls, not sure about bridges. It is called the Green Pass Plan.

I talked to an EZ-Pass rep about what was required, they told me to add the MME (plate) to my online account and then send a copy of the registration to their service center, and the green transponder would be sent. I could not do this for several weeks until I actually received the registration in the mail. I sent the info on 3/15.

Aside: I have 4 transponders on my account. A few days ago, they decided that a couple of my transponders were old enough that they wanted to replace them, so they sent me two new ones. I swapped them out and sent the old ones back in the postage-paid envelope they provided.

Yesterday, I decided that it was time to ask why I had not received my new green transponder (getting tired of grabbing one from another car every time I used the Thruway toll sections). After the customary 30 minute wait, I explained my situation to the rep, who looked at my account and told me that my request was denied and I should have received a letter dated 4/1 to that effect. No letter, but the reason stated was that the MME was not on the list of approved vehicles. On the EZ-Pass site, the Green Pass page has a link to eligible vehicles, which takes you to a NYS DOT page for Clean Pass vehicles. Looks like Clean Pass is a sticker for HOV use on the LIE. The page appears to have been without any updates since 2019. A supervisor confirmed that was the correct list, and EZ-Pass had no way of adding/editing that list. So until they decide to update the lists, we are out of luck.

I did submit a query to NYS DOT regarding their apparently stale list, the response was pretty underwhelming and does not really address my question. This may be a canned reply.

Comment: Apparently NY EZ-Pass is using the Clean Pass list to determine eligibility for Green EZ-Pass transponders. They link to the Clean Pass list from their Green Pass page https://www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/greentag.html. I purchased a 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E and cannot get the Green tag because it's not on your list. This list contains no 2021 vehicles and appears to have been static since 2019. Any chance the list will be updated soon? Thanks!
****************************************************************************************
Please know if you apply online, DMV should still issue the sticker. The three agencies that oversee the Clean Pass program, New York State DOT, NYSDMV, and NYSDEC were reviewing the 2020 and 2021 models to make a determination about qualification, however that process has been put on hold for the foreseeable future. At this point, I don’t have any information on when that information will be released, or which vehicles will be on the list. Once that information is released, any new vehicles that are added to the list will be displayed on both NYSDOT and NYSDMV’s website.

So.

I then asked the rep if I could just add a regular transponder to my account for the MME, and swap it out for a green one if/when the MME ever made the list. She said sure, but when she looked at my account, she stated that I had 6 transponders already, and you are only allowed four plus an exception (motorcycles and low emission vehicles being exceptions). I explained that I really only had four since two were on the way back to them after they sent them to me unsolicited. Since the MME would be an exception, I could get a fifth transponder on my account, right? Wrong. Since the MME is not on the list, it cannot be an exception. Sigh.

So then I asked if I needed to create a second account to get the 5th transponder, she decided yes, that was the only way. When I asked her to go ahead and do that, you guessed it, they don't open accounts on the phone.

I had to go through the online new account process and provide the billing card information, as though I was a completely new customer. I did get a confirmation and a 5-7 day delivery expectation, though, so I have that going for me.

In the course of my conversation with the supervisor, he stated that low emission vehicles are *not* actually exceptions, only things like motorcycles, so the MME would not qualify as an exception for transponder#5 even if the MME was on the list.

Hopefully my journey through the NYS bureaucracy will save some of you some pain.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For NY people - I wanted to tell you about my adventures with EZ-Pass for the MME. ...
Hopefully my journey through the NYS bureaucracy will save some of you some pain.
Hey Jeff, your situation sounds way more complicated than mine, but if it does not sort out soon, consider sending a letter to NY EZ Pass. I've called, FAX'd, and finally found that a letter works best except for things more easily done on the account web page.

Too many EVs later, I already had a green pass. In the past, most times I told them about a new EV or PHEV, it got added to the list in short order. Maybe staff is down during COVID, or this one might be super confusing to them, because Mustang is already on the list (and most everyone knows that a Mustang is not an EV :) )

For those with an EV green pass transferring it, or just edit the letter to your situation, I found this letter boilerplate works well (seven EV PHEV later):

Date nnnnnnn

Name, NY EZ Pass Account No. nnnnnnnn
address
address, zip

E-Z Pass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187

Re: Green EZ Pass for Electric Vehicle

Ford Mustang Mach-E (electric battery, electric motor only, no engine)

Dear Customer Service:

If you already have a green pass: I have a green pass (from my last EV/PHEV, year Honda model Clarity PHEV License No. NY nnn nnnn), EZ pass no. nnnnnnnnnnn. I traded in the Clarity for a new EV, the Mustang Mach-E.

Please approve Green EZ Pass use for my Ford Mustang Mach-E battery electric vehicle (BEV) to EZ pass no. nnnnnnnnn.

Please also add the “Mustang Mach-E” to vehicle types under Ford, at the NY EZ Pass website.

Very truly yours,

Joseph n nnnnnnnn

/s/ nnnnnnn n nnnnnnn

EZ Pass Account No. nnnnnnnnnnn

Last edited:

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
NY added Mach-E to the NYSERDA list. As of May 1, there are only 7 MME sold in NY? [Later afternoon, it's updated to 53 now]

not including FCTP demos, probably tens if not hundreds of those FCTP MME in NY.

Drive Clean Rebate Primary Statistics

How the Drive Clean Rebate Works (MME now listed, I think it's been there for at least a few weeks now)

May 8, 2021, only up to 54 in NYS. Upper right, you can check and uncheck "all", then look county by county. Not sure about adjacent counties, but for Syracuse and Utica, looks one MME each, four MME in buffalo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Congrats, Scott! The long wait is finally over!

Hope to see you out somewhere once things start to normalize.
Weeeellllll...I got to drive it, my wife got to drive it, I went over it and it looks clean with no blemishes including the roof glass. I had previously driven their AWD Premium ER but I found the RWD Premium ER still packs a fun punch. Just not as fast to 60 but fast enough.

The finance person was a bit unsure if she had the Ford Options correct. Once we went over the numbers she was very close to mine. She has a meeting with her regional Ford finance rep on Monday to go over it to make sure she did everything right by Ford. If that goes well, I should be picking it up on Tuesday.

I do have one question for those who have already gotten their Mach-E's. Does the NYS EV Rebate come off before sales tax is calculated?
Sponsored