David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Country flag
We've only seen 3 or 4 Mach Es on the road since we got our's in March.
Wondering if there are others up here as well.
Sponsored

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
I'm in south central Lake County and visit Highland Park every 2 weeks. I've only seen 2-3 MME's since I got mine in March, not counting the 2 visits I made to nearby owners while testing out my mobile charger before the patch came to fix the charging issue in April.

Ck.anderson

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e premium AWD Ext.
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Up in Gurnee. We have two Mach-E’s on my street!

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
For as many that are selling near me in NJ. I have only seen 2 on the road. And I dont have mine yet. I have a looong wait.

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just got one. Live in Wilmette. Neighbor one street over has had one for several months (maybe longer).

A76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD Extended Range MME Premium
Country flag
I have one just West of Gurnee as well. IBM AWDx

I also just turned down my pre-order at Kunes in Antioch for an Orange non-PE GT AWDx. I love my Premium enough. Someone else will be driving that one around soon too! :)

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Has anyone gone to a dealership for service yet? My dealership's service department was very weird when I called to get my door modules updated to stop the random alarms. They told me that the MachE was a tough car to work on and that they'd need it for over a day and then told me that they couldn't do anything for me right now because Ford had paused all updates and said to call back in a month. I'm looking for a better option. I normally go to my Lincoln Mercury Quicklane for service but they are not EV certified yet.

OP
OP

DMWARD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Country flag
Has anyone gone to a dealership for service yet? My dealership's service department was very weird when I called to get my door modules updated to stop the random alarms. They told me that the MachE was a tough car to work on and that they'd need it for over a day and then told me that they couldn't do anything for me right now because Ford had paused all updates and said to call back in a month. I'm looking for a better option. I normally go to my Lincoln Mercury Quicklane for service but they are not EV certified yet.
Which dealer?
We've had good luck with Bredermann Ford on Waukegan Road in Glenview.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Which dealer?
We've had good luck with Bredermann Ford on Waukegan Road in Glenview.
Napleton in Libertyville

I was going to try Bredermann. Have you used them for service on your MachE yet?

OP
OP

DMWARD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Country flag
We've had the Mach E at Bredermann a couple of times for service bulletin work.
They seem knowledgeable and got things done within a reasonable time.

We got our Mach E at Napleton in Libertyville. Never took it back for service since there were other dealers closer.

First service bulletin was done at Highland Park Ford. Wasn't impressed with them.
Bredermann last three times it's needed attention.

Alex was service administrator. Nice guy.

Reactions: njb

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
We've had the Mach E at Bredermann a couple of times for service bulletin work.
They seem knowledgeable and got things done within a reasonable time.

We got our Mach E at Napleton in Libertyville. Never took it back for service since there were other dealers closer.

First service bulletin was done at Highland Park Ford. Wasn't impressed with them.
Bredermann last three times it's needed attention.

Alex was service administrator. Nice guy.

Thank you for the recommendation. I took my MachE to Bredermann and they handled the service professionally and with no issues and even charged my car for me. I will go there again if I need service even though it's a bit of a haul for me.

OP
OP

DMWARD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Country flag
Glad to hear Bredermann worked for you.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I bought one of the first, if not *the* first Mach-E that Bredemann ever sold a couple of years back. I continued to go to them for service for the first year or so, but they started ignoring my appointment times and giving me the run-around on a number of service issues, so I stopped going there and have had nothing but truly amazing customer service experiences at Fox Ford in Chicago. I really liked my salesman at Bredemann (Danny), but the service department left a ton to be desired. I had hoped to buy the F-150 Lightning I got from Bredemann, but I was able to buy a cancelled order sooner from a dealership down near Peoria and have it delivered up here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DMWARD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Country flag
Thanks for the information.
We got our Mach E from Napoleon in northwest suburbs.
Way too far for service.
We've been using Bredemann for the last couple of service bulletins and had good luck.

Good to know about Fox as an alternative.

How do you like the Lightening? It sounds like a really great vehicle, particularly the way it's configured for providing power to electrical devices, and your house in a pinch.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Thanks for the information.
We got our Mach E from Napoleon in northwest suburbs.
Way too far for service.
We've been using Bredemann for the last couple of service bulletins and had good luck.

Good to know about Fox as an alternative.

How do you like the Lightening? It sounds like a really great vehicle, particularly the way it's configured for providing power to electrical devices, and your house in a pinch.
I love my Lightning! It is everything that I wish that the Mach-E had been, especially when it comes to the comfort of the ride. Build quality seems better and the ride is no nearly as harsh (I started the never-ending thread about the bouncy harsh ride on these forums some time ago and sadly the ride quality of the Mach-E has just never improved). Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the Mach-E and find it to be the nicest looking car on the road today and still love driving it for the most part, but the Lightning is my new favorite for sure. Since I live in the city, we drive the Mach-E most of the time mostly because it is easier to find parking for when we are out and about, but the truck is great for hauling stuff to our place in Door County, WI and it will really come in handy now that we are approaching travel baseball season for my son and packing all the stuff we need for baseball weekend tournaments into the Mach-E with our 140 lb. dog and the three of us proved challenging at times. Even though we have the Charge Station Pro that came with our truck, we have not purchased and hooked up all the other stuff necessary to provide electricity back to the house in the event of power outages, as that would run probably close to $10,000 or so to do, but we may install it all at our place in Wisconsin, as power outages are much more common there than they are here in the city.
Sponsored