Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Still won't get the tax rebate because of what the sticker says though.
So until Ford re-prints new window stickers for in production vehicles, the ones that got the higher price window stickers and have left the factory are screwed ??
Sponsored

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
So, those of us that picked theirs up on 12/30 are SOL. I can't believe they wouldn't do it for all
2023's since they didn't start even buiding them until November. How many could've been delivered
before January 1st?
$1500 + I've been driving it all this time. It's disappointing that it reads like they raised prices to take advantage of the tax rebate for the 2023MY but I kind of figured that is why they raised the price. It would be a fantastic good will gesture to give all 2023MY purchasers back the difference. They have been talking about increasing production this year for awhile so that is nothing new. And they still don't seem to have their act together servicing and bug fixing software for this car and the 2023 cars lost some functionality in the transition (like hands free lift gate and park assist, which even my 2014 Explorer has park assist 🤷 ). But I don't see that happening.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
So until Ford re-prints new window stickers for in production vehicles, the ones that got the higher price window stickers and have left the factory are screwed ??
If only they had a way to update the numbers on a window sticker and reprint it prior to sale!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I doubt whats printed on the sticker has anything to do with the tax credit qualification. I’d think that the MSRP as-purchased gets communicated to the IRS by the dealer in their required submission.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I doubt whats printed on the sticker has anything to do with the tax credit qualification. I’d think that the MSRP as-purchased gets communicated to the IRS by the dealer in their required submission.
My guess is that it done via VIN. I had to supply my VIN for my 2022 (pre-IRA) tax rebate, so I suspect that Ford provides the IRS a way to check on the MSRP via the VIN. So that way they could retroactively allow their (newly qualifying) customers to get the tax credit. At least I hope that's the case for those that have already purchased 2023's before the price drop. (I have to imagine there has been some mad scrambling between Ford and the IRS in recent weeks!)

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
The route 1 which competes with model y does not qualify for the $7500 credit.What are you doing Ford???? Model Y long range with AWD and over 300 miles = $45,000 after $7500 govt rebate. Mach E Route 1 with similar spec = $57,000. Ford math is retarded. Lol. Nothing will change until Ford can do basic math.
I paid 53k for my 2022 CR1 and I think it was an okay price (especially since I got the rebate). I don't think that car should be worth more than 55-56k IMO. MAYBE if they fix the software on it, but other than that it's just a nice looking car with okay specs (bordering on meh specs when you look at the competition in that price range). It's almost laughable they had the GT at 70k.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I paid 53k for my 2022 CR1 and I think it was an okay price (especially since I got the rebate). I don't think that car should be worth more than 55-56k IMO. MAYBE if they fix the software on it, but other than that it's just a nice looking car with okay specs (bordering on meh specs when you look at the competition in that price range). It's almost laughable they had the GT at 70k.
Agree!

My reinvoiced incoming '23 MME is $52,295.

So I will get the $6500 PCO, and $2000 Ford Options on my contract.

Then after the sale, $2000 state rebate + $7500 federal tax credit.

Net cost before TTL: $34K.

Now that's a deal !

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Hopefully they redo window stickers. MSRP is based off sticker for tax credit purposes, not price paid.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
$1500 + I've been driving it all this time. It's disappointing that it reads like they raised prices to take advantage of the tax rebate for the 2023MY but I kind of figured that is why they raised the price. It would be a fantastic good will gesture to give all 2023MY purchasers back the difference. They have been talking about increasing production this year for awhile so that is nothing new. And they still don't seem to have their act together servicing and bug fixing software for this car and the 2023 cars lost some functionality in the transition (like hands free lift gate and park assist, which even my 2014 Explorer has park assist 🤷 ). But I don't see that happening.
I bought my GTPE about a week ago, it’s the people like me who didn’t qualify for the tax credit who would have been truly SOL, and luckily Ford is refunding the difference. Unlike another American automaker that starts with a T.

Anyways, you really are coming out farther ahead than anyone who purchased after 1/1/23 because your tax credit ($7500) is a lot more than any of these price decreases. If you want to trade situations and send me (at absolute minimum) a $600 check I’ll give you my Zelle right now.

tdmeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Select AWD C/T
Country flag
Thank the automaker that starts with a T that we’re even seeing any of these price cuts. I’d take an 2022 end of the year 2023 mme gt with the tax credit any day.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Thank the automaker that starts with a T that we’re even seeing any of these price cuts. I’d take an 2022 end of the year 2023 mme gt with the tax credit any day.
Where is yours ?

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Agree!

My reinvoiced incoming '23 MME is $52,295.

So I will get the $6500 PCO, and $2000 Ford Options on my contract.

Then after the sale, $2000 state rebate + $7500 federal tax credit.

Net cost before TTL: $34K.

Now that's a deal !

Wouldn't the PCO be adjusted since the '23 price isn't as high anymore?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Wouldn't the PCO be adjusted since the '23 price isn't as high anymore?
Based on others who have used their full PCO on their recent '23 deliveries, both dealers & Ford Motor Co said Ford will send price drop checks direct to the customer.

I would expect both PCO and price drops as they come from different buckets.

PCO was a certificate tied to the original order for '22-'23 transition customers while the price drop is an MSRP drop.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
Hopefully they redo window stickers. MSRP is based off sticker for tax credit purposes, not price paid.
Your record of MSRP is on your sales contract. The window sticker is not the governing document.