MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Anyone take order between 1/1 and this announcement? Will be interesting to see how the process of refund goes down
Sponsored

Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e 2023
Country flag
So just to be clear, if we purchased the vehicle before 1/1/2023, we do not get compensated for the price reduction right?

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
So just to be clear, if we purchased the vehicle before 1/1/2023, we do not get compensated for the price reduction right?
No, but as long as you have sufficient tax liability you do qualify for the $7500 tax credit which is more than the price reduction. Purchasers after 1/1/2023 need to be below an income level AND the MME needs to be below $55k msrp to get any tax credit.

Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e 2023
Country flag
Thank you for the clarification.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
My window sticker is still not up with the new lower pricing!

Why is that dealers who have lot vehicles have gotten theirs ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's purchased after 1/1/23 will get the new reduced pricing (per Ford's Mike Levine) Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 11.14.57 AM

dmac1418

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E '23 Premium SR RWD
Country flag
My window sticker is still not up with the new lower pricing!

Why is that dealers who have lot vehicles have gotten theirs ?

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 11.14.57 AM.png
Mine became available again still with the original price.

Probably something to do with the cars being in a un-sold vs sold status.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Asked my dealer and they said Ford will contact me directly, it has nothing to do with dealers.
Can you please *promise* to update us when you hear anything? I bought my GTPE about a week ago and my dealer is definitely not going to be forthcoming about any refund, glad it’s going to come straight from Ford.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my '23 Premium yesterday. I had spoken to my salesperson the day before making sure he was aware of the recent price change and that Ford had stated customers would now get the new price when they took delivery. He was unaware and said he would have to review with the GM.

When I got there I brought it up again because I noticed the window sticker on the vehicle was still the original sticker and not the one with revised pricing. I had printed out both window stickers from Ford.com and brought them with me along with a printout of the press release. I spoke with GM and he claimed he had not seen this before and that they would have to charge me their invoice pricing and Ford would then contact me to get me a refund under the price protection plan. I explained that this was not how it was noted in the press release and that what he was describing was how it was supposed to be handled for customers that had already purchased their Mach-E's in 23 before the adjusted pricing came out.

To the Dealership GM and salesperson's credit they were both very professional and listened to it all. GM then logged in to system while I was there and was able to see new invoice that Ford had issued them the night before changing the pricing to the lower levels. He then printed that out and had the salesperson take that back to the Finance manager to adjust the paperwork. They also confirmed I was still getting my locked in finance rate from when I placed the order which was much lower than today's' rates.

It was a great experience and reminded me why I use this dealership to begin with and not the ones that are closer to my house.

Only one day with Mach-e so far but I love it. Only have it for one more day before I lose it for a week while it gets paint correction, ppf, ceramic, interior protection and window tinting. Gonna be a long week in the rental lol.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Picked up my '23 Premium yesterday. I had spoken to my salesperson the day before making sure he was aware of the recent price change and that Ford had stated customers would now get the new price when they took delivery. He was unaware and said he would have to review with the GM.

When I got there I brought it up again because I noticed the window sticker on the vehicle was still the original sticker and not the one with revised pricing. I had printed out both window stickers from Ford.com and brought them with me along with a printout of the press release. I spoke with GM and he claimed he had not seen this before and that they would have to charge me their invoice pricing and Ford would then contact me to get me a refund under the price protection plan. I explained that this was not how it was noted in the press release and that what he was describing was how it was supposed to be handled for customers that had already purchased their Mach-E's in 23 before the adjusted pricing came out.

To the Dealership GM and salesperson's credit they were both very professional and listened to it all. GM then logged in to system while I was there and was able to see new invoice that Ford had issued them the night before changing the pricing to the lower levels. He then printed that out and had the salesperson take that back to the Finance manager to adjust the paperwork. They also confirmed I was still getting my locked in finance rate from when I placed the order which was much lower than today's' rates.

It was a great experience and reminded me why I use this dealership to begin with and not the ones that are closer to my house.

Only one day with Mach-e so far but I love it. Only have it for one more day before I lose it for a week while it gets paint correction, ppf, ceramic, interior protection and window tinting. Gonna be a long week in the rental lol.
Congrats!

Yesterday, i test drove for the first time, Premium 4xE on the dealer's lot and noticed the old window sticker too.

Love the sporty feel of the MME compared to my Lightning.

When I asked the sales manager, he said he has the new window stickers for all their MME on lot.
He said the new invoice pricing was received earlier in the week.
I go to help the salesperson change out the window sticker.
Could not pay their ADM though.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E's purchased after 1/1/23 will get the new reduced pricing (per Ford's Mike Levine) IMG_0140.JPG

DTLinSB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Country flag
I picked my Premium, extended-range, red MME up on January 2nd, but I could have picked it up on December 31st!!

I have been riding this rollercoaster, but as of this morning, it appears I now receive the best of both worlds!!

Ford promised I'd get the $3,600 + $1,600 lower price and the IRS just changed the MME back to crossover sticker which should mean another $7,500.

I'll repost when I hear anything from Ford on the $5,200!!

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I picked my Premium, extended-range, red MME up on January 2nd, but I could have picked it up on December 31st!!

I have been riding this rollercoaster, but as of this morning, it appears I now receive the best of both worlds!!

Ford promised I'd get the $3,600 + $1,600 lower price and the IRS just changed the MME back to crossover sticker which should mean another $7,500.

I'll repost when I hear anything from Ford on the $5,200!!
Very nice timing!

Congrats.

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
No, but as long as you have sufficient tax liability you do qualify for the $7500 tax credit which is more than the price reduction. Purchasers after 1/1/2023 need to be below an income level AND the MME needs to be below $55k msrp to get any tax credit.
And just like that this is no longer correct.
Now 2023 buyers get the reduced price and the tax credit.

Pretty sure this means people that bought at the end of 2022 got screwed.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
And just like that this is no longer correct.
Now 2023 buyers get the reduced price and the tax credit.

Pretty sure this means people that bought at the end of 2022 got screwed.
How did they get screwed ?

If I got mine in 2022, I'd be happier even without the price reduction refund.
Here's why:
No income cap
No MSRP max
Full tax credit available as a refund this month

But since mine won't get here till whenever:
Income cap
MSRP max $80K
Full if before IRS March ruling, half or none after IRS rules
Credit claimed next year.
Sponsored