Kalea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E 2022
Occupation
Communications
Country flag
I got my Mach-E in May and it has always charged to 261/262 miles consistently at 100%. All of a sudden, its 100% max is 221. Any idea what could have happened? Is it part of these dreadful updates that have also completely thrown my CarPlay and PAAK out of whack?
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Cold(er) weather? Change in driving routes? Need a lot more information. A cold battery pack can cause this.

OP
OP

Kaleadunk

First Name
Kalea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E 2022
Occupation
Communications
Country flag
Cold(er) weather? Change in driving routes? Need a lot more information. A cold battery pack can cause this.
I live in LA, and while it has been cold by our standards overnight (43 degrees), that doesn’t seem enough to cause this decline, but perhaps I’m wrong? Nothing else- driving routes, frequency of driving, etc- has changed at all.

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag
It's Santa. He moved on from reindeer and needs to borrow battery power from EVs around the world to power his new electric sleigh.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I live in LA, and while it has been cold by our standards overnight (43 degrees), that doesn’t seem enough to cause this decline, but perhaps I’m wrong? Nothing else- driving routes, frequency of driving, etc- has changed at all.
Imagine what your range would be if it, gasp, dropped to 20? Hint (about 180).

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Imagine what your range would be if it, gasp, dropped to 20? Hint (about 180).
That’s if it’s an ER……;)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Same here - no cold weather effects in So Cal.

Overnight temps in the 50's and highs in the 70-80 degree range during the day.

Same drive 5 days a week - commuting in heavy traffic (next week will be alot less due to holiday week).

Still getting 15% over EPA range on my SR Lightning.
Expect my SR MME (12/5 build week) will fare the same...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mache-E Range Dropped All of a Sudden IMG_9771.JPG

thinkrama

First Name
Rama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I got my Mach-E in May and it has always charged to 261/262 miles consistently at 100%. All of a sudden, its 100% max is 221. Any idea what could have happened? Is it part of these dreadful updates that have also completely thrown my CarPlay and PAAK out of whack?
I had exactly the same mileage at 100%, car was outside whole night and temperature was less than 32 F in MD. Asked one of the Ford Sales rep who drives Mach E GT as well and he mentioned that it is due to Cold weather/Cold Battery and was very confident that the 221 would not drop(all things considered) any further as I was going on a 150 mile trip. I was surprised to see the drop from 260+ to 221 on 100% charge but was very happy that after my 160 mile drive, I still had 66 miles left. Still learning about the GOM - about 1 month old :)

IMG-20221117-WA0018.jpeg

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Yeah as to the mention earlier that it's only getting to 40 or so, keep in mind that the range noted is just an estimate and it's basing it on a number of factors. One of those can be temperature and if you are running your HVAC system and requesting 70 degree air and the outdoor temp is below that, it has to run an electric heater and those are power monsters.

So the estimates drop, even if the outdoor temp was in the 50s, if it has to run the heater it consumes a good deal of energy. The battery also likes to be warmer, so it may need to run the heater for the battery even if you don't use it for yourself.

With that in mind, the drop you are seeing is normal, just keep in mind if it says 220 miles and it's 40 outside, but it gets to 75 mid-day, if you did nothing else, your range would probably go up to 270 or 290 or whatever, even though you didn't charge it or change anything. It's just estimating based on a number of factors both past and present.

So in general don't worry about it too much unless you are going on a long road trip and are trying to determine charging stops. Then it becomes more important to worry if you are going to get 180 miles in cold weather or 240 in warm.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
yes, that is enough to cause the RANGE ESTIMATOR to lower the range GUESS. If you do indeed drive in 43 degrees the actual mi/kwh will be a little less than what you saw at 70 degrees.

there are at least a half dozen active threads complaining about it
Sponsored