Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This is truly helpful. Thank you so much for this detailed response. I am new to EV driving, obviously, and though I tried to find answers to this question online before I came to the forum, I didn't see anything that was explaining it. I also tried searching here, but must have put the incorrect search terms in because nothing was coming up- even though it appears from this thread there are a ton. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the nuances of the situation!
Use the google search to find things on the forum, the regular search is basically useless. It still searches forum posts but actually gives decent resul

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mache-E Range Dropped All of a Sudden 1668818591363
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I always loved the 911 fuels gauges - 1/4 - 2/4 - 3/4 - 4/4. I guess German engineers don't like reducing fractions...
Jawol! Und you will like it! 😊🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I got my Mach-E in May and it has always charged to 261/262 miles consistently at 100%. All of a sudden, its 100% max is 221. Any idea what could have happened? Is it part of these dreadful updates that have also completely thrown my CarPlay and PAAK out of whack?
Someone is siphoning electrons out of your battery. You need to get a locking charge cap.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
FYI, there are 2 sticky threads in the "Batteries and Charging" forum that have tons of detail in them:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mache-E Range Dropped All of a Sudden 1668865110701

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
It is interesting that every fall we get the same questions on range. 1) Pre-Condition! It's not for your comfort as much as it's for the battery to be warmed up. And yes, the GOM will show more distance. 2)Use seat and wheel heat. Also set the heat on auto with 1 led showing at your normal comfort temp. The higher the fan run's, the more power used.
Every new owner of an EV will have range anxiety. Especially if the buy the car in the late summer and then cold weather comes. Instead of a month or two, it increases to several months. Don't panic, you're on the leading edge of this technology and will soon be sharing the knowledge with others.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
I live in LA, and while it has been cold by our standards overnight (43 degrees), that doesn’t seem enough to cause this decline, but perhaps I’m wrong? Nothing else- driving routes, frequency of driving, etc- has changed at all.
We live in Agoura Hills and GOM is showing 25% hit compared to warmer weather . The GOM I’m the MachE is just bad, and Lea self compared to our a Etron. This is primarily my wife’s car and she only does shirt trips of 10 miles or less. I wouldn’t worry about it.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

Moe-stang

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I had the exact same experience with the range drop; reduced by 36% almost overnight. I was certain it was because of a software update, but reading all the posts about winter, cold weather, "EV sucks in winter", etc., decided to wait until Spring! 😅

RaineN

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I live in LA, and while it has been cold by our standards overnight (43 degrees), that doesn’t seem enough to cause this decline, but perhaps I’m wrong? Nothing else- driving routes, frequency of driving, etc- has changed at all.
I live in Houston, and I’ve noticed the same thing. My best mileage over the summer at 85% was in the 285 range, but with the cooler temperatures 85% is only 219. I tend to agree that it’s most likely the cooler temperatures dropping from 80s and 90s down to the 50s and 60s.

Sunlessinseattle

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order mach e, 2022, gt
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mache-E Range Dropped All of a Sudden 20221126_121756

It was in the mid 40s....freaked me out to see low miles. We are a week into the EV world...

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
You're in LA? Probably a homeless battery thief took some of your battery. It's worth more than a catalytic converter now.

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
20221126_121756.jpg

It was in the mid 40s....freaked me out to see low miles. We are a week into the EV world...
Once you start driving you'll find the guessometer doesn't go down much. I focus on mi/kw estimate and go by how much battery % i have remaining. Battery percentage (0.80) x battery size (92kw) x mi/kw = more accurate range estimate if you know your conditions along the route. Obviously heading up Steven's Pass will blow up your mi/kw if you've been driving on the mostly flat I5 all day.

Last edited: