MachE - Ford Co-Pilot - Glass roof required?

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I have a MachE on order and after hearing a few stories about the breaking of glass roofs, decided to change to a hard-top roof. When I looked at this on Ford's website, it looks like you are unable to order the Ford co-pilot Active 2.0/360 camera unless you have the glass roof. Is this true - that you can't have one without the other or is this a glitch in Ford's ordering website?

thanks!
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This is true. I needed a metal roof on my GT-PE, so I could not opt for the Active system. Not like I miss it anyhow since I like to drive. 🤪🐩

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I have a MachE on order and after hearing a few stories about the breaking of glass roofs, decided to change to a hard-top roof. When I looked at this on Ford's website, it looks like you are unable to order the Ford co-pilot Active 2.0/360 camera unless you have the glass roof. Is this true - that you can't have one without the other or is this a glitch in Ford's ordering website?

thanks!
I can't speak for GT's but I know you can with a Select! (Select + Comfort/Tech = metal roof plus Ford co-pilot Active 2.0/360 camera/Blue Cruise)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is true. I needed a metal roof on my GT-PE, so I could not opt for the Active system. Not like I miss it anyhow since I like to drive. 🤪🐩
I can't speak for GT's but I know you can with a Select! (Select + Comfort/Tech = metal roof plus Ford co-pilot Active 2.0/360 camera/Blue Cruise)
THIS

If you are ordering a GT, then you need the glass roof in order to get the copilot 360/bluecruise. The only model with a metal roof AND copilot 360/bluecruise is the select with comfort/tech package. The select with comfort/appearance does not get copilot360/bluecruise, and the california route 1 and premium only come with glass roof.

As for damage to the glass roof, you are hearing the few stories of people whose roofs got damaged but that is a small fraction of the glass roofs out there.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yeah, you can get the Select with Tech package but the select will only have Standard Battery. If you want Extended Range battery, then you do not have the option of metal roof. The glass roof is the exact reason I got Select with Tech package because I did Not want the glass roof.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
THIS

If you are ordering a GT, then you need the glass roof in order to get the copilot 360/bluecruise. The only model with a metal roof AND copilot 360/bluecruise is the select with comfort/tech package. The select with comfort/appearance does not get copilot360/bluecruise, and the california route 1 and premium only come with glass roof.

As for damage to the glass roof, you are hearing the few stories of people whose roofs got damaged but that is a small fraction of the glass roofs out there.
What a weird quirk in the trim options. Kind of like how the CaRt1 randomly doesn't have a power lift gate.

OP
OP
jeffvick2005

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Yes, I have the GT on order. I didn't care for the glass roof (lots of rocks here in UT between ongoing construction and winter driving which seems to bring on rocks) and was lukewarm on the self driving and 360 camera. I think I'll remove both and save a few bucks. Thanks!
Sponsored