Mache on turo here we go.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
So glad you posted this, I just booked it! Turns out the guy lives like 15 blocks from me haha. Can't wait to be able to test it out cuz we haven't ordered a MME yet, wanted to wait until we had a chance to test drive it...but 2 days in this will be a much better and realistic test drive experience to help us decide if we really want it. I don't mind paying out of pocket for that. 20 minute test drives just don't help me get a true feel for if the vehicle will work for us, so this will be perfect.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
that was FAST

the car and the listing ?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's one way to subsidize the car payment (or a good biz). I would never allow anyone else to drive my baby. Even question if I should allow the wife to drive it. ?

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I chatted with the owner after booking...it's not his only vehicle, and he pre-ordered a MME that hasn't been delivered yet but also called every dealership in town a few weeks ago and asked them to call him if a deal falls through on one in stock, and one of them called him a few days ago on a red FE so he grabbed that one. So I called the same dealer he got his from and asked them to call me if another falls through...the rep told me deals are falling through more than usual because of COVID... some people who had the means to buy the MME when orders started don't anymore due to pandemic so they're declining delivery now.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
That's one way to subsidize the car payment (or a good biz). I would never allow anyone else to drive my baby. Even question if I should allow the wife to drive it. ?
Haha good point. Interesting note: I actually called my insurance (State Farm) and they said I'm fully covered on Turo if I rent someone else's car but not if I rent my car out on Turo.

Reactions: ARK

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I chatted with the owner after booking...it's not his only vehicle, and he pre-ordered a MME that hasn't been delivered yet but also called every dealership in town a few weeks ago and asked them to call him if a deal falls through on one in stock, and one of them called him a few days ago on a red FE so he grabbed that one. So I called the same dealer he got his from and asked them to call me if another falls through...the rep told me deals are falling through more than usual because of COVID... some people who had the means to buy the MME when orders started don't anymore due to pandemic so they're declining delivery now.
To be expected and opens an opportunity for those that did not pre-order.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Just reporting back that the rental experience for this MME was excellent. Owner is great and makes the whole process super easy. Vehicle was brand new (obviously) and allowed me to basically have a 2 day test drive to make sure everything met my needs. It solidified my opinion that this is a great vehicle and helped me decide to buy one today.
Sponsored