MachE Owners... what are the must have accessories?

smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ExRWD (DMG), Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi MachE Forum! Needless to say I'm beyond enthused to be getting my MachE in 3ish months (production week of 10/18) while I wait is there anything you'd recommend looking into purchasing to make the experience all the better? I'll start off below with some tips I've found by watching YouTubers:

1. Tesla to J1772 while this wont work with superchargers your area might have a lot of tesla high powered connectors or destination chargers in which case this may be useful!
2. Camping Mattress for those who want to be able to camp in their car I saw this and it looks pretty neat - especially with the moonroof!

That's all I got! I've seen wraps and some things on Etsy but if there is anything that is functional that's made your lives easier post them below!
Sponsored

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Hi MachE Forum! Needless to say I'm beyond enthused to be getting my MachE in 3ish months (production week of 10/18) while I wait is there anything you'd recommend looking into purchasing to make the experience all the better? I'll start off below with some tips I've found by watching YouTubers:

1. Tesla to J1772 while this wont work with superchargers your area might have a lot of tesla high powered connectors or destination chargers in which case this may be useful!
2. Camping Mattress for those who want to be able to camp in their car I saw this and it looks pretty neat - especially with the moonroof!

That's all I got! I've seen wraps and some things on Etsy but if there is anything that is functional that's made your lives easier post them below!
I have the original Tesla Tap adapter: http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17

I discovered the Lectron doesn't always work with a Tesla destination charger. Then I found out that Tesla destination chargers have a J1772 compatibility mode that can be disabled. The Tesla Tap is able to work with those chargers even if the J1772 mode is disabled. I don't know if the Lectron can do that ... but this may be the reason why the reviewers were unable to get the Lectron to work on some Tesla destination chargers.

The Mach-E can pull a max of 48 amps ... so I'd get an adapter rated for at least that much.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
The Mach-E can pull a max of 48 amps ... so I'd get an adapter rated for at least that much.
A bit of a dumb question, but to be clear, the 50 amp adapter should be good enough right? It’s not like the breaker where we should have 120% of what will be used.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A bit of a dumb question, but to be clear, the 50 amp adapter should be good enough right? It’s not like the breaker where we should have 120% of what will be used.
Yes it should be 60A to be safe.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The 50A adapter would probably be OK if you were on a 48A wallbox with a 60A breaker. The problem is, you could very well be on an 80A Tesla Destination Charger. That means if something goes wrong your 50 amp adapter is going to have a very bad day.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 50A adapter would probably be OK if you were on a 48A wallbox with a 60A breaker. The problem is, you could very well be on an 80A Tesla Destination Charger. That means if something goes wrong your 50 amp adapter is going to have a very bad day.
I see - so by this logic, the 80A adapter is really the only way to safely avoid this?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m with @SashaLondon on the charge door stop for dent prevention.

OP
OP

smalas

First Name
Sami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME ExRWD (DMG), Subaru Outback
Country flag
I got an extension lead that can be used for EV chargers for when you can't reach that electric outlet.
Also the charge door dent preventer moulding.
Do you have a link? Thanks in advance!

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see - so by this logic, the 80A adapter is really the only way to safely avoid this?
For anyone wondering: 13:05 in this video answers my questions. MME owners should get a 50A TeslaTap as the car can accept up to 48A.

Sorry to slightly hijack the thread ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Do you have a link? Thanks in advance!
There are several 40A cables on Amazon.com. Search for J1772 extension cable.
Sponsored