MachE Owners... what are the must have accessories?

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
Hi MachE Forum! Needless to say I'm beyond enthused to be getting my MachE in 3ish months (production week of 10/18) while I wait is there anything you'd recommend looking into purchasing to make the experience all the better? I'll start off below with some tips I've found by watching YouTubers:

1. Tesla to J1772 while this wont work with superchargers your area might have a lot of tesla high powered connectors or destination chargers in which case this may be useful!
2. Camping Mattress for those who want to be able to camp in their car I saw this and it looks pretty neat - especially with the moonroof!

That's all I got! I've seen wraps and some things on Etsy but if there is anything that is functional that's made your lives easier post them below!
For me with an awd select without comfort. Got a wall charger from my utility company, bought snow tires, rubber floor mats, now I'm looking at heated seat covers
Sponsored

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just found this thread and it has a lot of good accessory ideas.

For me, without an actual spare tire, I need a jack and a tire repair kit for those long trips. I also have the cargo maps.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Hi MachE Forum! Needless to say I'm beyond enthused to be getting my MachE in 3ish months (production week of 10/18) while I wait is there anything you'd recommend looking into purchasing to make the experience all the better? I'll start off below with some tips I've found by watching YouTubers:

1. Tesla to J1772 while this wont work with superchargers your area might have a lot of tesla high powered connectors or destination chargers in which case this may be useful!
2. Camping Mattress for those who want to be able to camp in their car I saw this and it looks pretty neat - especially with the moonroof!

That's all I got! I've seen wraps and some things on Etsy but if there is anything that is functional that's made your lives easier post them below!
I added a plush mat for the back from Lloyd's, thought the original carpet kind of skimpy back there. Took out part of the Frunk divider. Added the AOSK center console organizer inside - perfect fit. Wall charger from Chargepoint bought at Home Depot. Dealer gave me a second key fob when I asked for one shortly after ordering car.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
While not critical, I think being able to cover the blue map lights at night with an elegant and simple solution is important to know, especially if you ever want to camp In your MME.

Check out my post on this.

drjimtaylor

First Name
Dr. Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Rte. 1
Country flag
I just bought a 2023 CR1 ER AWD. I didn't like having no rear door handles, so I ordered the following from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YXT3YS1?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Hint for installation: Peel off the adhesive tape from the handle (too spongy and not strong enough) and then apply superglue to the handle and door surfaces, then let dry. Looks and works great!

dr__bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD, 2016 Fusion Energi Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A better cargo cover. The OEM is a pain, IMHO. I tossed it the first time I drove with the windows down. It was flapping all over the place. I got this one to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M72GF31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hint: a number of people complained that the back holders come off too easily. I really cleaned the surface well, applied the back holders and then didn't use the cover for about a week to let the adhesive set. So far, after a year (in SoCal conditions) they are still holding fine. They can also be e screwed in.

Psifire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MMe Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Hint: a number of people complained that the back holders come off too easily. I really cleaned the surface well, applied the back holders and then didn't use the cover for about a week to let the adhesive set. So far, after a year (in SoCal conditions) they are still holding fine. They can also be e screwed in.
From what I've read, everyone keeps trying to use different double back tapes when the supplied ones don't work.

Has anyone tried using a general purpose epoxy?
Sponsored