Mache vs polestar 2 PREMIER SUNDAY MARCH 14TH AT 19:00!

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
So my MME is on the way but I have a polestar as a back up if there are any other quality delays. I test drove a Polestar 2 today and was really impressed with the way it drove. It was very comfortable and I’ve never driven 1PD and I had the hang of it in a block it was so smooth and easy. I was very impressed with the P2. Android auto was simple and very snappy in operation. This made me very excited to finally get to test drive a MME and compare. I imagine it will be every bit as good. 45 minutes of test driving and I’m sad I have to go back to my ICE.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So my MME is on the way but I have a polestar as a back up if there are any other quality delays. I test drove a Polestar 2 today and was really impressed with the way it drove. It was very comfortable and I’ve never driven 1PD and I had the hang of it in a block it was so smooth and easy. I was very impressed with the P2. Android auto was simple and very snappy in operation. This made me very excited to finally get to test drive a MME and compare. I imagine it will be every bit as good. 45 minutes of test driving and I’m sad I have to go back to my ICE.
How did you find the center console? Several reviewers have mentioned it can feel claustrophobic and that their right knee hits it.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I didn't realize they had Denver test drives. I tried a few months ago and they didn't have any. I just booked one for next Friday.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I didn't realize they had Denver test drives. I tried a few months ago and they didn't have any. I just booked one for next Friday.
The guy doing it is named Jorge. He was crazy nice and I thought very knowledgeable. He doesn’t try and sell you on anything. Yeah it just started up not too long ago I think.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
How did you find the center console? Several reviewers have mentioned it can feel claustrophobic and that their right knee hits it.
I didn’t have a problem but I agree that it’s overly large. It didn’t bother me but I can see that some folk might not like it.

I was just blown away with how well it drove, how smooth the ride was and how quiet it was I drove it down a road near my home called Broadway which is generally pretty rough in patches and it wasn’t unpleasant at all.

The closest comparison I can make is it felt a lot like a more luxurious Mini Countryman (a much bigger vehicle that it looks). That’s what I currently drive and the space felt the same for me but more comfortable. And the trunk was practically identical in size to my Mini Countryman.

I thought this video sums up my thoughts real well (minus the weird seat position tangent he goes on)

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm curious about the Polestar but the reasons I eliminated it from contention were: 1) less range, 2) costs more, 3) unsure about rear cargo room, and 4) worry about service centers.

Number 4 was big. I initially figured any Volvo dealer would be a service center bu then I saw this on their website: " We currently have Polestar Authorized Service Points in Manhattan, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose, with further locations coming soon." That's a red flag since I live in Denver.

I still want to give it a test drive and can't wait to give it a go.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm curious about the Polestar but the reasons I eliminated it from contention were: 1) less range, 2) costs more, 3) unsure about rear cargo room, and 4) worry about service centers.

Number 4 was big. I initially figured any Volvo dealer would be a service center bu then I saw this on their website: " We currently have Polestar Authorized Service Points in Manhattan, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose, with further locations coming soon." That's a red flag since I live in Denver.

Yeah at least for now Volvo's been very very clear that in the US, Polestar vehicles cannot be serviced at Volvo dealers.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

One opens in Denver, at least a showroom,!on March 30 in cherry creek north. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have a service center if they have a showroom.
Sponsored