Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Update 5/2/22
Received email from dealership. They will not negotiate on this $899 advantage program. My options are to suck it up or take the time to shop for Dealers close to me and discuss my options.
I don’t have time to mess with it now, but I will be calling Ford corporate first and go from there.

I had a conversation via email with my local dealership- Deacon Jones today.
I asked for order summary with pricing. I went to this dealership when I placed my order and asked upfront if they had add ons or ADM? I got a firm no.
Fast forward to today, gave me this BS about advantage program, must have on all new vehicles they sell. ( fine print says in-inventory) My online order is not in their inventory. Am I right? It is a $900 option. ( But not an option, a requirement) emailed back and forth with dealer informing them I do not need or want to be involved in this program. Their response to me is “We do not add market adjustments.” Basically just eat this $900 program crap that I don’t want. @Ford Motor Company something needs to change! I have waited months to get this car and to add this at the finish line is beyond frustrating to me. I love this car but dealer experience is not pleasant. If anybody has any suggestions, let me know.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mad enough to eat nails! 2194A7E0-8CFE-42B3-9A66-CBE2C6627EDF
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
This is pretty typical, could be a lot worse than $900. I’d see if they could waive their dealer and doc fees instead.
My salesman emailed me a few minutes ago. Getting with his GM in the morning. I will pass judgment tomorrow. I shouldn’t be forced into a program I don’t need. It’s principle for me. I asked on day one. $900 is $900. I really like my salesman, I’m willing to compromise.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Actually reading what you get for the “advantage program” $900 doesn’t seem to bad.

Way better than the $1500 “protection program” the new GM tried to force on all new cars but my salesman said “we don’t do this for ordered X plan cars” and held firm.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You go girl!

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Actually reading what you get for the “advantage program” $900 doesn’t seem to bad.

Way better than the $1500 “protection program” the new GM tried to force on all new cars but my salesman said “we don’t do this for ordered X plan cars” and held firm.
If they would have told me day one, this would not be a conversation. Don’t spring sh%# on me, it pisses me off. It is now not about the program really. It’s sneaking it in that has me angry.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If they would have told me day one, this would not be a conversation. Don’t spring sh%# on me, it pisses me off. It is now not about the program really. It’s sneaking it in that has me angry.
Yeah I hear ya. Ya gotta remember they’ve got all the leverage now. They know you won’t walk away from the deal, it just means they can put it into their inventory and sell it with a $10k markup.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
If they don’t have a limit on how many times they can replace lost keys? I’d be losing my keys on a monthly basis to stick it back to their ass.
Limit is $500😂 Never lost keys in my life, why would I start now?🤷🏽‍♀️

mep1952

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium space white rr drive, extended range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Totally agree with you. That is BS. Keep pushing them, don't give up.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Yeah I hear ya. Ya gotta remember they’ve got all the leverage now. They know you won’t walk away from the deal, it just means they can put it into their inventory and sell it with a $10k markup.
I’m not the go quietly type. Jim would know about it before I was done. We buy their products, we ( the consumer) have power too. I’m willing to pay what I agreed to pay. I knew about the $699 doc fee. It is expensive to me, but I knew upfront, so I’m ok with it. Like I said, I’m willing to compromise but I don’t appreciate a forced program and not knowing in advance.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Well, one way to handle it is you could wait till your tires are about 1/2 used up and then drive over a set of Ginsu knives. But be sure to do it within about a block of the dealership so you can limp in and get your brand new set of tires.

Or, limp in from farther away so they get to replace the wheels too.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Well, one way to handle it is you could wait till your tires are about 1/2 used up and then drive over a set of Ginsu knives. But be sure to do it within about a block of the dealership so you can limp in and get your brand new set of tires.

Or, limp in from farther away so they get to replace the wheels too.
Lol, I’m more interested in the dents and dings. I thought about the tires too. Would nail in the sidewall count? 🤔

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Few months back, Mike Levine (North America Comms Director) said on twitter to get him involved if dealers didn't want to honor original order conditions, but he needs the original order sheet. The question is: did you get your executed order in paper?