Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
I am pretty much done with Fords lack of service and communication. They treat us like crap, here we are buying a $50-60k MME and we deserve better service. Yesterday Jim Farley tweeted how grateful he is that Mach-E is being sold to three different continents, but how can he celebrate when they can't even deliver them. If anyone is willing to tweet about your experience, I think this is a good opportunity to do it. I tweeted, you should too. Maybe if we all gang up on him he will hear us out and do something about it.
Sponsored

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Do... what? Every industry has supply constraints, the Mach-E and soon to be Lightning will face two extreme ones, that is batteries and microchips. There are also transportation delays with lack of truck drivers, which has impacted most industries.

Not sure why you think Ford is somehow just shrugging and not delivering Mach-Es, since anyone that doesn't have theirs hasn't given Ford a cent, they only become $50-60k transactions once they are actually sold to you, and Ford wants them to be sold to you more than anything.

Tesla is delivering cars without USB ports, GM has halted their truck lines in a few recent occasions, nearly every manufacturer has either delivery delays or had to make content cuts. It sucks, but tweeting to Jim Farley isn't going to change anything he doesn't already know. Ford would move heaven and earth if it meant they could magically deliver every vehicle customers have ordered tomorrow.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I know people are frustrated with the “lack of communication.”

However, even if they stopped every 5 minutes to give you an update, you would be even more frustrated because the update would be “we are working as fast as we can, but we don’t know when we will get the parts or the people to deliver your vehicle.”

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I know people are frustrated with the “lack of communication.”

However, even if they stopped every 5 minutes to give you an update, you would be even more frustrated because the update would be “we are working as fast as we can, but we don’t know when we will get the parts or the people to deliver your vehicle.”
Yeah, Ford's communication is bad in some areas, like the BlueCruise OTA update progress and stuff like that. But these supply shortages are both constantly changing and difficult to predict, but also how Ford addresses them are sometimes secret because they need to be, either because they are not finalized large purchase orders, or maybe a partnership that will help fill some gaps, or changing battery suppliers and the current supplier may not know it's coming... Those things can't change just because the customer is upset, unfortunately. Some are legal requirements, and some are just necesarry to keep quiet to make sure they don't fall apart.

Before you get upset it's always important to stop and ask yourself, how is Ford benefiting by not delivering my vehicle? If you have an answer for that let us know and I can get on the angry train too.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Sorry but I can't complain, yes i have been waiting six months so far and have at least three more to go.
As has been mentioned the supply chain is broken and getting parts and supplies is getting more difficult by the day. I work in a business that relies on imported materials and those materials are either sitting on a container ship off the coast for months or on a dock in the far east because of the lack of containers AND ships.
There are fewer drivers available to transport those shiny new cars to us.
Yes Ford does hear our cries and complaints but their hands are tied just like all the other suppliers and manufacturers world wide. Would you rather have daily emails telling you the same thing over and over..."yes your vehicle is in progress".
So again I say NO I will not tweet, email, call, or complain, its my opinion that Ford is doing all they can with what they have at hand, and yes they are trying to improve slowly but surely.
Remember, you have not purchased a car yet, and Ford did not promise you an exact date of delivery and I'm sure there are other people waiting longer that either of us.

Tony

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am pretty much done with Fords lack of service and communication. They treat us like crap, here we are buying a $50-60k MME and we deserve better service. Yesterday Jim Farley tweeted how grateful he is that Mach-E is being sold to three different continents, but how can he celebrate when they can't even deliver them. If anyone is willing to tweet about your experience, I think this is a good opportunity to do it. I tweeted, you should too. Maybe if we all gang up on him he will hear us out and do something about it.
Actually the most appropriate thing you should do is hold your breath until Jim Farley begs you to forgive him for being so mean to you.

Yeah, Ford's communication is bad in some areas, like the BlueCruise OTA update progress and stuff like that. But these supply shortages are both constantly changing and difficult to predict, but also how Ford addresses them are sometimes secret because they need to be, either because they are not finalized large purchase orders, or maybe a partnership that will help fill some gaps, or changing battery suppliers and the current supplier may not know it's coming... Those things can't change just because the customer is upset, unfortunately. Some are legal requirements, and some are just necesarry to keep quiet to make sure they don't fall apart.

Before you get upset it's always important to stop and ask yourself, how is Ford benefiting by not delivering my vehicle? If you have an answer for that let us know and I can get on the angry train too.
Here's the thing: quite obviously the OTA process has been overwhelmed with 1.7.1 - on could say it is a huge mess. Without the OTA process working satisfactorily, it would be more than stupid of them to try to push out an even bigger and more complicated update - the number of bricked cars would become embarrassing. There is no question that some major asschewing and even firing has been happening, but that doesn't fix the problem so a lot more engineering and refactoring is going on.

So now let's talk communication: Darren Palmer does an interview where he says blue cruise is scheduled for Q3 availability. Then the crap hits the fan with the OTA process, so they pull back on that plan and come up with a new one - which is based on assumptions that whatever issues they are having can be worked out by a certain date.

HOWEVER, all of those people who took that statement as "a promise" now want to get out the torches and pitchforks because that perceived promise was broken. Should Ford then continue to feed the public with the nitty gritty details of whats wrong and what's going on so those same people can misinterpret, misanalyze, and otherwise monday-morning-quarterback everything Ford says?
No. Ford is going to say: "let's not make that mistake again, just let them eat silence".

As you said about deliveries: Ford would love to deliver everyone's car today because, well, they are a business that wants to make money. People who think Ford isn't doing everything they can to deliver product are just ludicrously out of touch with reality.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
so the lack of chips and the logistics nightmare we are experiencing globally is all Ford's fault?

please.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
My orders been placed for a week and it's not even scheduled.

WTF, FORD, WTF!!!!!

I'd say take it to the streets but we might need to get in line for that after yesterday.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My 2 cents on the waiting issue, many folks today are used to "Amazon speed", you know, order today, get it almost today......some people have little to no "waiting skills".......when the line in the grocery store is slow, it seems some don't have the ability to deal with it.....
I'm an old fart and things were just different in the 50's and 60's growing up, there was no such thing as fast food, you sat in a diner and ordered, waited and then ate......the fastest food was buying a hot dog from the guy selling from a cart on the corner, haha.....you went for a haircut, you waited, went to the DR. you waited, just the way it was....few places had appointments.....and I am NOT saying the old days were better, just different.....you got used to waiting, being patient....
If you did order something by mail, it often took weeks (4-6 weeks was the normal wait time) for you to get it, just the way it was......
Today, everything has to be fast......look at how fast we want our computers to be and how quickly they become out dated speed wise....

Well sorry for this, I woke up this morning thinking about how things have changed in my 74 years, feeling a little down......

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I run into this in the airline business. We start taxiing and get delayed, could be weather, heavy traffic all sorts of things. We are supposed to give updates more often than we really should. Updates without and new information can be as bad as no updates at all. If I just told you we were delayed due to storms and can't take off for at least "X" amount of minutes, what else do you want me to say a few minutes later when nothing has changed. Sit back and relax because we are all waiting this out. How many updates should Mr. Farley make about supply chain problems. It's in the news every day including things Ford is doing to fix them like building battery and chip plants in the USA. "Patience is a virtue"

I don't have my MME yet but I guess I would be a little frustrated about Blue Cruise since the new cars are coming with it installed and functional.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been waiting just as long for my wife’s Audi as I have for my Mach , except there are no online trackers of any kind. Just have to bug the (very nice and helpful) sales associate once a month or so. She also wants it to come as soon as possible as she makes no money when they don’t sell cars.

Honestly I would prefer to go back to buying a car off the lot eventually (when supply chain issues improve). This whole custom order thing isn’t a benefit for cars. Cars have always taken a long time to build and ship, we just didn’t usually have to worry about that part. Worst case my dealer would find the trim/color I wanted at another dealer and have it transferred.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
entitlement is the feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Make some noise about the delays, let's Tweet about it 1637464868382
I agree with what everyone posted above, except for the one I'm quoting. The thread started isn't getting his vehicle for free, is he? I think he might have some unrealistic expectations, but we're buying vehicles in the $50,000 to $60,000 range. That's far from the most expensive a car is priced, but it's more expensive than many vehicles on the road today. Combine that with the fact that a vehicle is a necessity for most of us and asking for a bit more transparency is far from an entitled attitude.

Just because a lot of us knew what we were getting into both in terms of timing and communication (or lack thereof) doesn't mean we should berate those who expect better. The fact that we have guides about stringing data across three or four websites to track aspects of your car shows that people really want this information. How nice would it be if Ford gave it to you, and a bit more?

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is part of the reason the dealership model will never go away.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I posted reply in the other forum on this too. Ford said they would build 50k mme's for 2021. They will hit that goal. The fact that more people want the car than ford can build is good for ford.

On top of that, they still met the goal with supply chain constraints, rail transport difficulties etc.
Sponsored