Advertisement

methorian

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition (Reservation)
Country flag
I'm personally okay with the sounds - I do enjoy the audio cues from my current ICE car, which can pump engine noise into the cabin. I like to turn it on if/when I'm just cruising around and whatnot, but I do turn it off for my commute when I'm listening to audiobooks.

It'll be fun in the Mach-E, especially giving people rides in the EV and all. Makes it a bit more of an "experience", but also nice to turn off and show just how quiet they are.

I think this sort of stuff is kind of cool, as I associate it with more premium brands that are delivering a complete driving "experience". Just shows how much Ford really cares about the Mach-E as a whole to me.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Reaction score
First Name
SY
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Same with the horn. And headlights. And turn signals and windshield wipers...
Haha yes but when I use those, I actually need/want It. The sound is, eh... something many EV buyers want to do without.

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
I want it. Even if I rarely use it, I want the ability to have it.

And you'd be surprised at just how much you rely upon aural feedback to judge acceleration in a car. Without it, you'll be going a lot faster, a lot sooner than expected.

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max
Country flag
I want it. Even if I rarely use it, I want the ability to have it.

And you'd be surprised at just how much you rely upon aural feedback to judge acceleration in a car. Without it, you'll be going a lot faster, a lot sooner than expected.
I agree with you.

I'm tired of this fake outrage over the stupid sounds.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Unless it has an off button, this is outrageous. How will i turn it off and make it stop burning electrons? Start but no Stop? I'm canceling. :p
Hey wait a minute, aren't you from the industry with all that great use of language? I'm with George Carlin: I don't want a non-stop flight. I want my flight to stop at the airport where I'm going (3:35).

Advertisement