silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
"Has anyone ever remixed a car before? Electric vehicles are virtually silent. When we created the Ford Mustang Mach-E, engineers worked with sound designers to create futuristic propulsion noises that enhance the driving experience. We sent those sounds to critically acclaimed electronic musician Matthew Dear with the mission to remix the Mustang Mach-E and create an original song. Watch to see how “New Breed” came together."

Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
"Has anyone ever remixed a car before? Electric vehicles are virtually silent. When we created the Ford Mustang Mach-E, engineers worked with sound designers to create futuristic propulsion noises that enhance the driving experience. We sent those sounds to critically acclaimed electronic musician Matthew Dear with the mission to remix the Mustang Mach-E and create an original song. Watch to see how “New Breed” came together."

Could not quite make it through all the scripted "spontaneous" conversation and gratuitous congratulations but it is cool that they are passionate about their work. Personally, one of the things I have enjoyed about both my Leaf and Bolt is the lack of noise. If I wanted work done on the sound in my MME, my preference would be simply noise cancellation or suppression. Assuming people have choices for no noise or the noise they think is cool, have at it. Discussions on this forum make clear that what I consider a dream feature someone else might consider stupid and vice versa.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
You do not have to have the electronic engine noise on. There are 4 engine noise modes: whisper, engage, unbridled, and off. I personally plan to spend much of the time in “off.”

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
A great sound for a great car. Yea, these are impressions .... great job!!!! Can't waiting for this car!!!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Discussions on this forum make clear that what I consider a dream feature someone else might consider stupid and vice versa.
I wouldn't consider your preference stupid, nor should you feel mine are either. I can see both points - personally I hate obnoxiously loud motorcycles and cars, but by the same token we all have a learned expectation that noise=speed. Until now that was typically the case, so one shouldn't just dismiss that lifetime of conditioning.

Maybe I am unique, but on more than 1 occasion as a kid I pretended to be driving the parked family car- which of course included my own manufactured sound track. The same thing is true for when I was playing with my matchbox/hot wheels cars.

Whether it makes sense or not, just like sight or smell sound evokes a visceral/emotional reaction. Even if you aren't consciously aware of it, I suspect that your car might "feel" faster if you have the right soundtrack when you hit the accelerator. Ford knows that, so they are spending time trying to create a good one. I will probably turn it off as well, but I'll experiment with it to see which case I prefer.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wouldn't consider your preference stupid, nor should you feel mine are either. I can see both points - personally I hate obnoxiously loud motorcycles and cars, but by the same token we all have a learned expectation that noise=speed. Until now that was typically the case, so one shouldn't just dismiss that lifetime of conditioning.

Maybe I am unique, but on more than 1 occasion as a kid I pretended to be driving the parked family car- which of course included my own manufactured sound track. The same thing is true for when I was playing with my matchbox/hot wheels cars.

Whether it makes sense or not, just like sight or smell sound evokes a visceral/emotional reaction. Even if you aren't consciously aware of it, I suspect that your car might "feel" faster if you have the right soundtrack when you hit the accelerator. Ford knows that, so they are spending time trying to create a good one. I will probably turn it off as well, but I'll experiment with it to see which case I prefer.
I agree.....I have no need for 0-60 times, loud car noises, but if that's what someone else likes fine with me......what's the saying. "to each his own"......over the last 15 or so years, I've gone from classic rock, to classical, to quiet when driving (of course, I still listen to all the music on occasion), maybe all part of the aging process, hahaha.......after driving a hybrid and c max energi for the last 10 years, I appreciate the quiet more than ever.......oh, I've ridden a Harley for years, not any more, and bikers have a saying, "loud bikes save lives"......people hear a loud bike and know where we are, rather than the bike just appearing.....I know the loudness can be annoying. but that's the main reason so many riders have loud bikes, take care all

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not too obnoxious but why does Whisper have to make a sound at all?
Some find pink noise calming. It made me think of distant ocean waves when I heard it.

For me, the jury's still out on how often I'll turn on or off the feedback.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not too obnoxious but why does Whisper have to make a sound at all?
I think it's because Whisper is not the same as Off.

If a driver wants a subtle audio cue for throttle position/speed, then Whisper might be a good mode to have.