Many updates but still no BlueCruise

amoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Ex4
Country flag
I have a Job 1 2021 Mach E. I was stuck on sync 2.X for a very long time. Since April I’ve been receiving about 1 update every 2-3 days. I’m now on 4.2.5 so pretty much caught up but stop have no blue cruise available.
Am I stuck with going to the dealer for this now? Making things worse my 3 year free trial is basically coming to an end without a single mile of BC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Many updates but still no BlueCruise Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 7.01.36 AM
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you haven’t gotten it OTA by now, you should go to your dealer to get it installed.

Your Job 1 car didn’t come with 3 years (and that wasn’t free for anyone). You should get 1 year free from the date BC is activated.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer stated last month that ford has a hold on bc dealer update
I have also been unable to get the software installed
Such a shame that as a car owner several are paying to get access to the ford service network for software updates
This is becoming a sore subject
It only took me seven trips to get the second key fob for the car

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My dealer stated last month that ford has a hold on bc dealer update
I have also been unable to get the software installed
Such a shame that as a car owner several are paying to get access to the ford service network for software updates
This is becoming a sore subject
It only took me seven trips to get the second key fob for the car
That was true last month. It is no longer true. There's a thread on here somewhere.

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
That was true last month. It is no longer true. There's a thread on here somewhere.
Is it true that a dealer can perform a BC update? Are there steps I can provide to my dealer, cause they haven't done anything for me.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a Job 1 2021 Mach E. I was stuck on sync 2.X for a very long time. Since April I’ve been receiving about 1 update every 2-3 days. I’m now on 4.2.5 so pretty much caught up but stop have no blue cruise available.
Am I stuck with going to the dealer for this now? Making things worse my 3 year free trial is basically coming to an end without a single mile of BC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Many updates but still no BlueCruise Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 7.01.36 AM
Yes, your only option is to go to the dealer to have them fix it.

I’m kinda shocked you’ve waited this long. I can only assume you’re either extremely patient or don’t really care about having BC.

RobC

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I have a Job 1 and am still waiting for Blue Cruise. I have been calling Ford monthly since November 2022 to get the status. On 3/25 they told me it would no longer be on hold by mid April, and I should have it the second half of April. Needless to say, I still don't have it. I called again on 5/13 and was told it's on hold. I expressed my regrets about trusting Ford, and they asked if I'd be interested in a buyback. Absolutely! They got back to me within a week and denied it because there haven't been enough attempts to fix it, even though the dealers that I contacted wouldn't or couldn't make an attempt to fix it.

I've been really patient. Now I'm really ticked off. It's a huge feature of the car, and I've been waiting almost two years now. It looks like I'll be filing for arbitration in the hope that Ford might finally start paying attention and either compensate the early adopters that trusted Ford (like me), or better yet, get this fixed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a Job 1 and am still waiting for Blue Cruise. I have been calling Ford monthly since November 2022 to get the status. On 3/25 they told me it would no longer be on hold by mid April, and I should have it the second half of April. Needless to say, I still don't have it. I called again on 5/13 and was told it's on hold. I expressed my regrets about trusting Ford, and they asked if I'd be interested in a buyback. Absolutely! They got back to me within a week and denied it because there haven't been enough attempts to fix it, even though the dealers that I contacted wouldn't or couldn't make an attempt to fix it.

I've been really patient. Now I'm really ticked off. It's a huge feature of the car, and I've been waiting almost two years now. It looks like I'll be filing for arbitration in the hope that Ford might finally start paying attention and either compensate the early adopters that trusted Ford (like me), or better yet, get this fixed.
The hold was released last week. Make another appointment with your dealer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello! Send us a private message with your MachE’s VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

OP
OP

amoo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Ex4
Country flag
Update: I took my car in for service (was overdue anyway) and was told one of the open recalls was to update some modules to support BC. Will confirm its there when I pickup but seemingly there were reacalls that were not ablet o be completed via OTA.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I stop in yesterday at my dealer of purchase
Asked for BC install and was told it was on hold. I had to inform him that that would be incorrect. He then check to confirm I was correct and then stated they would need the car for three days and the soonest appointment would be two weeks on June 12. After waiting for over a year plus. I stopped in at another dealer and was given a date of June 29 and would take 8 hrs. The lead times, the amount of time to do the the software updates are a disappointing experience. Not sure if the car thing is ready for the real world. The software updates are not prime time. Lots of things need improvements. The local dealers are not ready

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I took my car in for service (was overdue anyway) and was told one of the open recalls was to update some modules to support BC. Will confirm its there when I pickup but seemingly there were reacalls that were not ablet o be completed via OTA.
Dealers tend to call all service action bulletins recalls, but the one for BlueCruise is actually a CSP, not a recall. Doesn’t matter much while the car is under warranty, but it’s a big difference after the warranty expires.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Dealers tend to call all service action bulletins recalls, but the one for BlueCruise is actually a CSP, not a recall. Doesn’t matter much while the car is under warranty, but it’s a big difference after the warranty expires.
I thought CSPs were still covered. General TSBs aren't, but I'm pretty sure the CSPs are.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I stop in yesterday at my dealer of purchase
Asked for BC install and was told it was on hold. I had to inform him that that would be incorrect. He then check to confirm I was correct and then stated they would need the car for three days and the soonest appointment would be two weeks on June 12. After waiting for over a year plus. I stopped in at another dealer and was given a date of June 29 and would take 8 hrs. The lead times, the amount of time to do the the software updates are a disappointing experience. Not sure if the car thing is ready for the real world. The software updates are not prime time. Lots of things need improvements. The local dealers are not ready
I think what you’re experiencing is just a long line in front of you at the service departments.
Sponsored